Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I think that explains it perfectly! Well said, guyveroz!

**update** Got started on posting the bios on the first post.

guyveroz

Yay consolidated bios... no Mac-kun bios? and still no B-W-H T.T

Aurora Borealis

I knew I was forgetting something x__x

But I didn't get to the B-W-H because I don't have any idea for realistic measurements and I'm not familiar with them at all :(

Here's panel 5!

Mac System 1-tan tries to break open some eggs, but in a way I seriously would not recommend! But being the prankster and trouble maker she is, Mac System 5-tan is hoping that System 1-tan drops the hammer on those eggs! The two girls with the blindfolds almost have the right idea. Personally I would have gone with using ear plugs!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bella

QuoteThank you Bella-hime. ^___^
But I am surprised, considering I came up with the entire sappy Lisa-chan/Apple I-sama arc. When you really look at it, the Macs are just skilled-coverers-of-much-sap. ^__^;

True, but that was an earlier time. The father back you go, the more sap there is for the taking. Even thought the 1990s there was a lot of drama (with the OS wars and such)-- though things seem to have leveled off now.

QuoteAh! Where have you been all our lives, Guy-san? [I'll call you "Fawkes-san" for now] ^___^

I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years -- when it comes to projects like these, more heads are better. ^.^

If I hadn't seen V for Vendetta, I probably would have taken that as a Harry Potter reference, too. XD

QuoteOMG,... that crappy "Fifth Elements" movie was prophetic. The day eventually came that "Green" has become part of the common vernacular. @.@

Le sigh... Excuse me for a sec.... ^^;

*throws self in vat of frying oil*

Oh gawd...I remember seeing The Fifth Element when I was, like, ten or something. @__@

QuoteI've used everything from Jaguar to Leopard myself, but only intermittently. I never owned a Macintosh myself, having evolved into a fairly hardcore Linux user/Lover-of-Lowcost-Netbooks.

Still, depending on how my programming goes, I was thinking of picking a small Mac up just so I ca have a decent development platform.

Wouldn't want to deprive my good friend Aurora-hime from some .DMG files. ^__^

Depending on how my space problems go, I might pick up a VAX so I can have a decent, reliable personal computer!

QuoteTsk tsk tsk... Overconfidence at its worst. I know of such overconfidence firsthand. In one of my class subjects for some years, I was one of the best in my class (and not just because there were so many incompetent people in it) and I developed a superiority complex but last year when I decided to go honors, I ended up as one of the worst in the class and lost all of my confidence because of the very different rules and policies

Oh man...I'm usually a bundle of nervousness in this sense. As soon as I realize I'm ahead in something, I start to panic, 'cause I don't want to fall behind and look like a moron.

QuoteThat is so sad! Shows that the Mac House divided against itself cannot stand! (I'm going to use that quote later in the story!  )

A little baffling is that why didn't the Classic Mac-tans all just move to the Binteeji Renmei but rather live cold lives as wanderers? Maybe it was because they were forced to retire, were unprepared and unwilling (but would have moved to the Binteeji Renmei when finally prepared and willing)?

Very well put. I always thought of the Macs as being a great deal closer and friendlier with each other than, say, the Windows-tans or even some of the Linux-tans. No wonder they would run into trouble as soon as they start to turn against each other.

Somehow I think a lot of OS-tans would avoid joining the Binteeji Renmei because (in their minds) it carries the stigma of being old or useless. They probably wouldn't realize that in many ways it's the opposite...but as a wanderer, they can still feel, in some way, that they're "useful".

QuoteI like the sap, and lots of it! Oddly enough, I was not interested in a whole bunch of sap until Bella came along with sappy stories and her love for them!

Thank you very much Aurora-sama! I'm so happy you like all my sappy, soapy, tear-jerking tales. Though, some of the first dramatic stories that got me thinking up my own involved System 7-tan and OS/2-tan. So I really have to thank you and C-Chan. I don't think I realized how much I liked them until I came here. ^^

QuoteOMG! She really does look a lot like Shana! Must draw Shana parody! Although I have also wanted to draw a "Kill Bill" parody too.

Haha! I think one of my first drawings was a semi-inadvertent Kill Bill parody XD

Quote3 more bios: BTW, any ideas for nicknames for Mac System 1-tan and System 3-tan?

System 1-tan...uhm...Hammertime? MC Mac? Feist? As for System 3-tan...I have no idea...^^

QuoteMacintosh System 1-tan
also known as: ?
height: 125 cm [4'1"]
hair color: black
eye color: silver
Gets along best with: Apple II-tan, Mac System 2-tan, OSX Server-tan, OSX Jaguar-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Red nano-tan

Macintosh System 1-tan is feisty, charismatic and straightforward with leadership skills but is limited in memory and has a one-track mind. She carries a large hammer as a her weapon of choice and she speaks almost entirely in Newspeak. Although the mother of the Classic Mac-tans, she is more like a sister to them (with Apple II-tan being their 'mother figure' still to this day). She sees the conflict against perversion in the Mac House and taking action against the perverts as an opportunity for redemption because she has done a lot of things in the past she is not very proud of.

