Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Bleeeeeh.

It's two fucking AM which means it's time for Luci to go into conniptions. This fucking dog is fine all day but the moment I get ready to go to bed she won't stop pacing around and panting. Last night that little shit kept me up until 5AM. Not even the slightest idea why she's acting like this. It's like she's a laser-guided missile come to completely blow up any chance I have of sleeping.

Nichi

Mmm :\

I honestly didn't want to get up this morning; didn't help I had really bad leg cramps, forcing me to get up >>;;
(Leg cramps might be a sign pointing toward leaving Wal-Mart; I woke up with near-constant leg cramps back when I was juggling that 2nd job at the hospital)

Bella

I think leg cramps are often caused by dehydration + lots of standing (my dad gets them all the time), drink more water/gatorade when you're on the job to help prevent them.

Also I've seen anti-leg-cramping medicine but idk how it works.

Odin Yggdrasil

Dogs do that. You have a decent CO and explosive gas detector in the house?

How about earthquake warnings?

Severe storms?

Dogs are fairly well documented to react to dangers that the human senses cannot percieve without specialized equipment. Perhaps she's trying to tell you something.

Bella

Oh .... shit. I actually hadn't thought about any of that. Luci flips her lid every time she hears thunder, gunshots, fireworks, jets flying overhead and the like, but I haven't heard any of those things. She seems to be persistently freaked out but only around bedtime and throughout the night and until I get out of bed in the morning. It's very strange.

The only thing I can think is, she usually sleeps at the foot of my father's bed and my he's gone away on work. I think she misses him/is afraid he left her ... she doesn't like me as much as him. That said, she's never acted like this when he'd been gone in the past — at least not to this level of severity.

Nichi

I hope everything is fine :[

Also, I think it's not just dehydration, but likely stress as well. Or perhaps the stress is causing the dehydration :\

Chocofreak13

if he's been gone for longer, maybe that's the cause. fern freaked out at first when my parents left for 2 weeks, but eventually she warmed up to me and the others in the house, so she was just desperate for contact, regardless of who it was.

@pent: heavy lifting can cause arthritis, which my mum attributed to leg cramps at first. that said, you seem a bit young for that.....but stranger things have happened. if it persists, try taking some aleve (it really IS the best for arthritis) and drink plenty of fluids.

unrelated to everything else going on, but i think it was mentioned outside the site once or twice. is anyone else watching Halt and Catch Fire, on AMC? i'm really enjoying it thus far. :0

also, updated the town list to add one more i forgot. 31 towns in 10 days~
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: True that, although I'm not doing too much heavy lifting compared to that second job at the hospital; I think it's likely caused by stress. After all, I'm on my feet all day minus a few breaks here and there, and it does get a bit warm in that department. Last Sunday, I felt like I was going to collapse as I walked to the van, because I was so worn out :\

Also, I want to watch that show so bad, but it's always on when I'm at work ;_;

Chocofreak13

it's too bad you don't have on demand, as that's how i've been catching it. wonder if you could find an illegal stream online? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed; as far as I can tell, the only on-demand Dish Network offers is for movies :\
(Truth be told, I haven't really been excited about the new season of Doctor Who, because I know I'm going to miss it because I'll be at work ;_; )

winduko

I just got my schedule for the next school year today.

I am internally doing maniacal laughs because I'm not taking an exam because my final exam period of the year (not semester, but year) is planned at this point (but can change) to be able to be spent not taking an exam because the period that covers is my study hall period.

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 20, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
unrelated to everything else going on, but i think it was mentioned outside the site once or twice. is anyone else watching Halt and Catch Fire, on AMC? i'm really enjoying it thus far. :0

I am! It's pretty good although I get really twitchy every time they talk about DEC stuff for some reason. Probably because they keep pronouncing DEC (deck) as DEE EEE CEE. C'mon writers you couldn't have asked like, any ex-DEC worker on earth how to pronounce that? Or made a call to the Computer History Museum?

This is almost as infuriating as seeing Multics spelled MULTIX for like a whole chapter in Steven Levy's Hackers.

Chocofreak13

huh, i never knew it was pronounced that way. The More You Know~*
i watched episode 5 yesterday, and might try to sneak another episode in tonight. i want to steal half of Cameron's wardrobe.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: ...It's always been pronounced as "deck"? I always assumed it was pronounced by letters, like Japanese counterpart N-E-C :\
Granted, at least "deck" is a word. Not like the new-age retrogamers who insist that "SNES" should be pronounced as "Snezz"; which makes me want to rip their vocal chords out >_>;

@Duko: Sounds good :3

So, since I'm rested and have finally gathered all of my thoughts together, here's a rundown of work yesterday:
Work. Work never changes: ShowHide
Phase 1: Pizza USA
After sleeping in as late as I possibly could, I finally got up at 10AM, did a few things online, and then went over to Pizza Hut for the first round. Was thankfully super-slow all day; spent most of my time talking to my coworkers about having bought the new Weird Al album, among other things. Was a decent start to the day, and I got off a little early since it was so slow and I had everything finished.

