Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Swag: Good luck :[

So, yesterday my internet was out, and my tax return showed up. However, through the power of my stubbornness and a Bluetooth keyboard, I booked the flight for my trip. I'm holding out on registering for AB until I get confirmation from Kari that we're actually going; if we don't, we ca do whatever in that same timeframe -w-

LeaflameSD

@Pent: Thanks for the good luck, fam. I do hope you guys have a sick holiday together~

Looks like I lost yet another friend; she pretty much said she's tired of me. Shit happens, I guess lol

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

I'd say that's the best thing I've seen all day, but somebody posted a video of
Multics running on actual mainframe hardware*

*By which I mean an actual 6180 front panel hooked up to a PC running an emulated 6180 instance.

Bella

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLEPOST BUT STEW GOT HIRED, I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW LIKE 2/3RDS OF MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE.

Also I'm slowly emotionally bonding with the underclassmen, I hope I can build the sorts of friendships/mentorships I've had with some of the upperclassmen... I also need to find an apprentice so somebody will carry on our legacy once I graduate...

Nichi

Nice ^^
Also, let's just hope one of your underclassmen doesn't go all Yandere Simulator ^^;;;

So, the cosplay is basically complete, minus the hairclip; I ordered the wig on Monday. Also, I decided to take a look into shoes...and yeah; I'm probably just going to buy some cheap Converse knock-offs and wear those, as finding a pair of Mary Janes exactly like what Mayl wears, in my size, and under $50, is impossible.

Red-Machine

An anime blog I follow on tumblr was offering recommendations to people based on their likes, so I ran off a list of my favourite anime and the one I most recently watched and sent it in.  Their response was "I'd actively try to avoid this guy."

Nichi

That sucks :[

So, things are coming together for my trip; my cosplay is basically complete, I have a box of trade stuff ready to roll, and I'm slowly getting my bills in order. Plus, I have a decent amount of spending money; having sold some stuff at garage sales and whatnot :3

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 05, 2017, 02:44:47 AMAn anime blog I follow on tumblr was offering recommendations to people based on their likes, so I ran off a list of my favourite anime and the one I most recently watched and sent it in.  Their response was "I'd actively try to avoid this guy."

What anime did you list, out of curiosity?

So I got offered a very cheap pass to PAX, after the original buyer backed out. And that's how I'm going to PAX!

Nichi

Nice :3

I'm waiting for my next paycheck to show up, so I can book the hotel for AB. The preparations are near complete -w-

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on March 09, 2017, 07:45:15 PMWhat anime did you list, out of curiosity?

Oreimo, Love Hina, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and just watched Girls und Panzer.

Bella

None of those are even that bad, wtf.

Also, it just occurred to me I'll have been a member of OSC for 10 years in less than a week, where does the time go?!

Nichi

I know Oreimo is one of those "everyone hates it because incest" series, so maybe that played a factor? IDK.

With 18 days to go, I've almost finished packing for my trip; I washed my cosplay and packed it away in a Space Bag, and then packed some other clothes I want to bring with me in another bag. I may revise what I want to bring as I get closer to time; I do need to pick up a new pair of shorts soon, for one thing (I'm down to my pair that doesn't have pockets).

Tomorrow, when I get paid, I'll book the hotel. When Kari gives me the go-ahead, I'll book the hotel; I'll have the money, but I'm waiting for her to iron out some details on her end first

LeaflameSD

I want to buy OreiImo on DVD, but its rated 18 here for some reason... and foster care bullshit prohibits me from watching 18-rated content.

NAFTA

A bit random, but am I remembering correctly that somebody on here worked on VA-11 Hall-A or some kind of CD graphic layout for it?

I finally got around to playing through it after buying it during the steam winter sale. Good stuff.