Main Menu

old-tan?

Started by Chocofreak13, September 26, 2008, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Inspiration may have struck, most likely plot now is going to be set in 1958 when GENIAC-chan is brought to the Lincoln Laboratory one day.

*Notice* Modifications made to the profile

Chocofreak13

:3 it's good to see you've gotten used to life here, SAGE. ^^
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Ah, thanks you.  Of course now that I have the idea I need to actually write it.

stewartsage

Not exactly what I set out to write, though that will still happen.  Depends whether you good folk like this format or for that matter actually like what I wrote.  Without further ado, here is a selection from SAGE-sama's "diary"

Part One:
http://cptlfrghtr.deviantart.com/art/SAGE-Diary-11-11-09-Pt-1-143317560

Part Two:
http://cptlfrghtr.deviantart.com/art/SAGE-Diary-11-11-09-Pt-2-143318156

Aurora Borealis

It's looking really good so far! Poor SAGE-sama. She's not just lost her vision and power, but also her sanity! :(

I actually could imagine SAGE-sama being friends with GENIAC-chan, especially since GENIAC-chan is hardly threatening by anybody's standards. She can also play a good game of Tic-Tac-Toe! :D

stewartsage

Poor SAGE-sama, all she wants is Tic-Tac-Toe and some permanent peace of mind.  

My line of thinking was that since she actually is a child, SAGE accepted her.  Maybe some of the engineers were tinkering around with a GENIAC kit for fun during SAGE's development and the two bonded while playing around.  There could be some potential for all sorts of zaney adventures with GENIAC-chan and SAGE-san ;012

Aurora Borealis

I really like that idea! :D I've wondered what GENIAC-chan's life would have been like in the 1950's, since  I haven't written down anything about her early life.

She's not human, but rather a living doll that needs to be operated by someone, and when she was abandoned in 1960 (for some reason or another, but the GENIAC line was discontinued circa 1960), she ended up in a coma, finally awakening after being discovered by one of the vintage OS-tans somewhere... more than 40 years later!

GENIAC-chan now lives in the Binteeji Renmei/Vintage Federation OS-tan faction, and is close friends with EXEC-sama, another OS-tan from the 1950's. Still, I imagine that GENIAC-chan would want to also go visit her old friend SAGE-sama!

stewartsage

All your dreams (may) come true then!  Plus, there may be a flashback to her assisting Apple III-tan saving the world.

Never fear, I researched GENIAC-chan ahead of time when I first started thinking about writing some tales about SAGE-chan.  Considering most engineer's attention wouldn't be held long by her, they gave her to SAGE to operate thus keep both of them occupied.

As to visiting, SAGE-sama is quite convinced GENIAC-chan has followed her (SAGE's) "sister" CTSS-tan to the grave, a visit from her childhood friend would cheer her up considerably.  If they could find her, she isn't exactly seeking out the company of the older OS's due to her precieved disgrace.

Bella

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"mooo!

D'awww, I like your design :3 A bit too... beatnikesque, perhaps (what with the beret and little glasses), but undeniably CUTE! :D

QuoteWhile I'm not a fan of Lost, I think it would be an..... interesting partnership. Incinerating seagulls in the park perhaps? Its interesting to me that they both left mainstream service in 1983

Everytime a person says "i'm no fan of Lost", a Lost fan cries. Q____Q But OMG, you're giving me some lulzy comic ideas for the two of them.

SAGE-sama, GENIAC-chan and Apple ///-tan seem like they'd make for the quirkiest friends, ever. MUST. DO. FANART. ^___^

Added after 31 seconds:

Oh and Stewart-san, great fanfic. :D

Chocofreak13

i love it!!! i love it i love it i love it!! ~^__^~ so much creativity and happiness, it's likewaiting for the next volume of a favourite manga to come out!

keep going! it's so exciting!! ^^

and bella-san, thanks ^^ her head seemed empty. it needed something, and since she was so useful during Nam', perhaps she's an honorary green beret xD and since she's a 60's-esque tan, the small glasses seemed appropriate ^^

thankyou for the cute comment ^^ i likes it too :3 but yours looks better xD
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Quote from: "Bella"Everytime a person says "i'm no fan of Lost", a Lost fan cries. Q____Q But OMG, you're giving me some lulzy comic ideas for the two of them.

SAGE-sama, GENIAC-chan and Apple ///-tan seem like they'd make for the quirkiest friends, ever. MUST. DO. FANART. ^___^

I don't know, it always just seemed so daunting.  However I have watched parts that include SAGE-sama and Apple ///-tan to satisfy my own interest.  Comic ideas are good, and funny ones are even better!

FANART IS MOST GOOD!!  Its sort of worrisome that Apple ///-tan would be the most responsible.

Quote from: "Bella"Oh and Stewart-san, great fanfic.

Thanks, I didn't think it was that good but okay!

Quote from: "Choco"i love it!!! i love it i love it i love it!! ~^__^~ so much creativity and happiness, it's like waiting for the next volume of a favourite manga to come out!

keep going! it's so exciting!! ^^

Arrrgh the pressure! hahaha, I'm working on the second part. SAGE-sama may have to stay at Montauk for a while so her notes don't drop into backwards latin or binary.

Siya

Poor, senile SAGE-sama!

Chocofreak13

lol, the poor thing, getting garbled signals. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

If the Collossus computers are recognised as the world's first digital, electronic, programmable computers, perhaps she should be called Colossus-dono.  And Nejin's idea of having her as a femme fetale spy was cool.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!