Main Menu

old-tan?

Started by Chocofreak13, September 26, 2008, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

^^ ty. and i DID put one it....the watercolour kinda ran a bit...it's that yellow spot on her foobie.

i like sage-tan. i'm excited to see her creation. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"In the original preconcept, she was originally a long-deceased character, but it's good having some evidence that some SAGE systems still survive today.

Yep, I remember reading that but I knew that some of the old computer gear is in museums and prop companies.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Hehehehe! That she knew of Multics and UNIX but dismissed them as toys made me laugh! I like SAGE-sama's attitude! She must be very bold and daring!

In her day she had quite the forceful attitude, she viewed the idea of personal computers as quite silly as a whole

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I like all the backstory you added in, since none of us before really knew anything about SAGE's history aside from being one of the very first OSes ever, and was used by the U.S. Air Force. It's sad that a once powerful and confident character hasn't stood the test of time well, losing nearly all of her senses, and becoming out of touch with the rest of the world.

Thanks, its a joy to help bring a classic OS to life.  I have to say I really couldn't see a way around a surviving SAGE-sama being anything but broken.

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Where do you think her whereabouts would be today exactly? Affiliation-wise, I think she'd be a wanderer living on her own.

I'd say definitely a wanderer, although she may occasionally try to find someone to talk to, perhaps traveling between the abandoned SAGE control centers.

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"SAGE-tan makes me think of that, because imagine being stuck aboard a space shuttle, trying in vain to contact for help, when there is really no hope, as no one is looking for you, and all contact is out of reach. how lonely and sad it must be. (great movie, i loved it, but it was the first movie to truely scare me in years.)

That does pretty similar, I think I've seen that movie

Quote from: "Bella"Very good observations and ideas, StewartSage! It's clear you've put much thought into her design and know your stuff.  Her poor eyesight is certainly backed up by Siya's design, as is her paranoia and independent nature.

I liked that part of the original design, that was actually one of the first things I decided on even before I read that, so it was good to get some confirmation.  I'm not so sure her independence is all that willing anymore.

Quote from: "Bella"I dunnot about the blue skin thing (I'd perfer seeing blue and yellow clothing), but everything else is golden.

Yeah, either skin or perhaps the overcoat.

Quote from: "Bella"edit: Oh, and her dismissing Unix-sama and Multics-sama sounds like something she'd do, for sure. I see a delicious hate-triangle between the three of them. ^^;

Maybe not hate for Multics but certainly few positive feelings, actually she's sort of an aunt to Multics considering MIT played a part in both development projects.  Probably significantly more bitter feelings towards Unix, maybe she blames her for her own downfall and the rise of the 'toys'.

Quote from: "chocofreak13"i like sage-tan. i'm excited to see her creation. :3
Same here!

I like the design of Acorn, I had to look her up but its pretty cool and I like the design.

Chocofreak13

thankyou ^^ and thanks to red machine for the info. ^^

you gonna draw her...?
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

If SAGE-sama thought that Unix was a toy, what would she think of the home computer-tans? o_o

Chocofreak13

little moar than hunks of sillicone?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I can't really draw at all, so I'm afraid I can't draw her

Paperweights?

NejinOniwa

Pebbles spread throughout Silicon Valley. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

That she's become dependent on if she wants to see with any semblance of ease.  I can see her still calling all the others OS-chan.

Chocofreak13

sou.....someone has to draw this tan......

*sigh* why not. ^^; ok, i'll draw her. xD
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Thanks, I can't wait to see her! Honestly, my art is pretty much limited to signs I have no figure drawing ability.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Well, yeah it is a pretty funny thought

Bella

Maybe I'll try drawing her.... hmm... any concept sketches? They needn't be anatomically correct, but it does help to know what the creator envisioned. ^^

Aurora Borealis

Here's a concept chibi of SAGE-tan, based on Siya's concept sketch and Stewartsage's description:

Keeping with the blue + light yellow scheme, her shirt and pants are blue, and the trim on her coat is light yellow. In this concept, her coat is a cross between a military overcoat and an aviator jacket. Not sure if it works, but I tried. :-/

[attachment deleted by admin]

stewartsage

Nice! She looks fierce, probably from when she was still in service ;012.  It looks like everyone is lining up to draw SAGE-sama, maybe I'll write a story about her......