Touhou

Started by SleepyD, June 09, 2007, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on April 24, 2011, 04:58:52 PM
GAIZ, LOOK. TH13 DEMO!
http://www.mediafire.com/?o3lnq6s0yedld76

Youmu is actually very, very nice to play as. -w-

I posted this link the day it came out but anyway...

ZUN, OUR GOD HAS BESTOWED UPON US A GREAT GAME -DEMO- WHICH IS AWESOME (Other than Sakuya not being included...maybe she will be the Final Boss!?!?)

Cheers mate!

CanaryTan

I love touhou <33333
i have games 1-12.8
:3
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

NejinOniwa

Wait what

Why do you have the PC-98 ones anyway?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CanaryTan

Because, i want to have nearly all of them >:3

Dr. Kraus

Did you have physical copies or just the torrent downloaded ROMS (I'm guessing ROMS because not many people outside Japan would have physical copies due to computer compatibility issues)? I have a physical copy of TH6 which is always sitting on my desk (I also have the packaging it came in because its covered in Japanese stamps which looks really awesome).

CanaryTan

Th06 was the very first touhou game I played.
<33333333333
I'm planning on buying a physical copy of 12. 6 is my favorite and 12 comes in a close second x3

Bella

A question: Is it possible to appreciate Touhou fully, without ever playing the games?

Usually I think a person needs experience with a video game to appreciate the fandom surrounding it, but Touhou seems to have such a HUGE fanbase and so many fan comics, artworks, etc, that it seems like you could know a lot about the characters, setting and story without ever touching the actual game. Y/N?

Dr. Kraus

Y

but I recommend you play at least one touhou game (Other than the fighting games) so you don't meet a touhou fan that goes "Wat is ur favorite game!?" and you end up having to say "Never played."

NejinOniwa

Kraus' post sums it up p/y well.

Personally though...

I CAN'T DECIDE, DAMNIT. >_>
I mean, 6-8 are good as hell. 9 is pretty sweet, and also the one I ever came closest to clearing. 10, meh. 11 was the first I played. 12 HAS UFOS AND AWESOME SHIT.

So LOLIDUNNO?

Dr. Kraus

Lets just go with the fact that they are all great and awesome games?

I'm going to hook up my X-Arcade to a computer and play a touhou fighting game along with some other classics

I'll post pictures later.

Bella

@Kraus and Nej: That makes sense, thanks.

I've never been motivated to play the games outside of seeing what they're actually like... it looks bastardly difficult. .__.;

NejinOniwa

Yes. Yes, they are.

Nichi

I've wanted to try the series, although the only problem is the one I downloaded (Perfect Cherry Blossom) was unfortunately corrupt. Maybe once I find another site that has it, I can finally test my might and see how good I am at a game I've heard is hard as a rock

CanaryTan

and this, http://the-hakurei-shrine.deviantart.com/blog/39294940/
If you're like me and you don't have the time and patience to wait for torrents~