os tans anime: good or bad?

good! <3
24 (85.7%)
bad >_<
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: September 21, 2008, 04:32:04 PM

Aurora Borealis

That's been going on here for 2.5 years now but I am delighted that other members are interested in obscure and/or vintage OS-tans!

The current list can be seen here:

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/View_All

Red-Machine

I especially like the Commodore-tans.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Cockleshell

Kazaa-tan doesn't have a picture... @_@

I wonder what she would look like. Probably TENTACLES because Kazaa is really notorious for COMPLETELY DESTROYING COMPUTERS MAN.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

oh yeah, i still need to finish that design. and that other design. i'll work later.

i had a thought earlier, cockleshell, are you on vacation right now?

hmm, everyone here's older than i am. just like everywhere else.

i had another thought, but it's OT, awkward, and hard to introduce into conversation.
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Uhm, why would I be on vacation?

Also, do post!
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Red-Machine

Are you sure, Chocofreak?  I'm only 19.

Chocofreak13

GOD DAMN! i AM the youngest one here. @__@;

everyone is always like, "why do you like nejin? he's horrible!" but that's just it: there's tons of people like that here! and they're my friends!
it's like one of those classic anime scenes: the little schoolgirl always dreams of the older guy. (think card captor sakura, except a bit older.)

and seriously, i AM the youngest one here. whoop-de-fricken-do. >_<;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Wow, we have gone a long way since last night... O_O

but that doesn't BTW nee to stop us from using stop-motion...that's just a way to ease the animation process...
Also, i feel old... ;063 in computer terms, i'm ancient... (23)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Red-Machine

I have ideas for storylines, and I'd be willing to do some voices.

Smokey

Go right ahead, if you post them they will come... ^_^

maybe Aurora can use the ideas in her comic...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

Okay, sticking with the idea of world domination here.  Now that Commodore is back (with high-spec gaming machines, if anyone's interested) the story could perhaps go that they start overtaking the Windows-tans in popularity.  Our beloved 2k-tan then goes to the original Commodore-tans asking for help.  But the Commodore-tans don't know what to do; they long to return to their former glory, but they have disowned the new guys because they are not true Commodores.

The end would be good (as we all know it will be), as the Commodore-tans see reason and decide to help the Windows-tans.  Thus the new Commodores are defeated and the natural balance restored.

Any thoughts?

Aurora Borealis

That's right! Commodore was resurrected but too bad they're not the same and their modern stuff just doesn't compare to their original stuff :(

That story idea sounds pretty good but according to the OS-tan backstories, there are some problems with that:

1. The Commodore-tans do not all live together. PET-tan, C64-tan and Amiga-tan live with the vintage OS-tans but the others are wanderers that could live anywhere! Getting them all together wouldn't be easy! (But in a near-future storyline they all do finally reunite)

2. They do not have a lot of resources at their disposal. However it could be possible that the Windows-tans cut a deal with the Commodore-tans to give them enough resources.

Red-Machine

Lol, or the Commodore-tans could just call for the support of their legions of fans.  I'm sure that alone would put the fear of god into the new Commodores.

Smokey

Dont forget that in the era of the old commodore tans, programming was very resourceful and clever to get the max out of the little power the hardware then provided...

I could think that the old commodore tans could do incredible things with little resources (guerilla warfare ^_^), couple that with the resources Win tans could make available to them, they can be a powerful force if they were to unite...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

God, I'd hate to be on the wrong side of that war...