Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

It's the same system...different game.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Pitkin

Chocofreak13

@bella: my idea was that everyone who was participating would submit a list of 5 gifts (under a set amount, $15-$20 bucks i think would be good) that they'd like to recieve. since idk what to get half you people either. (only reason i found the ones i did was cause i tripped over them.)

@pent: i'm sure we all have people like that. i threatened to buy my grandpa a fruit-of-the-month club subscription if he didn't tell us what he wanted for christmas. xD

EDIT: for nej~

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-4687

EDIT EDIT: beautiful and creepy at the same time. love it!
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-4859
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, grabbing blind bag MLP and Mario figurines at random, I ended up with Yoshi and a gold Applejack *w*
A nice hail, I must say

Chocofreak13

(currently posting from tanky) goow show, man, good show! -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, something amusing in my e-mail from Amazon. Apparently, since I purchased .hack//Outbreak, they say I might be interested in buying .hack//Outbreak

Nicely played -w-

Nichi

That is probably the stupidest thing I've heard all day. Hopefully, it doesn't pass, if it hasn't been shot down already

stewartsage

Amazon thinks I might want "EA James's Music of 50 Shades of Grey"

Did I ever post that EU comic about a "modern Europe" that could've given Nazi Germany a run for it's money?

Chocofreak13

suddenly, red/blue, backwoods, non-kinder-egg-having america doesn't seem that bad. :\
but yeah, there's no way that'll pass. it reminds me of that manga 'ban' they passed like, 2 years back, that most artists ignored.

i had such a great day today! first, class went rather slowly, but i got there on time and without event, and the teacher even praised some of my work! ^^
then i met mel in front of the subway station. we got down to the platform, and who was there but victoria and ashley. i saw victoria in class but i hadn't seen ashley in months so i ran up and hugged and talked. ^^
we got to mel's school without event, and it's in a really nice area! i got off the train and instantly smelled chicken soup! i didn't get to eat my lunch before attending melissa's class, but the class itself was quite nice. the teacher didn't mind my being there, and i even participated a bit. plus, mel bought me some goldfish, and ended up finding a dollar coin in the change slot, so in effect we got the goldfish for free. she also checked out this awesome tablet pen for me for use with the computers there, whose monitors are BASICALLY WACOMS ON STEROIDS. i got to draw directly on the screen, so fun. >w<
after her class, i had to pack up kinda quick so i didn't get to finish much of my second drawing. ;^; but me, her, and her roommate/friend (and my friend too now~) sarah split my lunch and chatted. afterwards we went to the basement (where we got the goldfish) and got me a root beer (FINALLY! A PLACE THAT SELLS BARQ'S!).
on the train, we eventually made it to arlington, where we dismounted and went into the public gardens, which i had never been in before. it was stunning, breathtaking really. willow trees everywhere, rolling greens, and a pond big enough to boat on (and people do during the summer!). soon, sarah and mel were at the water's edge, throwing stale pretzels to the birds, causing DUCKMAGEDDON. i look away, and suddenly there are like, 30 ducks in front of us. then the swans came. and the ducks parted (either out of respect or fear; i pictured 'Ride of the Valkyries' playing). and the sparrows flew in. and people were laughing and taking photos, and i took photos and video. so many ducks. >>;
once DUCKMAGEDDON was over with, we searched for what we came there for: a good tree. mind you, all of the trees were good. but we needed one with the right light that didn't have any people around it. eventually we found one (i think it was an elm or ash?) towards the front of the park that was perfect for what we were doing. and i got to attack a tree. so i punched a tree today.
after that, we walked through the park, and found a large, circular planter filled with roses. in the background, a spanish man was singing and playing the guitar. it felt like something out of a movie. after a moment, we walked across the street and through another park, till we found park street station. but before we went in, we took some photos of some rather lol-worthy statues, all of which looked like they were taking giant dumps. xD went into the station, and the entrance didn't have any pay stations, so i couldn't fill my charlie card. mel tried to let me through with her student pass, but it wouldn't go through. i was just about to hand them my charlie card when this nice young (black) man handed me his card. ;v; sadly, the terminal i used it on seemed broken, so it didn't go through. i handed it back, and another guy hands me his card! i used the other terminal this time and got through. sometimes, people are just so nice. ;v;
i said goodbye to melissa and sarah (with promises of IMs and Facebooks) and headed for the red line. one sweaty ride later (where a guy let me have a free seat, so nice!), i was at the station, and running, and huffing, and puffing. and i was on the bus, and unloading, and cracking a soda and calling mum. and chilling out. felt so much better to sit and relax. we got going, and when the bus driver saw the horrendous midtown traffic, he took an unorthodox route, starting southbound, ending up at the airport, looping around. i had never seen some of the parts of the city before, so it was really eye-opening. i took some pictures when i could, and when we got onto the main highway i took even more. the sunset made everything look so interesting. ^^
despite the traffic at the start, and a teeny slowish patch around exit 44, everything went well with me arriving there and getting picked up by mum, and sat down for a small dinner with the family at my grandparents' house. the potato and corn were good, but i wasn't sure what to think of the meat portion. overall though, it was good, and i got driven home by grampy afterward. when i came in, i ordered a pizza (mum had given me money, not enough, but 97% of it), and found that my dad had interfered in my room (turned off my power strip, closed my window, unplugged my heating pad). despite this, i was determined to have a good night to follow up the day, so i ate some pizza, drank some soda (ordered a coke with the pizza, but i'm saving it), and wrote all this. -w-

TL;DR - STELLAR/KICKASS/GREAT/FUKKIN' SWEET DAY! punched a tree. want to have tea after class with friends sometimes. my dad's a douchebag.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds nice ^_^

Aside from issues involving 2k's mouse dying (Now using Asagi's portable mouse with her; not exactly the best setup) and some issues loading a video, today went fairly well here. I now actually have a copy of the original Diablo, and was playing it earlier on Sonata (Although, I learned that playing it with a touchpad on a laptop sucks. I think I'll use my trackball next time)

Chocofreak13

i'm not gonna let pierre get the best of me. he's being a bitchy crybaby control freak, but i won't let him get the best of me.

glad to hear you had a good day, dude. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Thanks ^_^

I went to bed early last night, and yet, it feels like I barely got any sleep at all. I hate it when that happens :\

EDIT: Also, my sister is really irritating me this morning. She said she'd pick me up at 9AM to go to some garage sales...but she didn't get up until a little after 9. Then she said she'd drop her husband off at work, and come pick me up...and then they decided to instead go visit a friend on their way, further delaying things to the point that it would have been better for me to drive myself around today

Chocofreak13

if you had the gas, you should have left after the first problem. it's you that wanted to go, after all, and if she can't be there without distraction then she shouldn't get to go. :\

if it's any consolation, i can relate to your annoyance and tired feeling. i woke up, and came across my sister and dad in the living room. they were discussing weaning the kittens (which we were supposed to really start 2 weeks ago, oops), and he comes up with this idea for this contraption involving wire fencing and the kitchen table to section the kittens off from ghost. and the whole thing just makes me tired just thinking or even talking about it. so i woke up 2 hours ago, and i feel like i should go back to bed. ><;;

(i mean, we have other options. we could get a box, for christ's sake.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Your dad could really benefit from these words of wisdom from my great grandmother, when she was still around:
"Keep it simple, stupid"