Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Oh, I can found it! Not today though, I'm beat :P

And to answer Siya: I think Vistan's out for blood with XP-tan >__<

Not like every other new OS has betrayed it's predecessor :P

Bella

Okay, let's get back on topic!

Prototype-tans: what exactly are they?

Cause if you think about it, they have nearly no (if any) userbase, which by most accounts would make them dead...yet these are remembered to a certain extent (though very little info on them can be found), contributed much to later OSs, and there's a fair amount of artwork depicting them...

Somehow I kinda want to think of them as "existent" but not...almost like a ghost or something.

Odyssey-tan's been pictured with 2k-tan and ME-tan on a few occasions, too...usually being mocked or finding herself (or her CDR halo) the matter of some interest. Neptune-tan, as far as I know, has never been depicted along with any other OS-tan, and other prototype Windows and Mac-tans haven't been seen in canon artwork...

C-Chan

Hmmmm,....

Well the fact that a Copland-tan and Taligent-tan and Windows 97-tan were already produced without any discernible oddity sorta complicates things,... unless you declared them as "ghosts" or something from here on outward.  But I'm not sure if assigning a ubiquitous nature to them is really necessary -- they can be whatever is most appropriate based on a case-by-case basis.  Neptune and Odyssey-tan may be ghosts due to underhandedness, but certainly other Prototype-tans could still be blood relatives of some sort that likely don't live with the immediate family.  

Even though they're not prototypes (except maybe perhaps for Hacchan), the lifestyles of OSR 2.1 and OSR 2.5-sama come to mind.  Darwin-tan is another example -- with the exception that SHE was given a second chance at exposure through Open Sorcery.  ^^

Bella

Yeah, I sorta forgot about 97-tan >/////<

But I always assumed 97 was the original name for 98; didn't they not release it in time or something...?

Copland and Taligent-tan...I dunno, aside from the OS Xs and OS 6-tan, I've always seen the Apple-tans as being somewhat "homegrown"-no pun intended-compared to the Windows and *nix-tans...

The OSR-tans, I've always considered something like the Secchan to 95's Hacchan...I mean to say, they're just later releases that got their own -tans.

But Neptune and Odyssey were arguably full and independent OSs (with a close relation to 2k) that never got off the ground for some reason or another (mostly just the prolonging of the 9x Windows)...

C-Chan

QuoteYeah, I sorta forgot about 97-tan >/////<

No worries,... you, me, and 99.99999999999% of the world forgets about 97-tan.  ^^;

QuoteBut I always assumed 97 was the original name for 98; didn't they not release it in time or something...?

Don't remember the full details of it, but you're probably right.  Nonetheless, a 97-tan was made anyway, if only because the marketing for it was pretty heavy in the literature at the time (I still remember a "Windows 96" being promoted).  So yeah, that would put her in the possession of conceptual prototype, much like Longhorn-tan.

QuoteCopland and Taligent-tan...I dunno, aside from the OS Xs and OS 6-tan, I've always seen the Apple-tans as being somewhat "homegrown"-no pun intended-compared to the Windows and *nix-tans...

Fufu!  Homegrown.... ^___^
Well yeah,... while I envision a 'Ghost in the Shell'-like creation for Unices and Windows-tans,... that just doesn't seem to jive well with Apple-tans.  ^^;

QuoteBut Neptune and Odyssey were arguably full and independent OSs (with a close relation to 2k) that never got off the ground for some reason or another (mostly just the prolonging of the 9x Windows)...

Incidentally, here's a CIOST prototype-tan that also never got off the ground (in fact, they pulled all the cool info from the site), but would have had a very ambitious design.... ^^

http://unununium.org/

I always thought that if I drew her, she'd be a powerful OS-tan matched in strength to Solaris-sama and loosely resembling a Dolem from RahXephon -- but otherwise hardly what one would call reliable and stable given she'd be far from complete.

