skins and GUI (OS-tan themed)

Started by Dr. Mario, February 26, 2008, 05:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Dr. Mario"
BTW, I checked out your website - still look nice, one problem - they're for Windows Vista, so I doubt it will work in my GreenOmega 64 (unless I modify the WINE heavily to make it look exactly like Vista) but still, I would like to use it, though. Also, some tools on your website will help me out too (to create some OS-tan sprite for the GUI skin).

Added after 13 minutes:

So, AnimeTheme, where do you get the complete tools? I may want to make some too. (for both Windows and GreenOmega OS)

You can run gadgets on non-Vista Windows (using 3rd party sidebar on XP, for example), though in your case I don't think it will run well (or even run at all) on WINE, since some of my gadgets use some native Windows scripting functions. I may port my gadgets to Yahoo or Google format in the future... but there is still no such plan right now.

Also, what "tools" are you referring to?
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Dr. Mario

Oh well. And, on the "tool" topic, I may need some Windows program to create anime skins (the best one possible) - I may want to look into 3D GUI too. The reason I wanted to do that, is because I'm fan of anime - I like Troubled Windows so much that it's weird for me to explain. (I'm technophile.) and I really wanted to see some of OS-Tan skin in BrokenGlass GUI interface (3D interface / DirectX engine for GreenOmega 32 and 64 OS) as I'm going to do something in this homemade OS.

Added after 2 minutes:

P.S. The BrokenGlass GUI (I'm refering to the GUI itself) would be similar to Windows Vista's Aero GUI, only more flexible and skinnable. (You can create just the skin or the whole GUI plugin for the BrokenGlass GUI.)
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...