Your favorite OS-tan

Started by FabianN, April 09, 2005, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

I voted for the dependable woman Win2k myself. She was the first OS-tan I noticed and loved, and even if I've recently also got to adore WinXP and WinME, it's still ms. 2000 who I consider the best. ^_^

That intellectual look just cannot be matched, even if I do have a thing for longer hair and maids as well. *cough*

L33t 4g3nt

Hmmm...I agree with you Pitkin. Especially on the intellectual look, the megane makes her tops.

goostash

Megane? what's that? Is that the neko ears?

L33t 4g3nt

kenohki

My favorite "*-tan" would be a contest between Me-tan and Firefox-ko, but I chose Firefox-ko because I use Mozilla Firefox passionately. Me-tan, while a good character in her own right, represents an OS that.... Never mind, I digress.

Megane is short for meganekko, isn't it? I never heard it abbreviated.

L33t 4g3nt

I don't know...All I know is that "megane" means or implies glasses. I remember in some animes a character might be nicknamed "Megane" whis would be the same as the slang english nickname "Specs."

Pitkin

Actually, megane is not short for meganekko. Megane simply means "glasses", just like L33t 4g3nt already mentioned, and meganekko only adds the familiar -ko suffix into it, making it "a girl who wears glasses" (edit: or "female four-eyes" or "glasses-girl"). So, people who are into meganes tend to love meganekkos. ^_^

L33t 4g3nt

Ayromek

Speaking of the browsers...is there an Opera-tan?

Q4(V)

FabianN

yea, she's a hard find

Ayromek

That kinda sucks.  Opera's my favorite browser.  =/

L33t 4g3nt

What features does Opera have? I've only used IE, Netscape, and FireFox.

Q4(V)

it is rare, but i bet it's out there somewhere ... hiding

Opera is very similar to netscape .. i have it on my home pc but tht doesn't have the internet right now, so i haven't use it in a long time but it is cool.

er
opera
opera 2

tht it, find some more later back to exams ...... for abt 2 weeks

Q4(V)

i've got time, i've got time ..... no i don't

Opera

tht it no more .. a because i got no time, and b i can't find any more ... thank god and c i really must stop to do exams ... but i know i finded some more some were