Bella

QuoteNo worries,... you, me, and 99.99999999999% of the world forgets about 97-tan. ^^;

LOL XD

QuoteDon't remember the full details of it, but you're probably right. Nonetheless, a 97-tan was made anyway, if only because the marketing for it was pretty heavy in the literature at the time (I still remember a "Windows 96" being promoted). So yeah, that would put her in the possession of conceptual prototype, much like Longhorn-tan.

Hmmm...that I didn't know...

QuoteFufu! Homegrown.... ^___^
Well yeah,... while I envision a 'Ghost in the Shell'-like creation for Unices and Windows-tans,... that just doesn't seem to jive well with Apple-tans. ^^;

Exactly my thoughts!

I guess a couple of well-meaning California dudes making wooden computers in their garage, and naming their company after a fruit, seems far from futuristic :P

I've always said, we have no idea of the dark arts that went into creating those Win/Unix-tans O__o

QuoteIncidentally, here's a CIOST prototype-tan that also never got off the ground (in fact, they pulled all the cool info from the site), but would have had a very ambitious design.... ^^

http://unununium.org/

I always thought that if I drew her, she'd be a powerful OS-tan matched in strength to Solaris-sama and loosely resembling a Dolem from RahXephon -- but otherwise hardly what one would call reliable and stable given she'd be far from complete.

I've seen that site before!

Shame nothing became of it : |

But those are interesting ideas for a character! A unstable, crazy Solaris-san wannabe...XD

Techno the fox

Hmm Interesting.

What about We-tan and Yamada?

Would they fall under the classification of "Prototype Os-tans" Being that they're Tans of prototype OSes

Or would they be "Prototype Os-tans" Being that they're prototype designs of the Os-tans themselves....

Aurora Borealis

We-tan and Yamada aren't OS-tans. They're actually OS-tan wannabes or groupies.

We-tan = ME-tan's counterpart
Yamada = 98-tan's counterpart (and Yamada was originally a prototype design for 98-tan)
Pizza-ko = 2K-tan's counterpart
Komepo = XP Pro-tan's counterpart

And I have a question: There are quite a few OS-tans that represent unreleased and/or prototype OSes. But what about hacked or bootleg variants of an OS and would they be worth personifying?

Alfamille

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
And I have a question: There are quite a few OS-tans that represent unreleased and/or prototype OSes. But what about hacked or bootleg variants of an OS and would they be worth personifying?

Obviously, no one is stopping from creating personifications of the said variants. I guess it's between "yes" or "no"

Yes, because it would at least give satisfaction of some people who own such variants and no, since most OS personification is given to an established OS.

Bella

QuoteWe-tan and Yamada aren't OS-tans. They're actually OS-tan wannabes or groupies.

We-tan = ME-tan's counterpart
Yamada = 98-tan's counterpart (and Yamada was originally a prototype design for 98-tan)
Pizza-ko = 2K-tan's counterpart
Komepo = XP Pro-tan's counterpart

I always thought We-tan was somewhat of a pun on Me-tan...and I think Yamada was a early design for 98.

QuoteAnd I have a question: There are quite a few OS-tans that represent unreleased and/or prototype OSes. But what about hacked or bootleg variants of an OS and would they be worth personifying?

I think a bootleg OS-tan would kinda be the same as a normal one, as a bootleg is but a copy of a certain OS. Hacked OS-tans...I dunno, I suppose that's similar to mind control or something of the like...

And I've thought more about a potential UnixWare-tan, her looks, attitude, etc.

Attitude wise, UnixWare-san would be a smart and calculating warrior; Though I'm unsure what her weapon of choice would be, she'd be very good with it. Her lifelong ambition has been to topple NT-san off of her pedestal of server dominance, partially due to a personal hate of the MS family, and also to avenge NT-san's attack on her comrade, NetWare-tan (which I've got no ideas for really...more on this later). She was in fact born out of a need to make her company more successful in the server market. It is said that Ray Noorda, the CEO of Novell at this time, had some sort of plans for marketing DR-DOS, but instead went with UnixWare. So there could be some sort of backstory between the two -tans...