Macintosh System 2-tan
also known as: Ahiru-chan, The Quacker
height: 127 cm [4'2"]
hair color: black
Gets along best with: Mac System 1-tan, Mac System 4-tan, OSX Panther-tan, OSX Leopard-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Green nano-tan

Macintosh System 2-tan is a self-proclaimed professor, major in the Newspeak and Duckspeak language arts. She is very observant, witty, intelligent, conservative-minded and usually calm but prone to outbursts of insanity and she is known as Ahiru-chan or The Quacker because of the duck puppet she carries around and uses for her lectures. Being so caught up in her work, she barely noticed the perversion in the Mac House but she disapproves of both sides of the perversion conflict and believes it is corrupting.

She is a misunderstood genius, with few believing what she says, but one day she may get the last laugh.

Macintosh System 3-tan
also known as: ?
height: 129 cm [4'3"]
hair color: black w/multicolor streaks
Gets along best with: Mac System 4-tan, Mac OS 8-tan, Mac OS 9-tan, OSX Tiger-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Pink nano-tan

Macintosh System 3-tan is very cheerful and outgoing inventor girl who loves knitting, shopping and making simple gadgets. She gets along very well with all of her relatives and is very fond of Mac OS 9-kun in a platonic way. She is more efficient at tasks than Mac System 1-tan and Mac System 2-tan but is somewhat klutzy, cannot multitask, has a huge fear of bugs and is the least stable Mac-tan.

Yay, some more fine Mac profiles! Thank you for posting these, it's helping me catch up on my Mac-tan trivia :3

And panel 5 is looking mighty funny. Though I wouldn't want to be the one to have to clean up the mess that System 1-tan makes...no wonder Pu-chan feels so overworked ^_~

Gleeful 5-tan is cute, I just can't get over her purple + gray eyes. Panicking 8-tan is golden, and even with the blindfolds I can tell 6 and 4-tan are, like, "no...no...not THIS...again!"

C-Chan

QuotePu-chan may be braver than we thought!

Not really -- but seeing her angry has much "Moe" potential.  ^.^

QuoteI'll include it. By the time these moments happen in the comic, all the Classic Mac-tans would be at the Binteeji Renmei. Would ][-chan talk about her own personal experiences with retirement and choosing to retire?

It is true that ][-chan was slowly displaced by the Mac-tans, to the point there literally was nothing left for her to do while at home.  But her personality was definitely not one to give up so easily -- she was after all a great storyteller and could've stuck around to entertain new generations of Mac-tans.

The real deciding factor for her retirement was Lisa-chan -- she never really lived as much of a family with Lisa-chan and she wanted to make up for all the years she neglected her.  And having lived pretty much in the shadows of the Mac-tans, it was not a hard decision for her to move away.

I figure that's one way she convinces the Classic-tans to go back -- unlike her, THEY have always lived as a strong family unit, and have too much to lose if they don't get it back together.  Not when the reason for their departure is pretty much comical (in her opinion), and easy to fix with a little communication (or at worst, in her opinion, "a good whoopin"... j/k, j/k).  ^___^

QuoteAha! Even when getting thrashed by those certain Mac-tans who aggressively hate perversion plus the one who just likes to mess with them [that is Cheetah-tan, btw], deep down the OSX-kuns do care for all their relatives including them and vice-versa!

Either that or they'd have no one to swoon over and whatnot

I would venture to guess it's a little bit of both.  ^_____________^

Incidentally, when I say they scowl vengefully at Leopard-chan, I'd imagine it'd be in that comical "diamond eye" glare you see in Anime.  They're hardly the serious type.  ^>^

QuoteSo, Mac System 7-tan still has her swordfighting abilities after all, and got to unleash some much-deserved PWNAGE against the overconfident little brat! As I said earlier... This is freaking AWESOME and SOOOO BAD***!! System 7-tan FTW!!

If you can, do try and watch any clip of Kanon 2006 featuring Mai (should be plenty on Youtube).  I tell you she'd be PERFECT for System 7-tan in her Emo-yet-still-a-competent-swordswoman state.  ^___^

QuoteTsk tsk tsk... Overconfidence at its worst. I know of such overconfidence firsthand. In one of my class subjects for some years, I was one of the best in my class (and not just because there were so many incompetent people in it) and I developed a superiority complex but last year when I decided to go honors, I ended up as one of the worst in the class and lost all of my confidence because of the very different rules and policies

Still strikes me that both you and Bella admitted to suffering from some form of "overconfidence" when you were both younger.  I'm the polar opposite and still suffered myself. 

Guess it always barrels down to avoiding extremes.  -v-

QuoteOoh! A very sassy System 7-tan! 

...And b****y! HA!

That's the beauty of it.  The most unnerving thing to Leopard-chan is that System 7-tan is not scolding her at all in any of these instances.  The monotonous, emotionless, disinterested voice of System 7-tan confuses and catches the young girl off-guard, causing her own natural defensiveness to be used against her.

Kind of like an internet troll who gets ignored completely and is literally starved to death, making a complete ass of himself from start to finish.  ^^

QuoteAha! This is where Leopard-tan begins to see the error of her ways and understands what she has done to her Classic sisters!

...And there is the wise, compassionate side of System 7-tan's personality!

She is right, and what she says does also apply to the Mac Family. Some are more or less capable than the others but all of them have qualities that make each one special!

