Some random sketches

Started by iDarbert, March 17, 2008, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

Well, by "lack of" I mean that if you go into the japanese OS-tan boards you hardly ever see any iPod/Mac-tans, there even isn't major consistence between designs.
It seemed to have gotten better when Tiger came out and a lot of Tiger artwork came out but with Leopard it almost looks like it's back to square 1, and there are two or three common designs instead of one.

But after it's just  the necessary cicle every new -tan has to get through before a "common" design surfaces.
It's just there isn't as many new pictures like when Tiger came out, instead we seem to get more Sonata from time to time.

Bella

QuoteWell, by "lack of" I mean that if you go into the japanese OS-tan boards you hardly ever see any iPod/Mac-tans, there even isn't major consistence between designs.

I see...

QuoteIt seemed to have gotten better when Tiger came out and a lot of Tiger artwork came out but with Leopard it almost looks like it's back to square 1, and there are two or three common designs instead of one.

Well...around here we have compensated for that by saying that the three different designs...are in fact just Leopard-tan at different ages (the blue-haired girl in her past self, the green haired version is her current self, and the pink haired girl is her future self).

We also speculate she's able to time-travel (because of Leopard's Time Machine feature), and this leads to some odd paradoxes between her three selfs at different times O__o

QuoteBut after it's just the necessary cicle every new -tan has to get through before a "common" design surfaces.
It's just there isn't as many new pictures like when Tiger came out, instead we seem to get more Sonata from time to time.

Yes, most designs out there are of the classics ;)

iDarbert

Not sure about time travels, I think they are just different designs, like all the different Vistas that came out until they ultimately settle down with the two main designs.

I'm more keen on the pink haired one by the way, that's the one I keep using now.

EDIT: Also, moar

NejinOniwa

IS THAT SUM BOMBERMAN? .W.
YOU HAVE MY INTEREST SIR!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

NejinOniwa

Lulz were had. -w-

Btw, why aren't you fixing them up a bit? They're good sketches, but  then again they're just that - sketches. Inking them or CG-editing would do some good work, don'tcha think?

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Lulz were had. -w-

Btw, why aren't you fixing them up a bit? They're good sketches, but  then again they're just that - sketches. Inking them or CG-editing would do some good work, don'tcha think?
I can't, I'm horrible at that and even if I wanted to give it a try I couldn't since I don't have the right tools here.

NejinOniwa

Hey, it's not that hard. First time I did I just started experimenting with the Gimp, and it didn't end that bad.

iDarbert

I feel more comfortable with Corel Painter right now, I don't really have time to fuss with CG-ing just to end up with a sub-par result.

Bella

QuoteNot sure about time travels, I think they are just different designs, like all the different Vistas that came out until they ultimately settle down with the two main designs.

I'm more keen on the pink haired one by the way, that's the one I keep using now.

Oh well, to each their own ;)

QuoteEDIT: Also, moar

Oooh, OS X-tan is looking good! And iPhone-tan is cute and funny in this picture :3

And the comic is awesome! Not only are Tiger-tan and Leopard-tan fighting hilarious, but OS X-tan, Mac OS 9-tan and Leopard-kun great, too.

I see you bring up a possible rivalry between Tiger-tan and Leopard-tan...interesting...(don't mind me, I love OS-tan family drama :P )

Like I said before, you're really good with proportions and expressions!

QuoteI feel more comfortable with Corel Painter right now, I don't really have time to fuss with CG-ing just to end up with a sub-par result.

So, have you colored any of your works yet? Or are you mostly a hand-sketcher?

iDarbert

Quote from: "Bella"I see you bring up a possible rivalry between Tiger-tan and Leopard-tan...interesting...(don't mind me, I love OS-tan family drama :P
It's a temporary phase, when a new Apple Operating System comes out the new one and the current always end up fighting, as soon as the other one takes the lead the rivalry usually disappears.
Though Tiger and Leopard show the fiercest rivalry compared to their sisters, much to the family's amusement.

But deeply inside they care to each other.

QuoteSo, have you colored any of your works yet? Or are you mostly a hand-sketcher?
I'm mostly a hand sketcher, I love the feeling a sketch gives but secretely I crave to be able to do kickass CG coloring or just color.
Lately I've been slowly trying to do something in color and I've been getting better lately, though usually I start using Corel Painter from scratch rather than doing the first sketch by hand.

Also, more iPhone-tan

I don't really like how this one came out though, looks weird.

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "iDarbert"
It's a temporary phase, when a new Apple Operating System comes out the new one and the current always end up fighting, as soon as the other one takes the lead the rivalry usually disappears.
Though Tiger and Leopard show the fiercest rivalry compared to their sisters, much to the family's amusement.

But deeply inside they care to each other.

That sounds good and I certainly see how that applies to the OSX-tans. I think such pattern of rivalries would more or less apply to the Classic Mac-tans as well (although with a few notable exceptions):

System 1-tan was very happy about the arrival of System 2-tan (happy to have a daughter or younger sister- not completely decided if System 1-tan is the mother figure of the Classic Mac OSes or the oldest sister, but she was happy to start a family on her own) but both were outraged when System 3-tan came along (introduced the HFS system which has gotten a lot of praise, was also introduced with the highly revered Mac Plus) for being so much more popular. System 1-tan was outraged with System 4-tan at first for dropping support of the original Macintosh and the 512 (the two Macs that run System 1) but got over that when realizing that obviously later Mac-tans will not support the first 2 Macintosh computers either.

And then the Sytem 1,2,3 and 4-tans were jealous of System 4.2-tan/System 5-tan for being much taller than them as well as acquiring the ability to multitask, support color(?) (I'm actually not sure whether it was System 4.2 or 6 that introduced labels and color support! I've checked many Mac history sites and they are pretty inconsistent about that. I hope I guessed right!) And once again I'm not completely sure but wasn't System 4.2 avaliable for only a very limited time? But either way, she would not have gotten along with System 6-tan at all at first (I do not know what System 6 introduced but I do know it was regarded as extremely fast and stable, was the first Mac OS to be around for a few years before a brand new release, is one of the most revered Classic Mac OSes and has quite a userbase that remains to this day)

And then by the time System 7-tan came along, all previous Mac-tan conflicts have been reconciled... Uhh... To be continued x__x

---

Nice! iPhone-tan looks very cute! I don't really see anything weird about it.

Toki

I love pen drawing!! Isn't it fun?! Ball point pens are probably my very favorite doodling materials!! ^___^

Added after 35 seconds:

Oops sorry for big image... T____T * punches self in the face *
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Aurora Borealis

Don't worry about big images in this section of the forum since all threads in this section are by default designated as image threads (threads where there are not resolution constraints. In non-image threads, the maximum is 640x480).

Anyways.. Wow! Both of you are excellent at pen drawings! I, on the other hand cannot draw using pens :(

Toki

I can't use ink pens... I'm really bad at inking... but whatever the sort of ink is in ball point pens is really easy going! Plus, it gives a sense of finish that you can't get with pencil sketches. You can take a ball point pen sketch directly into corel and it's good for quick coloring...

I just love drawing *-* Kyaa...
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!