She also deeply dislikes SCO Unix-tan; I'd imagine UnixWare and SCO-tan would have often battled over whom was the truest descendant of Unix-sama or something like that (because SCO and Novell fought over who owned the Unix trademarks, not to mention this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Unix-history.svg ), but in the end UnixWare-san won...lets just say, you know those crutches SCO-tan now hobbles around on? UnixWare-tan likely put here there...

At some point, UnixWare and NetWare were supposed to me merged into one OS (SuperNOS). I've no idea what the -tan equivalent would be (makes me think of this technical and genetic dark magic I often joke about), but one could say either some sort of clone was to be made of them, or they were to train student together or something...This slightly creepy scenario was supposed to be played out yet again, except with merging AIX and UnixWare. While nothing became of either project, a beta version of the AIX/UnixWare merge was created (hey, a prototype-tan!). I can also see where AIX and Unixware-tan would be friends, since both opposed SCO-tan.

Physically, I see her as having long, say, blackish or dark hair, dark eyes, and thin glasses. But that's how I describe 90% of Unix-tans, so...

Now I have a question(!): what would a network OS-tan be? Because, as I can gather, an NOS is an OS made to control computer networks (duh)...I remember somebody else brought this up...

And am I even a little correct for envisioning them as something like a telephone operator....?

C-Chan

QuoteExactly my thoughts!

I guess a couple of well-meaning California dudes making wooden computers in their garage, and naming their company after a fruit, seems far from futuristic :P

I've always said, we have no idea of the dark arts that went into creating those Win/Unix-tans O__o

Damn the director of the original Ghost in the Shell movie for making his intro very NSFW!!  ^0^

Now would be an excellent spot to just put it.  ^^'

QuoteBut those are interesting ideas for a character! A unstable, crazy Solaris-san wannabe...XD

Not really sure if she'd be much of a Solaris-wannabe,... in fact, she'd hardly have much of a personality at all being on a kind of life-support 99% of the time, and only appearing in battle whenever a HUGE psionic blast can turn the tide or at least cover for a retreat.  I doubt she'd even be able to speak,... or at least not verbally.

Unlike the UNIX-tans, the CIOST [at least in my interpretation] are comparably a ragtag bunch -- very resourceful and powerful in their own right, but lacking order and cohesiveness.  Even though I'm no gamer, their,... "army" (if their userbase can be called that) is not unlike the "Nod" from the Command & Conquer series.  Scattered and decentralized, and equipped with 5% ABSURDLY high-tech, futuristic weapons contrasting sharply with the remaining 95% low-tech partisanry.  Yet they're still a forced to be reckoned with due to their stealth, guerrilla tactics, near-impenetrable defenses, and an almost religious zeal to stay alive.  They don't have the numbers or the ambition to go looking for trouble,... but anyone who looks for trouble in-turn ain't gonna find any pushovers.  ^^;

QuoteWe-tan and Yamada aren't OS-tans. They're actually OS-tan wannabes or groupies.

OMG... and I just finished listening Pizzicato Five song that has "I'm a Groupie" as a reoccuring lyric!  Now THAT'S what I call a coincidence.... ^.^

QuoteAnd I have a question: There are quite a few OS-tans that represent unreleased and/or prototype OSes. But what about hacked or bootleg variants of an OS and would they be worth personifying?

In a manga idea that I had, the OS-tan "wilderness" outside the realms of OS-tan civilization (in other words, where Wanderers,... wander.... ^^') is,... in typical RPG style,... teeming with monsters (the more animalistc viruses, worms, etc), as well as bandits and pirates.  There would also be bootlegged OS-tans, who are essentially mutant clones of the original that are barred from society if they're discovered and thus outcasts.  Not all are bad depending on how well they're produced -- but since the majority are created hastily, they tend to be single-minded, destructive, evil and zombie-like (and naturally, the majority are Windows-tan based due to popularity).  

And while it's no problem dispelling a Bootlegged 2k-tan in the city, she'd represent a real threat to Wanderers who could be up to 20 years older and woefully unprepared to defend against a modern aggressor.

I do agree that "hacking" would be synonymous to mind control, and that can be done either on the original (very desirable) or on any of those freeroaming bootlegs (a waste of time, but good practice for the megalomaniac evil hacker).

