your favorite anime

Started by Green, June 28, 2007, 09:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Negima has twisted its back recently.

Every chapter the "Asuna is gone, but nobody cares about it" shit makes me RAGE. Really.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

juanjisimo

I just can't select only one but let's say love hina!!!

retracer

Magicknight Rayearth
Chobits
Card Captor Sakura
Tsubasa Chronicles
Angelic Layer....

yeah! I like all of CLAMP works. ^^
--------------------------------------
Who plait the rope of relation.
Q-ria Miris, the plaintive eyes.
--------------------------------------

CaptBrenden

indeed, and those are some good ones : 3

I especialy liked Angelic Layer and chobits.  Tho, the show for angelic layer was much better then the manga, the manga was too brief.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Red-Machine

Yeah, I don't like the second series of Negima.  The new director SUCKS.  I thought the original had a lot of fanservice, but this...

The animation is also crap compared to the original and he changed a lot of stuff around, like hair and eye colours.  And he practically turned Konoka into a lesbian.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

CaptBrenden

Actually, in the terms of quality animation its the second one that excels and the first that was a total let down.  I love Mr. Akamatsus works, and after the quality animation done on love hina, I rather expected Negima to be awesome when it came out, but the animation was.... horrible.  It followed the original story as best it could, untill the end where they made some shit up (typical of anime), but I had a hard time getting past how adrocious the art was.  plus, compaired to the original manga, it had NO fan service. not even a little.  The preview videos they released showed fan service just as it was in the manga but the same sceans in the actual show had them cut. For instance the scean in the begining where negi makes asunas skirt blow up to show the bear panties, in the manga and the preview they both showed her skirt blowing up and the print on the panties, but in the show they just showed the print and hinted that it was on her panties.

the second series, as where it ventured away from the original story and redesigned some things like the look of the classroom etc, had pretty impressive vivid and eye catching animation. To me, it was fun to watch dispite the raping of the story, heck it was pretty halarious.  I plan on getting it for my collection.

Red-Machine

I'm not sure, but my boxest of Negima series 1 has fanservice.  A lot of panty shots with Asuna and whatnot.

CaptBrenden

I collected them peice meal, but I have the series, and the fan subs, no fan service. not one panty shot or anything.  Unless the redrew sceans completely for the box set, which I think is highly unlikely, I have no idea what fanservice your talking about.

Red-Machine

*low whistle*

I can't count the times I saw Asuna's panties on Negima.  Including the time when he burned them off, and instead of white you see pink...

CaptBrenden

In the negima series I have, when he destroys her panties, it shows her face and chest as she looks down horrified and you see bits or torn fabric blowing up so you know what happened without showing it.

Red-Machine

One mine you can definetly see SOMETHING down there.

CaptBrenden

anyhow, Id hardly concider that fan service, especialy compaired to the original works in the manga. Still, i watch it cus I love the girls and I find it funny, not for the fan service.

Red-Machine

Yeah, me too.  Fanservice doesn't really interest me.

NejinOniwa

Essentially, there's a niche for THAT and there's the non-niche for every other kind of animation.

Keep them well apart for the best, I'd say~
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

For myself, it's a very close between Fullmetal Alchemist and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.