What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Elfen Lied was acceptable, except the ending. It ruined it all. I mean, srsly. WHY SO GAINAX?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Gainax?

"Acceptable!?"  WFT^^?  Elfen Lied is the best anime EVAR!!!!!!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

With Gainax I mean Gainax ending. I mean, seriously, I couldn't get a squid's ass out of that black hole of an ending, it was DEEP and GRIMDARK and GENERALLY SPEAKING I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING WHAT'S THIS I DIDN'T EVEN so I in your roommate, if you know what I mean.

Red-Machine

Uhh, okay.

I still say it was good...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Well, apart from the ending it was pretty good - however, as with all too many things, that ruined it all for me, so no rewatch this side of the millenia for me.

OS-Kennie

Kennie : Human For Linux Beings ;010

Inseri

My first anime was "Serial Experiment Lain" in 1999. I found it when, one day, I wanted some Winamp skins. I get one skin of this animes and ... I bought the VHS ( I didn't have a DVD reader at this time so ... ) to watched it. I love it ( even if the story is not the easiest to understand ).

svx

My first anime?  Akira (english dub) on a VHS tape in, uhn... 1995? Around there.

Vampire Hunted D followed.  They were from this Afghan dude I went to school with.

Smokey

Ahh, Akira... I have that one on spcial 2-disc edition DVD...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Corvyn

I think my first anime I really watched often was Naruto, and some of that stuff.

Vegapunk

My first anime was SAILOR MOON! I was the only kid in my class who watched it over DBZ and by god, I loved it!

Chocofreak13

o___o...... sailor moon was my first. ~^__^~

i remember getting up at 5 am on saturday when i was 5 yrs old just to watch it on the tv with the volume turned up to like, 4....<D any louder and me and sis would get yelled at. after it was over ghostbusters would be on. :3

after the series ended pokemon filled the void a little.....but then i discovered Cyborg009 (<33333) and everything was alright. untill that ended ;___;
click to make it bigger

Vegapunk

Vaereth

Chocofreak13, Vegapunk
You are not alone, Sailor Moon also^^. Many girls in my age will say that it was their first anime (same as pockemones and Flower Angel Run Run)
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

missingNo

Chobits. Saw my younger sister watching it a couple years back on Anime Network on Demand (shame I can't find it anymore on the iControl system... damn you, TWC!), so I decided to sit down and watch a few of the later episodes offered.

Then I found Youtube... and yeah, now I'm hooked on Spice and Wolf.

In my mind, I don't really consider (yet others I know do) shows like Naruto or Pokemon a real anime. It's been overly bastardized by everyone in the US.