QuoteAttitude wise, UnixWare-san would be a smart and calculating warrior; Though I'm unsure what her weapon of choice would be, she'd be very good with it. Her lifelong ambition has been to topple NT-san off of her pedestal of server dominance, partially due to a personal hate of the MS family, and also to avenge NT-san's attack on her comrade, NetWare-tan (which I've got no ideas for really...more on this later). She was in fact born out of a need to make her company more successful in the server market. It is said that Ray Noorda, the CEO of Novell at this time, had some sort of plans for marketing DR-DOS, but instead went with UnixWare. So there could be some sort of backstory between the two -tans...

Fufufu!  Unixware-tan has something or other to do with DR-DOS-sama!  ^__^
It's amazing how,... if you drew a relationship tree between all the characters,... you'd start to see that everyone truly is interconnected.  ^v^

No surprise on the smart and calculating warrior, since that basically describes the entire UNIX family.  ^___^
The REAL question is,... what's her particular, mandatory, curse-like personality quirk that would make her so uniquely... UNIX?  ^.^

QuoteShe also deeply dislikes SCO Unix-tan; I'd imagine UnixWare and SCO-tan would have often battled over whom was the truest descendant of Unix-sama or something like that (because SCO and Novell fought over who owned the Unix trademarks, not to mention this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Unix-history.svg ), but in the end UnixWare-san won...lets just say, you know those crutches SCO-tan now hobbles around on? UnixWare-tan likely put here there...

Fufufu.... well, in that sense too UnixWare is like every other Unix and Linux-tan that is annoyed by how much of a brat Xenix-sama's daughter is.  But to be the honorable OS-tan that actually puts her in her place,..... wow!  What a gal!  I'm liking her already.  ^^

QuoteAt some point, UnixWare and NetWare were supposed to me merged into one OS (SuperNOS). I've no idea what the -tan equivalent would be (makes me think of this technical and genetic dark magic I often joke about), but one could say either some sort of clone was to be made of them, or they were to train student together or something...This slightly creepy scenario was supposed to be played out yet again, except with merging AIX and UnixWare. While nothing became of either project, a beta version of the AIX/UnixWare merge was created (hey, a prototype-tan!). I can also see where AIX and Unixware-tan would be friends, since both opposed SCO-tan.

Hmmmm,....... I dunno,....... kinda torn between this "descendent" idea, or some kind of "Dynamic Duo" pairing.  But as I always say,... err on the path of less work and less characters.  ^___________^;

QuotePhysically, I see her as having long, say, blackish or dark hair, dark eyes, and thin glasses. But that's how I describe 90% of Unix-tans, so...

Poor Bella-sama....  ^.^
How 'bout just goin ahead and changing the hair color to something,... waaaaaaaaaaaay out there.  And maybe scrap the conventional glasses for an unconventional one-eyed visor instead?  Little things here and there to make each Unix distinctly unique -- certainly if you saw the final pairing of FreeB-chan, OpenBSD and NetBSD, you'd think they came from totally different families.... ^____^;

QuoteNow I have a question(!): what would a network OS-tan be? Because, as I can gather, an NOS is an OS made to control computer networks (duh)...I remember somebody else brought this up...

And am I even a little correct for envisioning them as something like a telephone operator....?

Hmmmm,.... wouldn't a Network OS be essentially a Mainframe-tan?  ^^

Bella

QuoteDamn the director of the original Ghost in the Shell movie for making his intro very NSFW!! ^0^

Now would be an excellent spot to just put it. ^^'

OMG, tell me about it :P

A while ago I saw that movie, I thought it was excellent!
I think it raised many interesting questions about the future of technology, namely, is nudity still nudity, if it's a cyborg that's void of clothing? ;138

QuoteNot really sure if she'd be much of a Solaris-wannabe,... in fact, she'd hardly have much of a personality at all being on a kind of life-support 99% of the time, and only appearing in battle whenever a HUGE psionic blast can turn the tide or at least cover for a retreat. I doubt she'd even be able to speak,... or at least not verbally.

