OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex S

How do I install the Vis-tan gadget into the pseudo-Vista sidebar? And why is said sidebar in Spanish?

Chocofreak13

um, i wanna help too!
i may be new but i have a career as a manga/anime/game artist pretty much lined up.....and today i even turned in a sociology project that was nothing but os-tans! i love to draw, and always wanted to take a crack at animating.....and i'd devote every second of personal time i have to this if need be! (except walking in the hall, because i couldn't do much then.....) anything to help, i will do!

and as for the voice actors part......i remember my sister's bf actually asked me once if i had ever considered anime voice acting.......

(when i'm older and more experienced, i actually wanna try to make an os-tans anime. <3)

uhm, my internet life is patchy lately (junior year, so much work! T_T)
so if i can be of any help, please send me mail at babydoll5939@yahoo.com, ok? ^___^
click to make it bigger

Razgriz1

Is this project still active anymore?  It doesn't look like it.

When I started reading this I was really hoping I would see something for XP, I guess I was wrong.

Razgriz1

maxmadmax

Im still waiting for Zilka and he/She is waiting for Darknight.. so..
I guess is stuck for the moment..

But we are on stand by..

yutsuei

hmmm...so will this xp-tan look like and do the same as that one in youtube?but just have more things it can do.(if this is stupid sounding im sorry im really tired and its late)

hicamajig

Thank you so much for the sidebar gadget, it is so awesome, it makes my desktop feel so much lively! Just wanted to point out two things with mine that happened. First one is that mine snaps to the bottom of the screen i think so it cuts off around middle of her hand down (not that its a problem just wanted to point it out), second is that for some reason I cannot have vista-tan and other gadgets on the sidebar at the same time, she takes up her own sidebar section for some reason. Any idea as to what is causing this or if there is a quick fix? Thanks for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated ^^ and I hope things continue into the future.

~cheers

AnimeTheme

Errrr... what does it do besides blinking eyes?
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

hicamajig

For now I believe that is the extent of it's abilities though I am pretty sure it was to be updated with more stuff slowly but the project seems to be on hiatus.. hopefully it gets picked up again soon either that or more of other varieties come into existence ^^.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "hicamajig"For now I believe that is the extent of it's abilities though I am pretty sure it was to be updated with more stuff slowly but the project seems to be on hiatus.. hopefully it gets picked up again soon either that or more of other varieties come into existence ^^.

Sorry if this sounds like a shameless promotion (LOL), but seriously, I do suggest you check out my gadget projects posted in this forum which are also OS-tan related.

* Anime PC Meter
* System Animator (highly recommended)

In certain sense, my gadgets are far better than this one (in its current status at least) as they have actual functionality and extra eye candies, and the most important of all, my projects are still ACTIVE.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Zilka

Hi hicamajig! I'm happy you like it. You shouldn't leave it in the sidebar,  but drag in on the desktop instead. After all I'm sure you have something useful to display on the sidebar. Vistan is supposed to be an interactive part of the desktop, or rather the wallpaper. I recommend you have a look at the screenshots in this thread. Also there's 2 versions of thuis gadget for different resolutions. Small for 800 pixels high and above, and big for 1050 pixels high and above. Vistan adjust herself to the resolution so that her finger is right on the top of the taskbar and you don't seea gap where her legs are cut off. Hope this helps.

I think the time has come to do something about this. Darknight has been missing for like half a year already. I'm pretty sure he didn't show up here or on deviant-art. Actually does anyone know if he is registered on any other forums or social networks and if he was showing up there. I'm kinda worried about him. Maybe they took him to the mexican army? Is it tough there?

Also does anyone want to be the main artist for this or a parallel project?

AnimeTheme

@Zilka: I don't mean to downplay your gadget, and I apologize if you think I did. I actually thought this project was dead already LOL. But seriously... I think you can give this gadget more purposes other than just "blinking".

It's glad to know someone else who also has the passion to write OS-tan/Anime-based gadgets  ;003

hicamajig

@AnimeTheme - I checked out your gadgets a few days ago (well minus the animator which i am just trying now since I have time again), they are really cool! I especially like the calendar :D.

@Zilka - It would be  pretty sweet if it did pick up again! and ya I had already tried both sizes (big one being better due to large screen resolution) and apparently detaching it from sidebar (which i didn't think of for some reason) fixes both problems XD. But for me I kind of like it attached more because I don't actually use my sidebar often so it looks nice and makes it seem like the sidebar isn't there.

Edit: Just tested out the system animator, it's fricken sweet!! I think I may have to start using my sidebar again since I actually have good gadgets now >.< Thanks to the both of you.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "hicamajig"Edit: Just tested out the system animator, it's fricken sweet!! I think I may have to start using my sidebar again since I actually have good gadgets now >.< Thanks to the both of you.

Glad to know you like it ;001 (and be the first one here who finally responds regarding my System Animator lol...). In fact, I have made many animation sets dedicated to System Animator featuring various Anime and characters (Haruhi, Lucky Star, Vocaloid Miku, etc), but I didn't have the motive to post them in this forum since no one seems to care... Anyways, if you are interested, maybe we can talk in the System Animator topic.

miku

ooh interesting topic, i have the miku miku dance but is very dificult

outcesticide

hay will this project be interactive ex: u ignore her, she flips you off or was that just wishful thinking when this was made? also id look for a new programmer if hes not getting it done(thats just my opinion on the situation) :smoke: