What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Aria: The Zerim animation

i think it was my first real anime too, on saturday morining anime on the Sci Fi channel

Added after 4 minutes:

sorry had the spelling wrong, checked the disc, Iria, the Zeiram animation

this it?

Added after 3 minutes:

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

hicamajig

I think my first was original dragonball, then sailor moon shortly after. XD

kaineru

Hehehe, Sailormoon? My mother loved that one... next to that was Fushigi Yuugi....

CaptBrenden

my mom hated sailor moon, said she was a ditz :p

kaineru

Ouch.... well we can't please everyone....

CaptBrenden

tho Ive started showing her some when I visit, she really liked gunslinger girl

kaineru

GG? Well I dunno whether to say odd or cool... ah well....

ChainsawSakura

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Aria: The Zerim animation

i think it was my first real anime too, on saturday morining anime on the Sci Fi channel

Added after 4 minutes:

sorry had the spelling wrong, checked the disc, Iria, the Zeiram animation

this it?

Added after 3 minutes:

Yes! That is it! Thank you so much for finding that for me! Now I must go ferreting around the Internet t00bz to find this and relive a small part of my childhood.

Do you remember them showing a live action movie based off of this? I blame that movie for giving me my utter bloodlust over Asian B movies that I have now. I can't remember if the movie was good or bad, but still.

CaptBrenden

there were two live action ones before the anime. The anime came after them but its a prequal to the live action. the live action ones were simply called Zeiram and Zeiram 2. Much the way The Red Specticals and Stray Dog both tie into Jin Roh

ChainsawSakura

Ooo, I gotcha. I know that nowadays taking animes and turning them into live action ( Death Note, that Nana Girl movie ) is popular, so I just assumed.

God, all this talking is making me feel so very, very old. *Shakes her cane at all the youngin's on her lawn* Git off with yer shiney animes and yer big pants and beepers and your rap muzak!

CaptBrenden

kaineru

jeffs2009

Tetsuwan atom...

Wow I feel old now.......

Red-Machine

My first was Elfen Lied, and it's the reason I'm still watching anime today.  It was bloody brilliant!  The first time I watched it I had a marathon session and had it done in a whole day.  I then watched it again the next day, and the day after that.  I loved it.

Still to this day, it is the only anime that's made me cry.  I fell in love with Lucy/Nyu and I audibly whimpered at the end when I thought she'd died at the hands of the SAT squads.  I'm watching it again now for like the twentieth time and it still hasn't lost its ability to tug at my heartstrings.

I just got a Nyu wallscroll for my bedroom wall and I actually find myself gazing longingly into her eyes on regular occasions.  To paraphrase Tara from Buffy "I'm under her spell..."

Nyu=love...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Seamore

Just hope she doesn't change to lucy at the most unexpected moment o_o
But yeah, I also love Elfen Lied, a litle bloody, but love it (still,caution must be exercise if any family member close by while watching). Though at the end of it, who is the women figure? It's as if the creator make us guessing the figure at the end is what we want.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---