Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I had several while I was sick, but I barely remember any of them, aside from one where I had to sneak into Kari's room to leave a new plushie on her bed.

I do remember the one I had last night, though. In it, I was apparently in college or some other school; as I wondered around campus aimlessly, briefly wondering around the book store before eventually heading toward the elevator. While waiting for the elevator, I saw this little girl come up, who was probably in her mid-teens, wearing a fancy sort of dress like what Sakura Kinomoto wears in battle, and holding a magical staff, while trying to lure a monster to a less crowded area. I end up getting roped in, as I help her trap the monster inside the elevator, so she can seal it away. Woke up right after, sadly

Chocofreak13

i dreamt this morning that I went down to Melissa's apartment for anime boston and forgot all my stuff. my cosplays, everything. ;^;

also had a dream this morning where me, my sister, my mum, my brother in law and our friend Claire went to some Disney water resort that was also part of an aquatic video game my brother in law was playing. there were creepy crabs and exploding oxygen tanks and a water slide. .__.;
click to make it bigger

Bella

You guys, I had the scariest fucking dream I've had in a long time this morning.

I was on what appeared to be the sidewalk of a park, I assume this because the setting was small-town-ish, but there were still trees and stuff around and the area wasn't busy. I was walking along and approached an average-looking woman with two dogs on a leash. One was black and looked roughly like a cross between a lab and a greyhound, the other was a small dalmatian puppy with tan spots. Anyway, we stopped and started talking, and I hesitantly learned down to pet the puppy – even though I'm terrified of dalmatians, I figured a small pup wouldn't exactly be vicious and would be safe to pet. Some time passes and I'm still talking with the woman while playing with the dogs absentmindedly. By this point the puppy wandered out of my FOV and the black dog was lying in my lap, I'm petting it and it seems generally relaxed. Suddenly I get that hair-on-the-back-of-the-neck-standing up feeling. I look down and the dog is in a very tense posture, its bearing its teeth and its jaws are opened just a few inches away from my throat. The owner doesn't seem to know what the fuck to do, and I'm panicking, trying to figure out how to keep from getting my neck teared open / face ripped off / whatever else. I suddenly realized i was dreaming and I jumped (physically jumped) awake.

I feel like the whole point of the dream was "don't fear the small dangers in life (dalmatian puppy), fear the things that seem harmless on the surface".

Chocofreak13

sounds like a psychological issue! :0

the other day, I had a dream that me and my mum were in a high school. I guess she was talking to the principal or something, since I was being bullied by just about everybody in school over something I said or did (and I'm being rather literal with EVERYONE). when we were exiting the lunchroom (either so we could meet the principal or she could take me home), I overheard a girl complaining how hard her homework was. curious, I went over, and saw it was simple algebra (PEMDAS, actually), so I hovered over and explained how to do it. idk where my mother went, I think she continued without me. :0

this morning I had the most depressing dream I've had in awhile. I suppose it was a (very) special episode of King of the Hill, but the setting and characters were a bit different; they were attending a big school dance in some lovely ballroom in a very cold place (pure snow and ice outside), Joseph had different parents (he was Hispanic now) and some siblings. the jist of it was, towards the end of the night, Joseph went missing, so the attendees mounted a search to find him. turns out he had intended to leave the party early, had gotten on his winter coat and gotten on his bike, but had lost control and fallen off a ledge and into a snowbank. Bobby found him, dead, either by having his neck broken or freezing to death. His (new) parents were sobbing on TV on the news about the incident and Bobby completely changed, becoming sullen and withdrawn. I could literally feel the lump forming in my throat as I watched. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Reminds me of a dream I had years ago; where I was working on the yard and was bit by a snake. Made all the creepier by the fact the very next day, dad was working on the yard and found a snake, although a harmless one at least .___.;

@Kari: :[

Can't remember the dream I had last night (I think it involved my PDP-11-tan cosplay?), but the night before I had a dream where I went on a trip to "New York"...which was actually more a bizarre mash-up of the downtown areas of Palestine and Tyler, that felt absolutely nothing like it -w-;;

Chocofreak13

we had determined that texas was one end of the universe and boston was the centre but if new York's in texas, I suppose that means the entire confines of the US is there, too. :0
click to make it bigger

Bella

SPEAKING of geographical-location-dreams-that-don't-match-their-locations, last night I fucking dreamed I was vacationing in Iran.

Sadly nothing especially exciting or Persian occurred, just milling around inside a large, old, but also very poorly-lit Arabesque structure with dark marble walls and tiled floors. It wasn't particularly well-furnished but I had the impression it was in regular use, perhaps the lobby of a hotel or office building. I was waiting for my flight home. Some other things happened but i forget what they were.

Nichi

Strange :\

So, I had one last night. In it, I was at a garage sale being held at the church mom goes to; where I found a lot of computer and video game stuff of note. What I clearly remember seeing was a Sega Light Phaser for the Master System, a Dreamcast keyboard (Which was black, for some reason; normally those are white), and the most noteworthy bit of all, a slightly-yellowed DEC monitor (It appeared to be a VGA monitor; nothing too special beyond the brand name on it). I remember scouring the location in hopes of there maybe being a DEC workstation of some sort, but I woke up before I could find anything.

Simonorged

I'm in the lunchroom, talking to a few of my friends when one of the new girls walks up, we talk normally for a few minute but then she gets annoyed for some reason, she takes of her shirt and proceeds to just stands there in a bra. "I'm sick of this uniform." she says. She then takes off her bra and pants and walks away, leaving her cloths on the floor, I spend the rest of the dream trying to get her to put them back on.

Still better than the night before when my best friend got raped by a succubus(also a dream) -w-;
Simon was here :P

winduko

Every year I have a weird dream around late April in regards to my internet life for the next year.

The first (and previous) two years, my dreams were about Neopets.

This year, my dream was about OS-tan.

I don't remember these dreams in great detail, but I do remember reading about 95-tan on some top-secret site or something. I knew it was that dream because I typically dreamt about my favourite characters, and my favourite OS-tan is 95-tan.

Last year, my dream wasn't much different except for that I was reading about my favourite Neopets character.

Nichi

@Duko: Cool :3
I've had a few OS-tan related dreams over the years; most of which involve 2k-tan (My favorite). The best part is, in most of them, she's usually there in-person with me; often on some sort of adventure...or in the case of one, she and I are snuggling >w>;;

Simonorged

A huanted house, very much 1900s. A team of ghost hunters, me being one.
A box that helps us through every part of the house.

The box follows us, appears behind us everytime we turn around.
But besides the fact that it was creepy we pay it no mind.
It was a sort of clockwork mechanism, that had a handle to crank.
It helped us get through every part of the house.
it was also broken, even though it worked fine.
It looked like this

Except it was pad locked shut

By the end of the dream I wondered how it was even working,
I mean it had gears falling out every few steps.So at the end of the
place I set it on the counter, the other guy and I are talking about it
when the box itself lets out a blood curtling scream then
launched itself against the wall, breaking open.
blood, guts, and chunks of flesh falling out of it.
The whole house starts to crumble, but I wasn't able to see the rest of it.
I can still hear the screaming
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

that's called a rolltop desk. my aunt had one when i was little, they're pretty neat. :0

i've been having dreams recently, but i can't remember the details. wish i had posted yesterday, since i'd have been able to remember then.
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Simon: Freaky dream. D:

@Kari: Same here. It's pretty annoying. :/

This morning I had a dream that Stew started working/living out in the middle of fuck nowhere and we got into a fight because of it. D:

Chocofreak13

that's not a dream, bells, that's the future. :[
click to make it bigger