Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Nice :3

Driving is weird at first, but you'll adjust. It's also weird when you change between vehicles; as generally the handling and performance will vary

Chocofreak13

my mum's steering column is like steering through pudding. and her gas pedal is creaky, like you can push down a full inch and a half before the car starts to go. on the upside, it handles pretty well and i like that it's less sensitive than my grandpa's car. i drove here on a wet road and didn't notice at all.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds like the Ramcharger, although the steering works quite well; the wheel is loose, so you can maneuver it easily.

As for the Spirit, it handles great; the steering is tight but responsive, and it gets up and goes much like the Omni before it -w-

Chocofreak13

mum's likely needs power steering fluid. as for the gas, that's likely just age. >>;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I actually learned to drive in a small, peppy SUV...

Then I got my tank.

Handling. So. Different.

Nichi

@Kari: If it was power steering, it'd sound like the motor of a Power Wheels Jeep when you turn. Trust me; the Dart had a power steering leak ^^;

Chocofreak13

i have no point of reference for that, so i couldn't tell you. it probably does sound like that and i just don't know it.

@kriz: "small" SUV, i'll believe that when i see it. -w-

though i get your point. the car i learned on is a new little sedan (10' or so), and i drove my sister's car (96' buick le sabre) to a funeral 2 months ago or so. it was like night and day. .__.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. If I was there, I could identify it quickly

Also, I learned on my mom's car (2008 Avenger)...and my first daily driver was, of course, a 1974 Dart. Worlds apart there ^^;

Bella

I have to stop going to Concord because every time I'm there i spend money. >:C

Dr. Kraus

Learned to drive in a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport (3.2L V6, in a VAN) with its terrible acceleration and steering.

Now I drive a 2013 Ford Focus and god damn do I love that little car.

Every corner at speed you can feel the weight shift evenly, the grip is stupendous, the acceleration out of first and through second is perfect.

Now that I've put 1700 miles into the car, it runs better it did the day I took it out of the dealership due to having broken in from its 300 miles start.

Bella

I also got to play with some MacBooks today.

CURSE MY INSATIABLE MACLUST. ヽ(´;д;`)ノ

Chocofreak13

the first car i ever drove was a mercedes and i am proud of that. -w-

@bells: *whacks hand with spoon*
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Get an HP laptop. HP bought out Compaq, who bought out DEC, so it's a technical DEC laptop -w-;

Krizonar

Simonorged

Simon was here :P