System 7-tan is a pragmatic girl.  She knows that if she doesn't understand that she's in the wrong, then everyone would be better served talking to a wall.  ^.^

QuoteA little baffling is that why didn't the Classic Mac-tans all just move to the Binteeji Renmei but rather live cold lives as wanderers? Maybe it was because they were forced to retire, were unprepared and unwilling (but would have moved to the Binteeji Renmei when finally prepared and willing)?

Likes Fawkes-san touched on, had it not been for ][-chan's persuasion, they likely wouldn't have thought themselves ready to retire.  They love the Vintage Girls [no offense], but they surely would have thought it was better to not give up yet and find a place somewhere.  Their current stay at the Binteji Renmei was really just meant to be a place to spend the night, since they left in such a hurry and had nowhere to go (and not enough money for a few hotel rooms).

QuoteSystem 7-tan has had several years to think over all the mistakes she made in the past and out of force of habit, she still does some sword fighting. While the chance for revenge is still slim, she is much stronger and wiser than she ever was and maybe she doesn't need revenge!

Yes, agree entirely on this.  ^___^

The sword fighting may be kind of a force of habit, but it really should be treated more as self-discipline.  When she was the gangster type, I'm sure she had her skill, but never really treated her sword as an extension of herself but rather just as a nasty weapon she chopped stuff with.  So in eventually gaining mastery and respect for a real Sword Art, she starts building a more genuine sense of self-confidence.

QuoteYAY more bios.... okay at the risk of sounding n00bsh I have to ask... Who is ][-tan?
[EDIT]Nevermind got it x3

I take it someone's gonna need to see... the OTHER comic... ^>^

QuoteMac System 1-tan tries to break open some eggs, but in a way I seriously would not recommend! But being the prankster and trouble maker she is, Mac System 5-tan is hoping that System 1-tan drops the hammer on those eggs! The two girls with the blindfolds almost have the right idea. Personally I would have gone with using ear plugs!

I vote riot shields instead.  ^___^

Cute panel, but then no surprises here eh?  ^v^

QuoteDepending on how my space problems go, I might pick up a VAX so I can have a decent, reliable personal computer!

Wow!  I swear you could fit about 200 Aspire Ones in that thing.  ^^;

QuoteVery well put. I always thought of the Macs as being a great deal closer and friendlier with each other than, say, the Windows-tans or even some of the Linux-tans. No wonder they would run into trouble as soon as they start to turn against each other.

Somehow I think a lot of OS-tans would avoid joining the Binteeji Renmei because (in their minds) it carries the stigma of being old or useless. They probably wouldn't realize that in many ways it's the opposite...but as a wanderer, they can still feel, in some way, that they're "useful".

Correct on all accounts.  ^__^

Kind of the feeling one gets in the prospect of living in one's own place alone -- you run a greater risk of poverty/debt/foreclosure, but BY GAWD you feel independent.  ;)

The Vintage-tans aren't oppressive by any means, but they recognize perfectly well that certain perceptions of freedom will always cast them in a negative light.

guyveroz

Quote from: C-Chan
QuoteYAY more bios.... okay at the risk of sounding n00bsh I have to ask... Who is ][-tan?
[EDIT]Nevermind got it x3

Gahhhh another comic to read and i just started ZS too T.T

QuoteMac System 1-tan tries to break open some eggs, but in a way I seriously would not recommend! But being the prankster and trouble maker she is, Mac System 5-tan is hoping that System 1-tan drops the hammer on those eggs! The two girls with the blindfolds almost have the right idea. Personally I would have gone with using ear plugs!

I vote riot shields instead.  ^___^

Cute panel, but then no surprises here eh?  ^v^
No one's voting for a bunker?

C-Chan

Tries one out for size....

...............okay, I'm sold.  Bunker it is.  ^^

Aurora Borealis

QuoteSonata-sama's cameo in this panel is the best I've seen of her -- adorable right down to the tip of her hair wisp.  ^.^
But agree -- micro-chibi System 6-tan beats them all in that department.  ^__^

Panel 4:  I could probably borrow 6-chan for a while.  I'd get a reliable alarm clock, a great bodyguard (although she talks too much), and +6 feet worth of fine fine Mac-tan.  ^_____^

*coos*
She is also great friends with A/UX-tan and can overlook your perversion (you're still under the influence of "Ichigo 100%", right?) because you have many redeeming qualities! Why, how else could she be such good friends with Cheetah-tan-- oh wait. It happens that Cheetah-tan's main redeeming quality IS the fact that she is more perverted than the OSX-kuns (and loves to mess with them!) and that makes her a valuable ally! XD

QuoteIt's kinda heavy, though.  ^^;
I was actually thinking instead if it really did fall on the ground but opened on impact, covering half of 3-chan in a cloud of flour.  ^___^

But judging from how long I've been away, methinks my suggestion is too little too late.... -.-
I like that idea and it is not too late for me to change the fourth panel to do that! (whoo-hoo for doing almost all of my work in Inkscape!)

QuoteA recent user actually. I started with Tiger-tan :P
Mac only opened there Apple Center here in the Phil a few years back
Before becoming a Mac user, what computers and OSes did you use before?