Phase 2: Break Break Breakdance
I return home to relax and do some stuff online; since everyone was busy, I watched the newest Blockbuster Buster, lurked Tumblr, and other typical things. Mom left to obtain more garage sale leftovers (This haul is, to be honest, not that great; mostly junk this time around, without any nice clothes for me to try on in secret >w>; ).

Phase 3: Electric Eye
Now, it was time to venture into Wal-Mart. Upon arrival, with plenty of time to spare, I walked over to Redbox; noticing the sign saying they finally have the Lego Movie. So, I rented it, and then walked to the back to put everything in my locker before I clock in. At the start, it seemed like it was going to be a pretty good day; joking around with one of my coworkers about Minecraft while we were trying to reorganize the DVD shelves, with only one problem customer (Some older woman throwing a fit about not being able to buy a Net10 refill card that only has the minutes; even though it's bundled together and we cannot sell her one without including the others. Thankfully, I passed it over to a more knowledgeable and respected coworker, whom defused the situation).

That is, until it got about time for me to take my 15-minute break (My only break at all that day).

A customer calls me over to the case to get a game out for him...and before I can walk down to the register with him, another person jumps in and is wanting Grand Theft Auto V, after some random kids were looking at it. After a headache with that (He didn't seem to understand that GTA5 and Grand Theft Auto V are the same game; so he had to call up whomever was wanting him to get the game and I talked to them to explain that we do have the game in stock), I check out the two customers...when about 5 minutes later, the guy who bought GTA5 came back, saying something about his camera, which he left in his cart, being stolen. He claims it was those kids who were looking at GTA5 before him that took his camera, but honestly I don't know as I never saw him with a camera at all at any point, or even a cart for that matter. I kept trying to tell him to go to the Customer Service desk as they'd be of more help to him, but he didn't seem to understand; he just kept repeating the same bit of info (Camera stolen, while getting game, he claims it was the kids who were looking at said game before he bought it) until he finally caught on to go down there (I mean, they have the ability to pull up the security camera footage to track down whomever stole his camera).

With that out of the way, I was about to go on break...when one of the people from the customer service desk came back over with that guy, as she gathered info from him and also as much info as I was able to provide (As I didn't get a good look at them). I was told to wait as a manager was supposed to come by to sweep the area and again gather info from me, which delayed my break...but said manager never showed up, so by the time one of my coworkers got back from her break, I went to take mine.

Phase 4: Eat It
With only a 15-minute break, I went down to McDonald's (At the front of the store) to get something cheap and quick to eat; since I was starving. Unfortunately for me, everyone capable of running the registers were away for unknown reasons, including managers; leaving a single cook whom didn't know how to use the register by themselves. I honestly didn't have time to wait, so I decided to walk to the back of the store to get some chicken from the deli instead.

They had the chicken I love so very much (General Tso's Chicken)...but unfortunately, I wasn't able to have it; there was only one employee over there, and she was tied up with a large order for another customer (Lots and lots of freshly-sliced turkey). So, I grab a premade chicken wrap and a bottle of Coke, walk back to the front of the store, check out, walk to the break room at the back of the store, quickly eat, and then quickly return to my department; having this gut feeling I was running late.

Phase 5: Foil
Things seemed relaxed now; it has begun to calm down in our department, as I help with stocking the shelves with both new items and stuff retrieved from the returns bucket (Which, apparently a particular iPod sync cable shows in our system to go to the Hardware department; which was one of the strangest things I've seen to date). Everything was good...until I ran into this one really creepy customer; whom was very much a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist (Of the likes that Weird Al mentioned in his new song, Foil.

He was looking at SD Cards for his phone (A phone that can't use an SD card, for the record), when he began to ask weird questions like if an SD card would prevent someone from getting into his phone unauthorized or hold a dump of everything done on a phone (Call list, text messages, and such), and if there's a way to setup a phone to dump data like that or use it to lock her out. He then began to rattle on about his wife or ex-wife apparently cheating on him, she's somehow locking him out of his phones as soon as he gets them, apparently she ran over his leg with a truck, and whatnot; I'm just standing there thinking to myself why is he spilling out all of this information to just some random Wal-Mart employee instead of a lawyer.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he checked out and left; which I was so thankful for. The rest of the night went decently, aside from me being so tired that I was about to collapse. Thankfully, the nightshift guy told me I could go home once I finished reorganizing the $8 BluRay bin; which I was nearly finished with when he told me that.

I got home, drank lots of water, talked with Bella for a while, and then went to bed; sleeping nicely.

Chocofreak13

i'm glad things are smoothing out a little. as creepy as that guy was, at least you can laugh about it now, right?
click to make it bigger