Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

This faggot seems to be at it again...

Rangeban request on this one, doesn't seem to be doing much good otherwise.

If possible, could we raise the anti-bot measures on the account creation/activation process?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

*sigh* Repeat offenders... T_T

Deleted the spam.

NejinOniwa

GJ. Is it possible to erase such acc's entirely, btw? That would make things like the user pruning drive before mostly unnecessary, too.

IanDanKilmaster

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

We seem to be needing to erase that account somehow. Repeat offender x3, no good!
THIS is when we'd need that extra mod -w-;

IanDanKilmaster

From what I understand, mods here don't actually wield a banhammer, they can only lock and delete threads, right?  IIRC, Tsubashi-dono was the one doing bans before, so it seems to be an admin privilege.  In which case, adding another mod wouldn't help.

NejinOniwa

I knew about that, I was more talking about getting rid of the spam itself quicker...mods without banhammers, though, is a bit humoristic.

It's like a shark with jaw protectors getting in way of its teeth. -w-

Aurora Borealis

In all fairness, there are some forums where there are different mod ranks, and the lowest of which can't ban members. :-/

Deleted the spam. AGAIN. Stupid repeat offenders!

NejinOniwa

Which brings me back to my question: Is it possible to delete the account itself? At the very least it'd make the repeat process a bit more tedious, and possibly avert the pattern...
http://ostan-collections.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3215
Maybe we should do for a big user pruning rally again...

Added after 12 hours 30 minutes:

And WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT? This faggot is AT IT AGAIN.
http://ostan-collections.net/topic-1121.html

Red-Machine

Yup, I just saw it.  This guy/bot really doesn't know when to quit...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

OH FOR
http://ostan-collections.net/topic-1122.html

Added after 4 minutes:

isn't there any sort of filter function we can add in to disable him? Like, the word "rocketpub" is not allowed to be posted and will automatically fail?

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

has question, that i figure would only fall here:

who was hyp1876? (his/her name was something like that.) why was s/he banned? i've seen a couple comments on gallery pics with that user, but they were deleted cause user was banned. :\
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well, IIRC that user registered just a day or two ago, and given that the username included "@gmail.com", you can probably count on the fact that it was a spammer.

Obviously, Aurora would know better than I, as she was most likely the one that did the deleting.

Red-Machine

Can't be hyp1876.  I've been seeing his/her gallery posts since I joined up back in february.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!