QuoteShe still has the goods, this girl.  ^__^
Is it seriously wrong that I was tempted to have a Mac Party or zerOSanity page guest-starring Mahoro, out fighting perversion? ^_^

QuoteTrue, but that was an earlier time. The father back you go, the more sap there is for the taking. Even thought the 1990s there was a lot of drama (with the OS wars and such)-- though things seem to have leveled off now.
Correct, but I had in mind an extremely sappy Mac comic that takes place in the near future!

QuoteIf I hadn't seen V for Vendetta, I probably would have taken that as a Harry Potter reference, too. XD
I didn't know who Guy Fawkes was until I saw the Wikipedia article. "V for Vendetta" came to mind when I first saw the name of Guy Fawkes on here! XD

QuoteOMG,... that crappy "Fifth Elements" movie was prophetic. The day eventually came that "Green" has become part of the common vernacular. @.@

That sounds awful! But I'm mostly concerned about "Idiocracy" or even "Soylent Green" becoming prophetic! :(

QuoteVery well put. I always thought of the Macs as being a great deal closer and friendlier with each other than, say, the Windows-tans or even some of the Linux-tans. No wonder they would run into trouble as soon as they start to turn against each other.
Indeed! The Macs and even the whole Apple Family when they were all together are (and are still) a very close-knit family where they all work together and get along well despite remaining conflicts and generation gaps. A/UX-tan, GS/OS-chan, Newton-tan, Apple ][-chan, and Lisa-san(?) still contact the Macs regularly and the Macs also visit them from time to time as well.

QuoteSomehow I think a lot of OS-tans would avoid joining the Binteeji Renmei because (in their minds) it carries the stigma of being old or useless. They probably wouldn't realize that in many ways it's the opposite...but as a wanderer, they can still feel, in some way, that they're "useful".
Yup! That is what puts off a lot of wanderers from joining, including Altair-tan who for many years would not join them despite the odds she was against as a wanderer.

But some of the wanders are by choice because that is what suits them best (such as DexOS-tan, who has many friends in many factions. I think that A/UX-tan would also fall under this latter category because although she was evicted from the Apple Family in 1996 and has been a wanderer since then, her life as a wanderer has given her a lot of freedom!)

QuoteThank you very much Aurora-sama! I'm so happy you like all my sappy, soapy, tear-jerking tales. Though, some of the first dramatic stories that got me thinking up my own involved System 7-tan and OS/2-tan. So I really have to thank you and C-Chan. I don't think I realized how much I liked them until I came here. ^^
I remember when you first joined, you thought you didn't have the time or focus to make a dramatic OS-tan comic, and I thought I didn't have the time or focus to make one either!

Any chance of starting that proposed story after finishing the whole Linux-sama story? ;012

Incidentally, the really sappy Mac comic I proposed in this post involves System 7-tan finally and completely overcoming her depression!

QuoteYay, some more fine Mac profiles! Thank you for posting these, it's helping me catch up on my Mac-tan trivia :3
I'll get at least one more up today!

QuoteAnd panel 5 is looking mighty funny. Though I wouldn't want to be the one to have to clean up the mess that System 1-tan makes...no wonder Pu-chan feels so overworked ^_~
At least at the moment that panel takes place, Pu-chan is still asleep! And I also do not want to be the one to clean that mess up either! Hopefully if System 1-tan ever does any egg-smashing, she has to be the one that cleans it up!

QuoteGleeful 5-tan is cute, I just can't get over her purple + gray eyes. Panicking 8-tan is golden, and even with the blindfolds I can tell 6 and 4-tan are, like, "no...no...not THIS...again!"
It is a strange and rather questionable strategy but by wearing blindfolds, they could claim to not be witnesses of any egg-smashing incidents and be exempt from cleaning it up! :D

QuoteNot really -- but seeing her angry has much "Moe" potential.  ^.^
And for a surprise because Pu-chan is hardly the angry type at all!

QuoteIt is true that ][-chan was slowly displaced by the Mac-tans, to the point there literally was nothing left for her to do while at home.  But her personality was definitely not one to give up so easily -- she was after all a great storyteller and could've stuck around to entertain new generations of Mac-tans.

The real deciding factor for her retirement was Lisa-chan -- she never really lived as much of a family with Lisa-chan and she wanted to make up for all the years she neglected her.  And having lived pretty much in the shadows of the Mac-tans, it was not a hard decision for her to move away.
It is sad that she left because she still could have been useful with her wisdom, storytelling and morale-boosting, but it is very sweet that she at least left for the reason of spending time with Lisa-san! Now I'm wondering how GS/OS-chan is involved with this...

I think she may have left at the same time as ][-chan and Lisa-san but I'm not sure why (aside from her loyalty to ][-chan) or if she left later (not wanting to deal with Amiga-sama who was one of her main rivals for some time).

QuoteI figure that's one way she convinces the Classic-tans to go back -- unlike her, THEY have always lived as a strong family unit, and have too much to lose if they don't get it back together. 
Are you referring to when the Apple Family was just ][-chan and Lisa-san and maybe System 1-tan or was ][-chan never really able to form a strong bond with her family because she was so busy?

But she is right. "A Mac House divided against itself cannot stand!"