Sucks to be her O___o Though I've kinda thought that all experimental OSs and stuff would start out something like that...

...But her powers are telekinetic and telepathic?  Awesome!

QuoteUnlike the UNIX-tans, the CIOST [at least in my interpretation] are comparably a ragtag bunch -- very resourceful and powerful in their own right, but lacking order and cohesiveness. Even though I'm no gamer, their,... "army" (if their userbase can be called that) is not unlike the "Nod" from the Command & Conquer series. Scattered and decentralized, and equipped with 5% ABSURDLY high-tech, futuristic weapons contrasting sharply with the remaining 95% low-tech partisanry. Yet they're still a forced to be reckoned with due to their stealth, guerrilla tactics, near-impenetrable defenses, and an almost religious zeal to stay alive. They don't have the numbers or the ambition to go looking for trouble,... but anyone who looks for trouble in-turn ain't gonna find any pushovers. ^^;

Woohoo! And VMS-sama is their leader!

That's a really interesting view on their group. I think they could become one of my favorite groups (especially if they snag Multics-sama as a ally!)

But right not I'm on a bit of an Unix-like kick, so I must put the CIOST on the backburner till I get bored with the *nixes :P

QuoteIn a manga idea that I had, the OS-tan "wilderness" outside the realms of OS-tan civilization (in other words, where Wanderers,... wander.... ^^') is,... in typical RPG style,... teeming with monsters (the more animalistc viruses, worms, etc), as well as bandits and pirates. There would also be bootlegged OS-tans, who are essentially mutant clones of the original that are barred from society if they're discovered and thus outcasts. Not all are bad depending on how well they're produced -- but since the majority are created hastily, they tend to be single-minded, destructive, evil and zombie-like (and naturally, the majority are Windows-tan based due to popularity).

And while it's no problem dispelling a Bootlegged 2k-tan in the city, she'd represent a real threat to Wanderers who could be up to 20 years older and woefully unprepared to defend against a modern aggressor.

I do agree that "hacking" would be synonymous to mind control, and that can be done either on the original (very desirable) or on any of those freeroaming bootlegs (a waste of time, but good practice for the megalomaniac evil hacker).

Sounds like the wild west or something ;)

QuoteFufufu! Unixware-tan has something or other to do with DR-DOS-sama! ^__^
It's amazing how,... if you drew a relationship tree between all the characters,... you'd start to see that everyone truly is interconnected. ^v^

No surprise on the smart and calculating warrior, since that basically describes the entire UNIX family. ^___^
The REAL question is,... what's her particular, mandatory, curse-like personality quirk that would make her so uniquely... UNIX? ^.^

Well, aren't nearly all modern OSs descended from a few "bloodlines", so I'm sure there'd be a lot of connections. But DR-DOS and UnixWare are kinda an odd one, and both are very different...

As for her Unix quirk...I dunno, she's unhealthily obsessed with "killing NT-tan", but can't quite get to her...

Also, she's had more failed collaborations with other OSs than most...perhaps she comes off as quite likable and friendly, but is too grating, pompous and warlike to get along with...?

QuoteFufufu.... well, in that sense too UnixWare is like every other Unix and Linux-tan that is annoyed by how much of a brat Xenix-sama's daughter is. But to be the honorable OS-tan that actually puts her in her place,..... wow! What a gal! I'm liking her already. ^^

LOL XD

QuoteHmmmm,....... I dunno,....... kinda torn between this "descendent" idea, or some kind of "Dynamic Duo" pairing. But as I always say,... err on the path of less work and less characters. ^___________^;

Good thinking...we'll save this descendant thing for the OSs where it really counts ....

*stares at NT-tan...*

QuotePoor Bella-sama.... ^.^
How 'bout just goin ahead and changing the hair color to something,... waaaaaaaaaaaay out there. And maybe scrap the conventional glasses for an unconventional one-eyed visor instead? Little things here and there to make each Unix distinctly unique -- certainly if you saw the final pairing of FreeB-chan, OpenBSD and NetBSD, you'd think they came from totally different families.... ^____^;

Whhaaaaa! But she's the closest thing to an Unix heir, she better have dark hair and glasses :..(

Oh course, others I want to draw, like HP UX-tan, would probably be a bit more interesting...maybe a monocle?

