What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asterlux

OMFG i'm probably going to sound so old here but my first anime was.....*BLUSH* watching the first run of Robotech on American tv EEP *HIDES*

CaptBrenden

Hey, I loved me some robotech as a kid, I still love macross.  I feel its far supeiror to gungam and all the similar shows. Its really the show that made transformable mecha and giant robots popular :P
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

I missed the 80s era by a few years (born 1988), so I unfortunately did not experience that part of early anime fandom.  ^^;

Asterlux

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Hey, I loved me some robotech as a kid, I still love macross.  I feel its far supeiror to gungam and all the similar shows. Its really the show that made transformable mecha and giant robots popular :P

i totaly agree though my own tastes run to strange extremes i suppose its all based around mood for me but some of what i consider classics put me in an odd head state like Akira or NGE or even SE:Lain but i like to watch some of the silly shojo stuff with my daughter even though shes a bit young still to get alot of it

Smokey

Quote from: "SleepyD"I missed the 80s era by a few years (born 1988), so I unfortunately did not experience that part of early anime fandom.  ^^;

You were born in the year my first anime was released, Akira...
And good grief, there's a lot of anime from the year i was born wich i have yet to see...  ;015
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Quotebut i like to watch some of the silly shojo stuff with my daughter
I feel so much like a kid now. ;_;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

So?......... Most of the time i eel like some old relic...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Persona

Mine was Heidi, Girl of the Alps
(one of the titles of World Masterpiece Theater)
The following anime's I saw where all of that same collection (with the exception of Tetsuwan Atom, Mazinga Z and Speed Racer)
I love: Mecha Musume, OS-tan, Furry Girls.

kaineru

Hard to tell, I think it was Voltes V when I was 5, later on, I was able to watch Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Rangers and Slamdunk. After that well otakuism followed....

RandiNinja

Voltus V, it brings back memories!

My friend collecting that stuff, from manga to anime.

I don't find it interesting though! It's so oold...^_^

Compared to the new anime..... it's just ooold! ;047

NejinOniwa

Heidi reminds me of that Gintama episode I watched recently...I LULZ'D.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

retracer

first...
is...

oh,
SNOOPY and his friends.
well, in fact, It's not first, but top in my memory...

second anime is...
-- Marybell or SweetMint and... St. Tail.
these are in Japanese words, -mahou sojyo anime-.
--------------------------------------
Who plait the rope of relation.
Q-ria Miris, the plaintive eyes.
--------------------------------------

Smokey

Ah, snoopy,penuts... Good times... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

kaineru

Quote from: "randi.ninja"Voltus V, it brings back memories!

My friend collecting that stuff, from manga to anime.

I don't find it interesting though! It's so oold...^_^

Compared to the new anime..... it's just ooold! ;047

Yeah I know it's old but people are in to it because of the Super Robo Taisen series most probably...

ChainsawSakura

Wow. .  Lesse, if I can remember right the first anime I saw, and that I remember enjoying, was an anime movie that had a female bounty hunter tracking an alien who could eat something, and make it into a monster. . . Her ship could talk, and I saw it back on the Scifi channel when it was -good- and not riddled with crappy shows and even worse movies.

Then after that it was Galaxy Express 999, and then ( my favorite ) Armitage the Third. It is the basis for my longest standing RP character!