QuoteNot when the reason for their departure is pretty much comical (in her opinion), and easy to fix with a little communication (or at worst, in her opinion, "a good whoopin"... j/k, j/k).  ^___^
*chuckles*

"You all left for what reason?! Hehehehe!"
"What's so funny?"
"Come on, it can easily be solved with a little communication! Or a good whoopin!"
"What was that second option?"
"Oh, nothing! ^_^"

Just some relevant dialogue made up on the spot :D

QuoteI would venture to guess it's a little bit of both.  ^_____________^

Incidentally, when I say they scowl vengefully at Leopard-chan, I'd imagine it'd be in that comical "diamond eye" glare you see in Anime.  They're hardly the serious type.  ^>^
That's what I imagined too!

QuoteIf you can, do try and watch any clip of Kanon 2006 featuring Mai (should be plenty on Youtube).  I tell you she'd be PERFECT for System 7-tan in her Emo-yet-still-a-competent-swordswoman state.  ^___^
Okay then!

QuoteStill strikes me that both you and Bella admitted to suffering from some form of "overconfidence" when you were both younger.  I'm the polar opposite and still suffered myself. 

Guess it always barrels down to avoiding extremes.  -v-
I once suffered from overconfidence and a superiority complex but even worse than that is that I know a sociopath with delusions of grandeur and have to deal with him on a daily basis at school ;014

QuoteThat's the beauty of it.  The most unnerving thing to Leopard-chan is that System 7-tan is not scolding her at all in any of these instances.  The monotonous, emotionless, disinterested voice of System 7-tan confuses and catches the young girl off-guard, causing her own natural defensiveness to be used against her.
Wow! That is very clever! Extra coolness points go to her for also knowing how to do some psychological torture! ;010

QuoteKind of like an internet troll who gets ignored completely and is literally starved to death, making a complete ass of himself from start to finish.  ^^
Oh yeah, I've dealt with those types too.

QuoteLikes Fawkes-san touched on, had it not been for ][-chan's persuasion, they likely wouldn't have thought themselves ready to retire.  They love the Vintage Girls [no offense], but they surely would have thought it was better to not give up yet and find a place somewhere.  Their current stay at the Binteji Renmei was really just meant to be a place to spend the night, since they left in such a hurry and had nowhere to go (and not enough money for a few hotel rooms).

][-chan taught the Mac-tans a lot and even long after she left, her ideals were still spread to the younger generations! Sadly, one of the things they learned turned out to be a liability in this case :(

I do agree that the Mac-tans are very friendly with the Vintage-tans and visit them from time to time! Which means such things as...

It is possible that GEM-tan forgave System 1-tan for what she did, and the two reconciled! :D

QuoteYes, agree entirely on this.  ^___^

The sword fighting may be kind of a force of habit, but it really should be treated more as self-discipline.  When she was the gangster type, I'm sure she had her skill, but never really treated her sword as an extension of herself but rather just as a nasty weapon she chopped stuff with.  So in eventually gaining mastery and respect for a real Sword Art, she starts building a more genuine sense of self-confidence.
Perfectly said! ;019

QuoteI take it someone's gonna need to see... the OTHER comic... ^>^

AAAUGH! I still need to finish that and start the second one! >_<

QuoteI vote riot shields instead.  ^___^
Riot sheilds... Even better!

I'm almost done with panels 6 + 7 and will start panel 8 today!

C-Chan

Yo Aurora-hime.

Posting real quick since I'm hard at work finishing something just... for... you.  Well okay, not quite JUST for you, but certainly THANKS to you....  ^^

In the meantime, since we were just talking about the Binteji Renmei, it had occurred to me that I never once vectorized their logo.  Even to this date, it remained forever trapped in PSD format.

Well trapped it is no longer.  ^___^

Hopefully the new SVG logo will be useful to you someday.  ^^
The original fonts are included in a separate layer, but the primary layer has the fonts as Paths rather than Objects to avoid the usual font incompatibility.

guyveroz

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
QuoteA recent user actually. I started with Tiger-tan :P
Mac only opened there Apple Center here in the Phil a few years back
Before becoming a Mac user, what computers and OSes did you use before?
Let's see I've been a Windows user since 95-tan I even have a copy of ME-tan (which I decided to keep around after getting into OS-tans), I used to use a little Red Hat in school. Now I'm and OSX-tan with XP-tan bootcamp and Ubuntu eee user.

That sounds awful! But I'm mostly concerned about "Idiocracy" or even "Soylent Green" becoming prophetic! :(
Or 1984 for that matter

Yay, some more fine Mac profiles! Thank you for posting these, it's helping me catch up on my Mac-tan trivia :3
I'll get at least one more up today!
YAy more Mac-tan profiles

And panel 5 is looking mighty funny. Though I wouldn't want to be the one to have to clean up the mess that System 1-tan makes...no wonder Pu-chan feels so overworked ^_~
At least at the moment that panel takes place, Pu-chan is still asleep! And I also do not want to be the one to clean that mess up either! Hopefully if System 1-tan ever does any egg-smashing, she has to be the one that cleans it up! [/quote] Maybe Pu-chan will hear the crash and decide she doesn't want to get up yet

Gleeful 5-tan is cute, I just can't get over her purple + gray eyes. Panicking 8-tan is golden, and even with the blindfolds I can tell 6 and 4-tan are, like, "no...no...not THIS...again!"
It is a strange and rather questionable strategy but by wearing blindfolds, they could claim to not be witnesses of any egg-smashing incidents and be exempt from cleaning it up! :D
Ohhhh plausible deniability sweet

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-836.html
AAAUGH! I still need to finish that and start the second one! >_<
Not to mention zerOSanity T.T and the holiday special what does Ferora-tan get >.<

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "guyveroz"
Let's see I've been a Windows user since 95-tan I even have a copy of ME-tan (which I decided to keep around after getting into OS-tans), I used to use a little Red Hat in school. Now I'm and OSX-tan with XP-tan bootcamp and Ubuntu eee user.
Mac, Windows and Linux! That's cool!

