What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

My first anime was Ranma 1/2 when I was eight... I never watched television, and I was so excited when I was twelve and I got to stay in a house with cable. But I was so disapointed with it all, and I've hated dubs ever since...

Also, I watched Record of Lodoss War, Macross Plus, Devil Hunter Yoko and Love Godess Rei Rei. Ranma was my favorite though. I still have the first season memorized.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

i love ranma, ive got all 7 seasons X3
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Toki

Honto ni!? O___O I've only seen the first and second season (and a few OAVs+the movies)

Ah... ahhha~n ;-; * lost for words *
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

I have 2 discs of ovas too.. but I havent seen the movie ;_; and Ive also got about 25 of the books...

Im a big ranma fan, but for good reasons XD  I liked any show ive seen where a guy turns into a girl by magic or other means :P

Techno the fox

I'd like to add Pokemon and the Digimon series 1.

Now, I don't really have a preference between Japanese with Subtitles and English dubs. As long as the dubs aren't too bad.

...Like Osaka who suddenly aquired a southern accent...

I haven't really seen any of the Ranma series, but I have read the Manga.
Have any of you by chance read a manga called "Tuxedo Jin"?

Also, Some of the Sonic the hedgehog based animes are good.
"Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog" Aka AOSTH is pretty good in a Saturday morning cartoon style. Like looney tunes.

But if you're going to watch Sonic X, I recomend the japanese version.

Toki

Well, in Azumanga Daioh, she speaks with an osakan dialect, which is more... like a new yorkers dialect, but southern is more noticable so thats how they dubbed it. I can understaaand that. I just don't like american dubs... except Porco Rosso. Disney dubs are really good... o.0 おé,ªé­"してすã,,ませã,"が

Added after 4 minutes:

Captain-san, there are two movies! Maybe even three, but I'm not completely for sure, I've only seen two ;-; The movies are really good. I used to have a big crush on ranma, cuz he could turn into a girl. BUT IT WAS OKAY BECAUSE HE WUZ STILL A GUY. RITE? Rite o-o; Another more recent anime where a guy gets turned into a girl is Kashi Mashi, it's so cute *-* I love it so much. Kyaa.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

No, I don't like EN dubs either...It's just unnatural since I started Anime with JP dubs...
*looks at his DVD-box of GITS SAC and his DVD of GITS for wich I had to search THE WHOLE EASTERN HALF OF HOLLAND!!!*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Toki

Yeah >:0 Unnatural. Dats what it is. Unnatural like duh mexicans.

btw I'm half mexican so I know better than most ;-;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

half Dutch, half English, with an ancestral hint of indonesian gipsy, with love for the gljorious Soyuz Sovetskikh Sotsialisticheskikh Respublik and Japan here.
Nice to meet you
*Smiles with a wide, almost insane grin*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

...* burries face in hands to stifle the giggles *

Thats so cool :3 I'm the two most hated races in America. Mexican. And French.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Well...at least you don't refuse to speak ze english, like some other french do.....
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Ah oui? ^^ Is that so?

I feel almost ashamed of myself when I say I'm a pure-bred viking, now.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Toki

Aww... Nordic? :F Thats cool...

I only speak English and japanese... ;-;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

well, the vikings were a misunderstood people...They were really good merchants, and merciless warriors....
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

WAIT! Your french?! Does that mean your delicious sammiches could be french dip?!?! MAH FAVARITE!

QuoteCaptain-san, there are two movies! Maybe even three, but I'm not completely for sure, I've only seen two ;-; The movies are really good. I used to have a big crush on ranma, cuz he could turn into a girl. BUT IT WAS OKAY BECAUSE HE WUZ STILL A GUY. RITE? Rite o-o; Another more recent anime where a guy gets turned into a girl is Kashi Mashi, it's so cute *-* I love it so much. Kyaa.

I seen that one, i found it kinda sad too.    But it was good.  :P  
another good one kinda like that ive seen recently was Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.  He didnt actually turn into a girl, but he dressed like one and went to an all girls school, and became the most popular girl in school X3  very good, you must see it.