The "Old games I still like to play" thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, November 29, 2007, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

yeah, that's probably it. nanami playing with bombay or chicago's toys might result in a few bugs. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah; you'll sometimes run into stuff like that when you're messing with older software on newer OSes

Anyway, as for a series of older games I still play, I still find myself occasionally playing the original 6 Mega Man games on the NES. I enjoy all of them equally, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably go with the 5th one (It fixed the problems with 4 and had very nice graphics), followed very closely by the 2nd one (Who didn't love Mega Man 2?)

Chocofreak13

when i try to mention an old game i like to play, all that comes to mind is Homestuck, which is only part game. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Homestruck? I don't think I know that one...care to elaborate?

Chocofreak13

HomeSTUCK. it's part of the MSPaint Adventures group of hybrid comic/flash games. it's pretty damn cool. but i can't elaborate on it accurately; you'd have to play it yourself and see. :3
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 19, 2011, 09:25:26 PM
Yeah; you'll sometimes run into stuff like that when you're messing with older software on newer OSes

Anyway, as for a series of older games I still play, I still find myself occasionally playing the original 6 Mega Man games on the NES. I enjoy all of them equally, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably go with the 5th one (It fixed the problems with 4 and had very nice graphics), followed very closely by the 2nd one (Who didn't love Mega Man 2?)

<3 <3 <3 <3

Mega Man 2 is my second favourite game on NES, and Fedora-Tan and I have finished all NES Mega Man games together in the past two years. <3 Quick Man's level is my personal favourite of all Mega Man games' levels. ^.^

Nichi

My favorite of the stages would have to be Star Man's stage, from Mega Man 5; I loved the sections of the stage where you're running on the ceiling

Chocofreak13

you guys are making me wish i'd played megaman. is there a version for the N64?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

There is Mega Man 64; a port of the earlier PlayStation game, Mega Man Legends. I've never played the N64 version, but I've played the PSX release and loved it to death; although, it's less like traditional Mega Man and more along the lines of a Zelda-like action/adventure game.

CanaryTan

Megaman ftw. <33333
I love megaman legends. I played both of the games so far x3
and i will get a 3DS just so I can play #3 >:U
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: hmm, as the owner of both an N64 and a playstation (x, 1, 2), it shouldn't be hard to get a copy. how much do you think that'd run me? (if it's like, 10 bucks i'll buy it right away, but i'm saving up for a scanner so if it's moar i'll wait :\)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The N64 version can usually be bought for less than $10 if you shop around; although, if you want it new, Amazon still has new copies of it for $20

Also, there's a compilation of the first 8 original Mega Man games available for the PS2 that usually doesn't run too expensive from what I've seen, if you decide you want to play the originals.

Chocofreak13

ooooo. :3

if you find a link on amazon for the second one, please post. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Here it is. I used to have the Xbox version, but since I don't have an Xbox of any kind anymore, I sold it off

Chocofreak13

ty. it'll go on my list of things to get after the first few major expenditures. :3
click to make it bigger