I've used Macintosh System 7.5 - Mac OS 10.5 (except for Rhapsody and OS 10.0) and on rare occasions I use Windows and I've used Windows 95, 2000 and XP. And Vista for a few minutes. As for my nearly nonexistant Linux experience, I once saw a computer running Ubuntu Linux.

I want to be able to try out the older Mac OSes but I don't know if I will ever get the chance to ;__;

Or 1984 for that matter
That too! The scary part is that in some parts of the world, the whole "Big Brother is watching" thing applies!

YAy more Mac-tan profiles
Now here's the profile for Macintosh System 4.2-tan!  

4.2-tan: Macintosh System 4.2-tan is Mac System 5-tan's human alter-ego. While still a prankster and able to use magic, 4.2-tan is cautious, knowing that her pranks may not be as successful or effective because she can be seen by everyone. She keeps the fact she is Mac System 5-tan's alter-ego secret between her and Mac System 6-tan (who herself has an alter-ego) although Mac System 2-tan correctly suspected their identities and OSX Leopard-tan found out on her own, they have been courteous enough not to blurt it out.

Unlike her phantom counterpart, she shows a hatred for perversion since Foobies-tan is able to see her and is one of her main targets.

QuoteNot to mention zerOSanity T.T and the holiday special what does Ferora-tan get >.<
I know, I fail big time for biting off WAAAAY more than I can chew!

-----
Here is panel 6! Luckily for everyone (although to Mac System 5-tan's dismay), Mac OS 8-tan quickly demonstrates how to correctly break open an egg, without the loudness of a hammer! :D

guyveroz

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
Quote from: "guyveroz"
Mac, Windows and Linux! That's cool!

I've used Macintosh System 7.5 - Mac OS 10.5 (except for Rhapsody and OS 10.0) and on rare occasions I use Windows and I've used Windows 95, 2000 and XP. And Vista for a few minutes. As for my nearly nonexistant Linux experience, I once saw a computer running Ubuntu Linux.

I want to be able to try out the older Mac OSes but I don't know if I will ever get the chance to ;__;
If you have an intel Mac why don't you just Bootcamp Linux or Parallel Desktop if you have it

Or 1984 for that matter
That too! The scary part is that in some parts of the world, the whole "Big Brother is watching" thing applies!
Heck with the state of the world today Orwell might as well have been a prophet

QuoteNot to mention zerOSanity T.T and the holiday special what does Ferora-tan get >.<
I know I fail big time for biting off WAAAAY more than I can chew!
Just tale it easy pace yourself :P

QuoteHere is panel 6! Luckily for everyone (although to Mac System 5-tan's dismay), Mac OS 8-tan quickly demonstrates how to correctly break open an egg, without the loudness of a hammer! :D
Awwwwe... I wanted to see Mac-tans covered in egg ^...^ oh and don't forget to add spring onions to the mix

C-Chan

QuoteShe is also great friends with A/UX-tan and can overlook your perversion (you're still under the influence of "Ichigo 100%", right?)

You havez to undertandeth.... that kind of pervy harem anime corruption is REALLY hard to detoxify.  I might be like that for a while -- would've been worse had I watched Shuffle.  XvX'

QuoteIs it seriously wrong that I was tempted to have a Mac Party or zerOSanity page guest-starring Mahoro, out fighting perversion?  

Well you already had one cameoing Suiseiseki-sama.  So,... you know..... ^___^

QuoteThat sounds awful! But I'm mostly concerned about "Idiocracy" or even "Soylent Green" becoming prophetic!  

That's amazing!  I just watched Idiocracy myself not so long ago, and you happened to mention it.  ^^
That movie had nothing but silly toilet humor, but I LOVED IT!  >v<
Very poignant political statement that [unfortunately] makes a sad bit of sense.  ^^;

QuoteA/UX-tan, GS/OS-chan, Newton-tan, Apple ][-chan, and Lisa-san(?) still contact the Macs regularly and the Macs also visit them from time to time as well.

Let's just say that Windows 2.0-chan does often admit to ][-chan her envy for the kind of close-knit family she has.  -v-

QuoteIncidentally, the really sappy Mac comic I proposed in this post involves System 7-tan finally and completely overcoming her depression!

Somehow I too have always thought of such a story as being as much a tearjerker as it would be a motivational piece.  ^^

QuoteAt least at the moment that panel takes place, Pu-chan is still asleep! And I also do not want to be the one to clean that mess up either! Hopefully if System 1-tan ever does any egg-smashing, she has to be the one that cleans it up!