QuoteHmmmm,.... wouldn't a Network OS be essentially a Mainframe-tan? ^^

I thought an NOS was more like a souped-up router...

I'm quite clueless when it comes to the realm of Mainframes/supercomputers/routers/etc.....

Techno the fox

QuoteAnd I've thought more about a potential UnixWare-tan, her looks, attitude, etc.

Attitude wise, UnixWare-san would be a smart and calculating warrior; Though I'm unsure what her weapon of choice would be, she'd be very good with it. Her lifelong ambition has been to topple NT-san off of her pedestal of server dominance, partially due to a personal hate of the MS family, and also to avenge NT-san's attack on her comrade, NetWare-tan (which I've got no ideas for really...more on this later). She was in fact born out of a need to make her company more successful in the server market. It is said that Ray Noorda, the CEO of Novell at this time, had some sort of plans for marketing DR-DOS, but instead went with UnixWare. So there could be some sort of backstory between the two -tans...

She also deeply dislikes SCO Unix-tan; I'd imagine UnixWare and SCO-tan would have often battled over whom was the truest descendant of Unix-sama or something like that (because SCO and Novell fought over who owned the Unix trademarks, not to mention this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Unix-history.svg ), but in the end UnixWare-san won...lets just say, you know those crutches SCO-tan now hobbles around on? UnixWare-tan likely put here there...

At some point, UnixWare and NetWare were supposed to me merged into one OS (SuperNOS). I've no idea what the -tan equivalent would be (makes me think of this technical and genetic dark magic I often joke about), but one could say either some sort of clone was to be made of them, or they were to train student together or something...This slightly creepy scenario was supposed to be played out yet again, except with merging AIX and UnixWare. While nothing became of either project, a beta version of the AIX/UnixWare merge was created (hey, a prototype-tan!). I can also see where AIX and Unixware-tan would be friends, since both opposed SCO-tan.

Physically, I see her as having long, say, blackish or dark hair, dark eyes, and thin glasses. But that's how I describe 90% of Unix-tans, so...

Woah.
Bravo! Sounds like quite the character to me.
I can see that she'd be enemies with NT-sama, but if she got aggressive with Inu-t then I'd have to step in...

QuoteIn a manga idea that I had, the OS-tan "wilderness" outside the realms of OS-tan civilization (in other words, where Wanderers,... wander.... ^^') is,... in typical RPG style,... teeming with monsters (the more animalistc viruses, worms, etc), as well as bandits and pirates. There would also be bootlegged OS-tans, who are essentially mutant clones of the original that are barred from society if they're discovered and thus outcasts. Not all are bad depending on how well they're produced -- but since the majority are created hastily, they tend to be single-minded, destructive, evil and zombie-like (and naturally, the majority are Windows-tan based due to popularity).

Hey C-chan, have you ever thought of starting an RP in the Games section?
I'd join something like that.

But since you mentioned hacking..How would that be done to an OS-tan?
Just like regular mind-control. *Sasser-tan's most overused ability, you'll see when I draw her.*
Or...The other way...You know what I mean..We were just talking about ghost in the shell a little while ago...

C-Chan

QuoteI think it raised many interesting questions about the future of technology, namely, is nudity still nudity, if it's a cyborg that's void of clothing?

Oh, that's easy,....
Just think:  have you ever seen naked mannequins in [regular] storefronts?  ^^'

QuoteSucks to be her O___o Though I've kinda thought that all experimental OSs and stuff would start out something like that...

...But her powers are telekinetic and telepathic? Awesome!

Well I just threw that out, but I'm not really sure.  I wanted her to have a unique power, which is why I associate her with the Rahxephon series given so much focus on sound-based attacks.  

QuoteWoohoo! And VMS-sama is their leader!

That's a really interesting view on their group. I think they could become one of my favorite groups (especially if they snag Multics-sama as a ally!)

