Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

well, i figured i needed something better than "my grandmother died today. news at 11." -w-;

i went out to look at the flying rocks but the sky looked like a tye-dye tshirt with all the clouds so i couldn't see anything >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

So I'm taking my driving test this week. Theory on thursday, and driving on friday 200 kilometers north of here (the villa) because lol sweden.

Today's revelation: Not having cruise control sucks. HAVING cruise control but not being allowed to use it is fucking DISTURBINGLY annoying.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

I honestly don't care much for cruise control. Mostly because it either it burns through fuel super quick (Dad's van), or it doesn't always work right (Ramcharger) :\

Bella

@Nej: You don't have your license yet?

@Kari: It was partially-cloudy here, too. Thankfully the sky opened enough for me to watch for a little while.

@Pent: I know the feeling. I didn't have many friends with whom I was comfortable discussing my problems with back then, either.

@Genpop: Today while out shopping i saw an SUV with a sticker on its back window that read something along the lines of "My Beautiful Family" and below it was a row of white decals depicting various guns, about 15 of them, from small pistols, all the way up to larger and larger firearms - the last one in the row looked like the barrel of a Gatling gun. It made me happy because 1) those obnoxious "our family" stickers need to be mocked as much as possible and 2) Stew and I have joked that someday we'll do the same thing, a guy-sticker, a girl-sticker, and a row of computers (and maybe a dog).

Unrelated: That thing is happening where some of my body parts start freaking me the fuck out and causing me disturbing levels of anxiety but i won't go into details because I'm sure you don't wanna hear about it. -.-

Nichi

@Bella: Indeed. Those stickers are fun to make fun of xD
Also, IDK what's going on on the bit involving body parts, but still sounds bad :[
*hug*

stewartsage

Got books and did laundry today.  Not bad for waking up at two in the afternoon because your alarm didn't go off.

Krizonar

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 13, 2013, 03:18:01 PM
So I'm taking my driving test this week. Theory on thursday, and driving on friday 200 kilometers north of here (the villa) because lol sweden.

Good luck, I didn't take mine till my first year of college but have had my car since 7th grade.

@Pent: my cruise control is quite smart, I can usually only pull 0.1 or 0.2 mpg over it manually.

In other but related news, my car Lisa hit 150,000 miles yesterday taking me to the dentist, I'm going to take her to an ultimate manual wash station.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 13, 2013, 03:18:01 PM

Today's revelation: Not having cruise control sucks. HAVING cruise control but not being allowed to use it is fucking DISTURBINGLY annoying.

DUDE WE CAN BE DRIVING BROS
MY GRANDPA IS MAKING ME TAKE THE TEST NEXT MONDAY
GOOD LUCK BRO

@pent: the cruise control function is one much appriciated on cars here, especially with the long trips to canada and whatnot. typically it actually saves fuel since you're not constantly accelerating. -w-

@bells: you've made me curious, but since you don't want to talk about it, i won't pry. i just hope you have an outlet/someone to talk to the way i do when i freak out but can't talk to anyone. >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

@DRIVING: I'm a city man, wandering man, train man and bicycle man. We actually have public transit systems in this country, so we don't need to learn how to drive as soon as we can walk, lel. I started test driving at 17 or something, but I just never got around to taking my license. Life got in the way, and it wasn't a priority.

Our cruise control is pretty good, but I'm not allowed to use it because HURR NO LICENCE YOU NEED TO PRACTICE PEDALING.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

tbh i'm the same way, i took the driving class and passed the written part with flying colours around age 16-17, but never got my license till now since i never had a need for it. BUS AND SUBWAY FUCK YEAAAAAH
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I was the same way, didn't get my license till 18 cuz I had no need for it. I live out in the middle of nowhere on a hill, where am I supposed to drive to?

Nichi

@Kriz: Very nice. My (dad's) Ramcharger is currently up to 209k miles (Although, due to mechanical limitations, it displays as 9k)

@Driving: I got my license after I was 18; mostly because I intended on getting a holiday help job to get some work experience before getting my GED...but ended up with a part-time job at the hospital. With where I live, if you don't have a driver's license, you're basically fucked if you want to do anything; as there is no public transportation system here aside from a small bus service, but they require you to book a week in advance so they can adjust their route.

As for cruise control, when I can get it to work in the Ramcharger (Usually I have to press the button twice for it to kick in), it is quite nice. I just don't use it in dad's van; because the damn thing will burn through gas quicker than if you drive without it :\

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 14, 2013, 08:21:26 AM
@DRIVING: I'm a city man, wandering man, train man and bicycle man. We actually have public transit systems in this country, so we don't need to learn how to drive as soon as we can walk, lel. I started test driving at 17 or something, but I just never got around to taking my license. Life got in the way, and it wasn't a priority.

Our cruise control is pretty good, but I'm not allowed to use it because HURR NO LICENCE YOU NEED TO PRACTICE PEDALING.

I hate using cruse control because it takes the feeling of control and
POWER away

I can also peg the dial at 60 on the highway quite easily in my car even though my car continues to ask for more
POWER wanting to peg the dial at around 80 or 90Mph

I tend to go to the race track every now and then so I like the control :D

Q4(V)

*driver in a cardboard box, open flap*
get in no time to explain.
where we're going we don't need roads ....

my laptop dead *cries*
Getting a new one this week, it's a  Dell (Inspiron 17R N7110) and I shall name after name have someone from the forums so I can be abusive to it. *thinking about DL has a cold chill run down my spine* or super nice and caring >_>

@Chocofreak13: bad bad, no catching me like a pokemon. *Q4(V) knock pokeball away* you can't catch me with a normal pokeball :P

@Bella: *waves back* how are are you?

>_> you guys play LoL, notice a bad joke from Diana there <_<

*fly off in card board box leaving flaming tracks in the sky*

Nichi

That sucks :[

Hope your new laptop serves you well