FYI, a common wake-up call for Pu-chan is to have a "TO-DO" list unceremoniously scotch-taped to her forehead.  ^.^;

QuoteNow I'm wondering how GS/OS-chan is involved with this...

I think she may have left at the same time as ][-chan and Lisa-san but I'm not sure why (aside from her loyalty to ][-chan) or if she left later (not wanting to deal with Amiga-sama who was one of her main rivals for some time).

Oh no, GS/OS-san sticks to "][-sama" like glue to amber.  ^______^
Of course she would have left at the same time.

Also, there was no Binteji Renmei when they left -- Amiga-san arrived in ][-chan's plantation when it was still her property entirely.  Even if GS/OS-chan wanted to pick on her old rival, Amiga-san was a guest in ][-chan's house and that simply wasn't allowed.

By the time they (and later Windows 1.0/2.0-chan and UNIX-sama) decided to found the BR, the two had long reconciled.  All it took was living under the same roof and talking with her a little for GS/OS-chan to realize that Amiga-san wasn't a bad person at all.  ^__^

QuoteAre you referring to when the Apple Family was just ][-chan and Lisa-san and maybe System 1-tan or was ][-chan never really able to form a strong bond with her family because she was so busy?

I would imagine that ][-chan never stopped being busy, even when her main responsibilities were transferred over to the newer Mac-tans.  She would have definitely spent more time talking to them than with Lisa-chan, but she still was, in all respects, a "stranger in her own home".

Under that circumstance, they ended up being closer AFTER she retired and left than before.

QuoteJust some relevant dialogue made up on the spot  

You got the idea!  ^.^

QuoteIt is possible that GEM-tan forgave System 1-tan for what she did, and the two reconciled!  

Of course.  ^.^
It's a whole different world now -- it would be petty to continue the grudges of the past when there's nothing but harm to gain from them.  -v-

============

Taking a quick break, but will be right back.... ^^

*steps out*

Added after 1 hours 19 minutes:

QuoteLet's see I've been a Windows user since 95-tan I even have a copy of ME-tan (which I decided to keep around after getting into OS-tans), I used to use a little Red Hat in school. Now I'm and OSX-tan with XP-tan bootcamp and Ubuntu eee user.

EeePCs FTW!!  ^v^

Don't worry, I'll handle that before C-Day.  -v-

Admittedly, the pages Aurora-hime has posted in the gallery only go up to Page 4 and don't show the subsequent panels.  However now I don't remember where in the HUEG sea of forum posts the other storyboards I've worked on are located.

If I can't find them, I might have to repost a "Summary" of the Zerosanity XMAS special in the FOSA lite thread, just so you can see how the story is progressing (and also to clarify a few font issues that remained.  -v-'

QuoteI want to be able to try out the older Mac OSes but I don't know if I will ever get the chance to ;__;

Don't lose heart, Aurora-hime.  One day you will.  ^^

QuoteHere is panel 6! Luckily for everyone (although to Mac System 5-tan's dismay), Mac OS 8-tan quickly demonstrates how to correctly break open an egg, without the loudness of a hammer!

Fufufu...! that's as cute as it is anticlimactic.  ^.^

Of particular note is that Tempo-chan has to bend down to be at 1-chan's eye-level.  -v-

QuoteIf you have an intel Mac why don't you just Bootcamp Linux or Parallel Desktop if you have it

Admittedly, with Tiger-sama, Aurora-hime COULD try downloading virtualbox and give any of the various Linuxen a spin.  ^__^

http://www.virtualbox.org/

guyveroz

Maybe you could try emulators for older OSes

Bella

QuoteIt is true that ][-chan was slowly displaced by the Mac-tans, to the point there literally was nothing left for her to do while at home. But her personality was definitely not one to give up so easily -- she was after all a great storyteller and could've stuck around to entertain new generations of Mac-tans.

The real deciding factor for her retirement was Lisa-chan -- she never really lived as much of a family with Lisa-chan and she wanted to make up for all the years she neglected her. And having lived pretty much in the shadows of the Mac-tans, it was not a hard decision for her to move away.

I figure that's one way she convinces the Classic-tans to go back -- unlike her, THEY have always lived as a strong family unit, and have too much to lose if they don't get it back together. Not when the reason for their departure is pretty much comical (in her opinion), and easy to fix with a little communication (or at worst, in her opinion, "a good whoopin"... j/k, j/k). ^___^

I see...][-tan left so that she could be with her sister...

QuoteIf you can, do try and watch any clip of Kanon 2006 featuring Mai (should be plenty on Youtube). I tell you she'd be PERFECT for System 7-tan in her Emo-yet-still-a-competent-swordswoman state. ^___^

*Youtubes Kanon 2006 Mai*

Hmmmm....I see your point...

QuoteStill strikes me that both you and Bella admitted to suffering from some form of "overconfidence" when you were both younger. I'm the polar opposite and still suffered myself.

Guess it always barrels down to avoiding extremes. -v-

Being a jerk didn't equal overconfidence in my case. -__-

QuoteThat's the beauty of it. The most unnerving thing to Leopard-chan is that System 7-tan is not scolding her at all in any of these instances. The monotonous, emotionless, disinterested voice of System 7-tan confuses and catches the young girl off-guard, causing her own natural defensiveness to be used against her.

