What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

@Red: Spoken like a PC fanboi. -.-

I don't get the vitriol against Apple mice, I like them. I like my Mighty Mouse, I like the Puckmouse, I like the mouse my 128k Macintosh came with. They look beautiful and work fine, what's to complain about? : /

Red-Machine

Only one button.  And, in the case of all of them Apple Pro mouse and beyond, no button technically.  I can't work having to use keyboard shortcuts for my rightclick, dammit.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

svx

That one button thing is the devil!

But the touchpads on Macbook Pro's are amazing :)

Look away Krizonar!

...But that's the only redeeming quality Apple-in-California products have!
Besides how awesome they look
...but that unnatural white color doesn't beat matte black either! :p

Krizonar

One button is ideal for me, as I am left handed and place my mouse on the left side of the keyboard.
Windos mouses frustrate me because I hit the right click button all the time and do things I don't want to do.
Me + Logitech = especially lulzy
"so how do you hold this thing?"

Besides, keyboard commands are where it's at, you're not going for speed if you're using a mouse in the first place.

/CMD+OP+CTRL+8

PS; only reason I don't have a Magic Trackpad is I'm really strong and push down hard on my mouse. Magic Trackpads slid away when I used them in the Apple Store, despite the bottoms being designed to prevent that.

svx

It bothers me that people are good at using that Logitech mouse :p

Red-Machine

Quote from: Krizonar on March 21, 2011, 11:13:03 PMWindos mouses frustrate me because I hit the right click button all the time and do things I don't want to do.

That's why you set it to "Left-handed operation", which switches the mousebuttons.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

i'm a little late....
but i use a hello kitty mouse. :3
and the trackpad when i have it unplugged.

occasionally i'll use one of the school's tablets (wacoms, damn they rock, plus my tablet's broken :\). i also have this lulzy old IBM brick mouse from the late 80's-early 90's lying around. ^^
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 22, 2011, 06:00:32 AM
Quote from: Krizonar on March 21, 2011, 11:13:03 PMWindos mouses frustrate me because I hit the right click button all the time and do things I don't want to do.

That's why you set it to "Left-handed operation", which switches the mousebuttons.
That doesn't solve the problem of it's existence or ability to frequently be ridiculously counterproductive.

svx

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 22, 2011, 12:03:55 PM
i'm a little late....
but i use a hello kitty mouse. :3

You could be a pro at Quake! You'd own the European Quake League single-handedly with a mouse like that and a HUD like this:

Chocofreak13

the only first person shooter i've ever been good at is 007 Goldeneye for the N64. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on March 22, 2011, 03:38:52 PMThat doesn't solve the problem of it's existence or ability to frequently be ridiculously counterproductive.

This.

I don't get why simplicity is often such an alien notion to Windows users... >__>

Chocofreak13

@bella: i find windows to be simpler than mac....
click to make it bigger

Bella

If you use anything long enough it'll become simple; but as somebody who used Windows for 11 years and an on-and-off user of GNU/Linux for about four years now, I can attest that OSX is spectacularly intuitive. -w-

svx

I've played with a few Macs before, but never for very long

This is a repeating scenario every time:

me:  How do I open a terminal again?
brother:  Hover the mouse over the apple logo and hammer the page down key blah blah (whatever magic it really is, you get the point :p)
me:  Ahh, cool... Hey, it has gcc. I miss my computer now

And then I swear to learn how to use a Mac properly, but never do  :(

stewartsage

I used Macs side by side with PC's for eighteen years without developing an overwhelming fondness for or fanboyish devotion to either one.  Though to be honest I never saw Mac as very 'simple'.

Does that make me the only person like that in the world?