But right not I'm on a bit of an Unix-like kick, so I must put the CIOST on the backburner till I get bored with the *nixes :P

Oh that's right, MULTICS-sama would be a perfect candidate for a CIOST member -- I hadn't thought of that!  ^^
Aside from the VMS-sama I owe you for that "special occasion", the only other CIOST members I'd like to draw is eCOS-tan -- who is something akin to eComStation-tan in terms of fighting prowess, youthful energy, and devotion to "VMS-kanjou".  Unfortunately, she bears a grudge against RedHat-tan that she entertains from time to time.  

QuoteSounds like the wild west or something

Fufu... I still recall when the internet used to be compared to the American Wild West (contrasting with the Canadian one, which was mellow by comparison).  

But this is what gives independent OS-tans their charm,... the fact that, despite their small or dwindling userbase, they can still make a living in conditions that would make more affluent and/or spoiled OS-tans curl into a quivering ball.  ^.^

QuoteAs for her Unix quirk...I dunno, she's unhealthily obsessed with "killing NT-tan", but can't quite get to her...

Also, she's had more failed collaborations with other OSs than most...perhaps she comes off as quite likable and friendly, but is too grating, pompous and warlike to get along with...?

*takes small taste*

Mmmmm....
Yeah, that there is some mighty tasty UNIX quirk.  ^____^

QuoteWhhaaaaa! But she's the closest thing to an Unix heir, she better have dark hair and glasses :..(

Oh course, others I want to draw, like HP UX-tan, would probably be a bit more interesting...maybe a monocle?

Okay okay, we can keep the hair.  ^^
But don't feel conpelled to stick with glasses only.
After all,.... glasses are like soooooooo 1960's.  ^____^

QuoteI thought an NOS was more like a souped-up router...

I'm quite clueless when it comes to the realm of Mainframes/supercomputers/routers/etc.....

Oh sorry, I actually thought you meant NOS-tan....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDC_NOS_%28Software%29

...who is in fact on my list of Mainframe-tans (although I may have her listed as "KRONOS", though).

Perhaps your assessment is correct -- but the mainframe-tans are also something akin to "godly" telephone operators.  ^^

QuoteHey C-chan, have you ever thought of starting an RP in the Games section?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,.....

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

...sorry dude.  ^^
Along with internet chat, I've also promised myself to never get into RPs again.  Long, sad story chock full of horrors, sap and bonified ungenkiness.

But thanks for the consideration, though,... for now, i'm just happy you're drawing and would rather help you with that.  ^^

QuoteBut since you mentioned hacking..How would that be done to an OS-tan?
Just like regular mind-control. *Sasser-tan's most overused ability, you'll see when I draw her.*
Or...The other way...You know what I mean..We were just talking about ghost in the shell a little while ago...

I would say both, depending on the OS-tan.  Humanoid OS-tans would require standard telekinetic intrusion, cyborg-like OS-tans would require that kind of stick-a-usb-cable-into-the-back-of-their-necks hack that's so common in the GITS TV series,...

And dog OS-tans would require either Pavlonian cues or a big jar of peanut butter in order to properly "hack".... ^.^

Naturally, the more well-defended the OS-tan, the greater the risk of bodily harm to the hacker. Even thinking about hacking UNIX-sama is a surefire way to meet your maker,... slowly and painfully   ^.^;

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Quote from: "Techno"
Hey C-chan, have you ever thought of starting an RP in the Games section?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,.....

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

...sorry dude. ^^
Along with internet chat, I've also promised myself to never get into RPs again. Long, sad story chock full of horrors, sap and bonified ungenkiness.

But thanks for the consideration, though,... for now, i'm just happy you're drawing and would rather help you with that. ^^

You know what? I'd like to hear the story of why you're in interactive exile, sempai - although that might be something for a cold, dark winter night...

But that does indeed sound like an interesting idea, though! Would be a shame to make it go to waste. And with the last RPG having died down, we might be able to pull it off. Needs a bit of planning before, though, but hell, that's not something we don't know, is it? I'm on it.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS