Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Cockleshell on August 01, 2014, 06:09:16 AM
I'm off to have all 4 wisdom teeth yanked at 8:45 AM. Yay~

Good luck Cockle. I was wigged out about having my five wisdom teeth removed for literally months beforehand. It really wasn't bad at all though. The worse parts were right afterward (gauze, eeeeewwww), and a few days after when I began healing. The biggest thing is being careful to not develop dry socket. Do exactly what the dr. tells you and put dry tea bags over the removal sites a few times a day, the tannic acid will help with the healing and soreness. Also invest in a couple of ice packs, those come in handy.

Nichi

Am I the only person on this site to not have their wisdom teeth removed?  Granted, I've never been to a dentist (Thanks, mom), so idk if they should be removed :/

Chocofreak13

@cockle: that's a weird thing to ban.....do i want to ask why they don't allow gum in the house...?
gl with the teeth, when i had mine out it took about a week for everything to normalize. i didn't do the tea thing and still didn't get dry socket, but goddamn i was afraid of it. didn't eat much, but then, i could barely keep anything down with the painkillers they gave me. >>;
@pent: noice on the 2 weeks and disgaea. hope everything turns out well. ;^;
also, not everyone has wisdom teeth, so it's possible you don't need to.
@kodomo: our high school started at 7:30. and considering how sluggish i am in the morning and how early my bus came, i had to wake up at 5.
also, sucks about your USB. at least you had everything backed up. hope it wasn't too big. :\
@odin: please try not to die.

so facebook is down.

went to the Cheshire County Fair yesterday. didn't get there till the late afternoon but despite my sister and the gang arriving at Ben's a few hours earlier than us, we got there much earlier. -w-;
twas a nice time, considering it was our first time going. we took note of some things for next year (where to get food), shot the breeze with some old-timers who've been involved with the fair since like, the 60's (going so far as to say that they were in charge of "the girlie tent" in the 70's), and observed the animals and the like. looked at some exhibits, enjoyed the atmosphere, got some pics, and sadly didn't go on any rides (it feels so wrong!!!), mostly due to the fact that it poured off and on during the day, but we still had a good time. also visited this weird discount barn filled to the brim with almost anything you could think of, and i walked out of there with a pair of vintage/antique (having trouble dating them) leather gloves for $2. ^^
i'm looking forward to going next year. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Neat :3

Also, thanks. I'm hoping everything works out with leaving the hut :/

winduko

My friend had her wisdom teeth pulled two years ago, and she's slightly younger than I am. Then again she has a history of early development. I have yet to have them be a problem, though

@Kari: Sounds like my situation. When it comes to getting ready, I take my time, so I have to get up at 5. My brother just takes forever to wake up so he has to get up at 5 too. The middle school bus and the high school bus are the same bus as well.

Also, the files were only 300 megabytes, so they also weren't too big. They are only a few webpage files that I could only access from home or on my phone.

@Pent: I wish you luck.

Chocofreak13

@kodomo: well, people don't usually have them out till they're between 16-20, so give it time, you may get yours out. or if they grow in straight, you may not.
lol, the middle and high school buses are the same? you must live in a SMALL town. -w-;
@pent: i feel empty inside for not having gone on at least ONE ride (they had such an impressive selection, too ;^; ), but at the very least we had fun and we went. and it only cost us $5 to get in! most of our money was spent on food, lol. xD

other interesting things of yesterday i forgot:

~ i drove
~ saw the cattle pull briefly, mum was too upset by it to stay for long
~ broke into ben's house
~ didn't get home till like, midnight
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm nearly 24 and my wisdom teeth are only jusy now coming in :/

Also, sounds fun. I would have hit the rides if any caught my attention

Chocofreak13

oh, believe me, i wanted to. but between having to spend $30 on tickets to get on and the pouring rain, i was the only one who wanted to go anymore. :[
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :[

Well, since apparently FB is still down, and my break is almost over, I'm going back to work. I might post during my next 15-minute break, and I'll be on in full later this evening

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

@Kari: I was so scared of the painkiller side-effects that I never even used them. I just took a lot of ibuprofen and kept ice on the sites non-stop for like three days. Annoying but worth it, I think.

@Pent: 24's pretty old for wisdom teeth to come in. I think mine first appeared at 16 or so. o.o

Chocofreak13

mine never even came in, we had them removed before they started to bud. that was at age 19.

also, the only major side effects i experienced from the painkillers was some nausea and fatigue. i also had a hard time keeping anything down. >>

made for one of the best birthday ever since i could actually keep the pizza and cake down ;v;
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

i am not having fun

when do the opiates kick in fuck
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

soon. don't worry, just distract yourself with something. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

For me, They started to form when I was 18, and are only just now surfacing :/
(Granted, I had acne by age 9 when the rest of puberty didn't set in until I was 14)