Kind of like an internet troll who gets ignored completely and is literally starved to death, making a complete ass of himself from start to finish. ^^

Haha...I'm now starting to see Leo-chan as the hyper, in-your-face type ^^

QuoteWow! I swear you could fit about 200 Aspire Ones in that thing. ^^;

Maybe if I chuck the fridge outside I can fit one in the house XD

QuoteLet's see I've been a Windows user since 95-tan I even have a copy of ME-tan (which I decided to keep around after getting into OS-tans), I used to use a little Red Hat in school. Now I'm and OSX-tan with XP-tan bootcamp and Ubuntu eee user.

Lesse...I've owned 98 and XP Home machines, used 98 SE, Vista and Mac OS X (including Leopard) for short times on other people's machines. I've run Puppy Linux, SAM, PCLOS, Ubuntu and Debian, (and a few other Linux distros I'm forgetting) at different times, usually under a virtual machine. Via terminal I've used VMS, RSTS/E and NetBSD. I'd like to give Tenex a try, too.

QuoteMac, Windows and Linux! That's cool!

Aurora-sama needs to get herself a good virtual machine program and give Linux a whirl!

Either that, or give NetBSD a try ^^

http://sdf.lonestar.org/index.cgi?telnet

QuoteThat too! The scary part is that in some parts of the world, the whole "Big Brother is watching" thing applies!

I'm personally scared that our world will end up like Planet of the Apes. I don't trust those damned, dirty monkeys for a minute TT

Quote4.2-tan: Macintosh System 4.2-tan is Mac System 5-tan's human alter-ego. While still a prankster and able to use magic, 4.2-tan is cautious, knowing that her pranks may not be as successful or effective because she can be seen by everyone. She keeps the fact she is Mac System 5-tan's alter-ego secret between her and Mac System 6-tan (who herself has an alter-ego) although Mac System 2-tan correctly suspected their identities and OSX Leopard-tan found out on her own, they have been courteous enough not to blurt it out.

Unlike her phantom counterpart, she shows a hatred for perversion since Foobies-tan is able to see her and is one of her main targets.

Quote4.4-tan: Macintosh System 4.4-tan is Mac System 6-tan's former identity now used as her alter-ego. When she got her identity secretly changed in early 1988, 4.4-tan was said to have disappeared and never seen again... until recently. She keeps the fact she is Mac System 6-tan's alter-ego secret between her and Mac System 5-tan (who herself has an alter-ego) although Mac System 2-tan correctly suspected their identities and OSX Leopard-tan found out on her own, they have been courteous enough not to blurt it out.

She is shorter, appears very cheerful and downplays a lot of her abilities to try and avoid any suspicion. While this works for the most part (even her arch-rivals ANTI-tan and WDEF-tan leave her alone, the OSX-kuns do not provoke her), Mac System 2-tan is highly suspicious of her and the OSX-kuns also show some suspicion. A dead giveaway to her identity is when she is unmasked- she still has the same eye colors as Mac System 6-tan. At least no one has tried unmasking her!

Thanks! This clears up a bit of confusion I had about 4.2 and 4.4-tan and their alter egos.

QuoteThat's amazing! I just watched Idiocracy myself not so long ago, and you happened to mention it. ^^
That movie had nothing but silly toilet humor, but I LOVED IT! >v<
Very poignant political statement that [unfortunately] makes a sad bit of sense. ^^;

Oh yeah, nobody sees the political statements in Planet of the Apes, do they? TT

QuoteLet's just say that Windows 2.0-chan does often admit to ][-chan her envy for the kind of close-knit family she has. -v-

How sad...the Windowses are kinda tearing themselves apart, aren't they... : |

QuoteFYI, a common wake-up call for Pu-chan is to have a "TO-DO" list unceremoniously scotch-taped to her forehead. ^.^;

Haha! XD
Oh no, GS/OS-san sticks to "][-sama" like glue to amber. ^______^
Of course she would have left at the same time.

Also, there was no Binteji Renmei when they left -- Amiga-san arrived in ][-chan's plantation when it was still her property entirely. Even if GS/OS-chan wanted to pick on her old rival, Amiga-san was a guest in ][-chan's house and that simply wasn't allowed.

By the time they (and later Windows 1.0/2.0-chan and UNIX-sama) decided to found the BR, the two had long reconciled. All it took was living under the same roof and talking with her a little for GS/OS-chan to realize that Amiga-san wasn't a bad person at all. ^__^

Oh, so this is how the BR was founded...

I'm still scratching my head over how Unix-sama and Miggy could get along so well. :P

QuoteEeePCs FTW!! ^v^

Honeywell 6180 mainframes FTW!!!!! >v<

QuoteDon't lose heart, Aurora-hime. One day you will. ^^

I'm still pining for those Multicians to get their 6180 emulator up-and-running. :...(

But I am confident, Aurora-sama, that if you have the will you can someday get to use the older Mac OSes. After all, I never would have imagined I'd be able to play a game of tic-tac-toe with VMS-sama, but look at how that turned out. :P

QuoteAdmittedly, with Tiger-sama, Aurora-hime COULD try downloading virtualbox and give any of the various Linuxen a spin. ^__^

http://www.virtualbox.org/

Go for it, Aurora! ^^[/img]