What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Still TV anime, vs what you get online/dvd is fail. tho it still surprizes me the aired FMA in the US, that show is pretty messed up.

"wino n" is "win on" with the space in the wroung spot T_T
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Kyo-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Still TV anime, vs what you get online/dvd is fail. tho it still surprizes me the aired FMA in the US, that show is pretty messed up.

"wino n" is "win on" with the space in the wroung spot T_T

Yea, I actually like the japanese version of haruhi, its got more humour to it...

Too bad its only 15 episodes, but I like watching em in different orders, liek a "choose your own story" sorta thing.
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!

CaptBrenden

Personaly I like the english version better.  Im a westerner, western humor i understand better. if a sub titler has to explain a joke in notes above the screen then Im okay without it.  Plus, I think they cast the characters pretty good, none of the usual annoying claw my ears off voices.

Kyo-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Personaly I like the english version better.  Im a westerner, western humor i understand better. if a sub titler has to explain a joke in notes above the screen then Im okay without it.  Plus, I think they cast the characters pretty good, none of the usual annoying claw my ears off voices.

*claws at ear*

yea, I dont perticlularly like reading the subtitles, but it helps me learn japanese.

After i can just watch it dubbed.
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!

Kami-Tux

My first was Captain Tsubasa...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Nevada

Sailor Moon was my first anime, although, I don't know if it was really Sailor Moon, since it aired before (or after) DragonBall Z.

Zalian

Totoro was my first anime, followed by Sailor Moon and later Robotech.
At least I think those are the first ones, I've seen so many that I can't remember. ;138
Red, red, everywhere...

IanDanKilmaster

My first was probably Akira, the very first time it aired on Sci-Fi channel, many many moons ago.  According to Wikipedia (which we all know is the end-all, be-all bastion of accurate knowledge), the original anime programming on Sci-Fi started in the 1990s.  So I'm thinking 1994, 'cos that year sticks out the most to me.  As far as actual serial anime goes, Sailor Moon was probably my first, with DBZ being a a very close second.  Of course, I didn't get a steady diet of anime from that date onward, in fact, I didn't get a chance to start watching anime on a regular basis until a few years back.

It's kind of embarrassing to admit to this, but the main reason I remember Akira as my first is because it just scared the hell outta me when I first saw it (yeah, my wild animation led to easy frights).  Funny watching it now and thinking "I was 8 freakin' years old!  How the hell did I find this scary?!" -__-'

The Choice of a New Generation.

Techno the fox

Quote from: "Zalian"Totoro was my first anime, followed by Sailor Moon and later Robotech.
At least I think those are the first ones, I've seen so many that I can't remember. ;138

O....M....G..
That's the exact same as MINE!!
My first anime was Totoro, Followed by Sailor Moon, and DragonBallZ.

CaptBrenden

HUmm if you count the old shows like that robotech probobly was my first, or thundercats but i didnt really watch it much (i think it sucked personaly...)   However like I stated before, my first REAL anime was Iria: the Zerim animation   on sci fi channels saturday morning anime.. or it may have been their anime week where they played anime movies every day.  i think they have stopped that...

So i guess i had my anime cherry popped twice. Once by the saturday morning cartoons type, and one by the serious buisness anime.

NekOSaka

Shows like Pokemon and DBZ were the first ones that I saw, Tenchi got me hooked though.

U-Know

Probably DBZ or Evangelion. This was way back and I was little and skimmed through the channels. All I remember was a little bit of DBZ and a few hazy scenes of Eva.

xonomech

AAAAAAAAHHHHH A REALY TOO HARD QUESTION!

I belive what my first anime wasssssssss.................. Voltron! and "las Aventuras de Gigi" (the adventures of Gigi) of corse. I have almos 3 years wen i see it... in Mexico of Corse, im talking about 1985 or 1986... then i see the Thundercats and the SilverHawks(well, the animation of the Thundercats and SilverHawks was anime! Watch the credits! There is Japanese people!)...

Mexico has a realy old histoy of anime transmition... my fathers saw  "Heidi" "El Fantasmagorico" (Golden Bat) "Astroboy"(In Black And white) "El Hombre Clon"(someting like "Clone-man", i dont know how it calls, but the draws seems just like Doraemon) "Josefina la Ballena" (Kujira No Hosefiina) and a lot more.

Voltron, Gigi, Thundercats and the SilverHawks, then comes Mazinger, Sebastian (there is a dog, i belibe), Remi, "Capitan Centella" (Moonlight Mask) Astroboy, The White Lion, The Last Unicorn (i see it in VHS) The Blue Buble (Half French and Japanese) Robotech, Peter Pan (There is a anime version of it!) Around the world with Willy Fog (Half Spanish-Japanese Production as well "Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds"), "Same, el duende de la Arena"(Same the Sand Gnome) Maya the Bee, (There is a anime about some rodents how want to go to a island of cats... but i didnt rememember the name)... may be here ends the History of anime in Mexico from 1984 to earlys 90's... well... i saw all this things, but in 1994 i noticed what this was draw in Japan.
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

Smokey

My first one was akira, wich I now have on DVD, and my first bought series is GITS SAC (best anime E-VA)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

nagato

My first anime was sailor moon, then pokemon, digimon, dragon ball z, then gundam wing. My first anime when I actually knew what anime was would be inu-yasha.
Feb 4th 2008. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

"you wanna tangle red?" Stephen Colbert
"I wanna tangle." Conan O\'Brian
"How do you want to settle this?" Stephen Colbert
"I want to settle this a civilized way... with violence, violence ladies and gentlement." Conan O\'Brian
"Lets do it. Come on. I am going to kick your ass." Stephen Colbert.