Favorites in the media

Started by Bella, May 22, 2007, 12:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

That even makes for a nice short form!

Fantasy - F - Fiction
Sci-Fi - SF - Speculative Fiction

Yar!

And also nice to see someone caring about the old works - kudos to ye, gummster!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Acher13

i think my life changed 3 years ago where i didnt get any chance to watch tv programme at home.. then i move out to live on my own in apartment where i dun have tv at all..
my only source of entertaintment is just watching anime on my notebook and read some manga i pilled up

Xeon

hmmm dont watch a lot of tv shows the only ones i like are Heroes,The Simpsons,Mythbuster(my fav) and hard gay(its a japanese comedy show) i dont enjoy going to cinemas i prefer watching a movie on tv.

I mostly like sci-fi fantasy adventure and humor mostly humor books i read are books like the Voyager,shang-grilla,the davinci code the LOTR,the harry potter series and my two fav books are How to survive a zombie outbreak and How to Survive a Robot Invasion(you never know when it might happen now)

Music i mostly enjoy J-Pop,Abingdon high school,ukug,aya hirano,manzo,antistar,dragonforce(currently listening to valley of the dammed while typing this) and some which i probably forgot ~pyoro :3

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

NejinOniwa

...for some reason, when i read this, i feel like someone has cloned me when i didn't notice...

...or maybe it's just that I'm a bit drunk right now. Ehehehe.

Icelilly

Besides anime, when it to television shows, I'm a HUGH fan of South Park. As well as some of of the TV shows that parent watched when they grew in up in the 70s. I still watch a a lot of cartoons where Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, and PowerPuff Girls are some examples. Other then that, I don't watch much television anymore now that reality shows are the big thing.

For music, I'll listen to just about that's thrown in the stero. The only things I don't listen to are Rap/Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Blues. I do listen to a little bit of Country but I'm not a big fan of that either.

I'm not really a movie type person. The only movies I ever liked were South Park Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Team America, And Then There Were None, and a bunch of anime films.

As for books, I like writing them then reading them but I really enjoyed reading And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie) and Pretend You Don't See Her (Mary Higgins Clark). I also really want to read the book Great Expectations. <3

Kami-Tux

I think you can now easily see my preferences in terms of music, eh? :) I just realized I wrote nothing about it.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

Same as Kami here, didn't write anyyhing 'bout tastes in music.

I'm actually very open to all kinds of music except for rap and hip-hop, I loathe those. My favourite music style is baroque, romantic and classical, in that order.

NejinOniwa

Rap and hip-hop are not music. They're noise. -.-

Gummster

NejinOniwa

They do not contain singing or disted electric guitars - therefore they suck!

Gummster

Wait then you're saying that most of all baroque/classic/romantic which I adore suck, that is not cool dude.

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Rap and hip-hop are not music. They're noise. -.-
AGREED. Nuff said.

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Rap and hip-hop are not music. They're noise. -.-

Some rappers are really witty and have melodic music. For an example of this, search for 'Fettes Brot' and their song 'Jein!'. I normally do not care that much about these sorts of music, but I used to know that song by heart.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

Ah, a challenger appears.

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"Some rappers are really witty and have melodic music. For an example of this, search for 'Fettes Brot' and their song 'Jein!'. I normally do not care that much about these sorts of music, but I used to know that song by heart.

It's true - there ARE rappers you can listen to without bleeding your ears out, but most hip-hop these days don't qualify as music on my spreadsheet.

Oh and Gummi, Classical and Baroque stuff has violins and ORCHESTRA. That's a whole different level of awesome.
(ever heard me saying your works were bad? oi -w-)