Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midori

I have:

Intel Core i5-3210M Processor
6 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro (x64)

I'm using an ASUS laptop that it was bought back in 2013.

Triplex

Arch Linux, I talk about it in a different post. My laptop also runs Arch Linux but the laptop is a Dell Latitude E6420, also called the Weed machine bc it's got 420 in it's model # but it's got 12GB of RAM and has 1TB HDD.
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.

Goujer (she/her)

Weed machine is a good name. 420 blaze it man.

Nichi

My main laptop is a ThinkPad T420; I chose it because it was the last generation to have a classic style keyboard, and also because weed memes LOL

Bella

Main/gaming rig:
Homemade, ca. 2019
2.8 GHz Intel i5-8400
16GB RAM
Nvida RTX 2060
512GB SSD
Windows 10
Built this because I was tired of playing games on low quality and still getting crappy framerates on my old potato of a desktop (see below), and because I'd always wanted to build my own computer ... not disappointed, it was a blast to make and it seems to be handling my games fine.

Laptop:
Asus K510 15.6'', ca. 2016
2.5GHz i7-6500
8GB RAM
Nvida GTX 960
512GB SSD
Windows 10
Used this as my development machine when I was as school. Now it's mostly my streaming computer or the thing I take along on trips.

Other Desktop:
Mac Pro, ca. 2012
3.33GHz Xeon W3680
1TB SSD (main)
Windows 10 (main)
This was my main rig, it cycled through a few OSes but I'd been running Windows on it near-exclusively since its Mac drive started to die a few years back. I'd like to find a way to repurpose it but I don't know how I will since I don't have the desk space for multiple computers, and don't really need/use OSX anymore.

Bonus - Work Laptop:
Macbook Pro
2.6 GHz i7
Radeon Pro 560X
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
High Sierra
This is "my" development computer. It's pretty nice but I think it's been overheating lately.

Nichi

Nice. I sadly haven't built another desktop since 2kME-tan (Which was recently revived as something to experiment with; running Windows XP x64 Edition nicely, as a machine for playing older Windows games).

zwakbs3

Quote from: Bella on April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PMWhat brand of computer are you using? And what about your OS(s)?

I myself am on an emachines (AKA Gateway), running XP Home Edition.

(BTW, not sure if this should be moved to the games forum...sorry if I'm wrong...)
I'm using a Fujitsu laptop running on Windows 11 here (specs: Intel Core i7-8550U + Intel UHD Graphics 620 + 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD) (before I used a Dell laptop (running Windows 10 before, but now it's Kubuntu) with Intel Core i3-5005U + AMD Radeon R7 M260 + 4GB RAM + 512GB HDD though (upgraded into a 256GB SSD not long after)). 
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Quote from: Bella on April 28, 2019, 05:13:45 PMMain/gaming rig:
Homemade, ca. 2019
2.8 GHz Intel i5-8400
16GB RAM
Nvida RTX 2060
512GB SSD
Windows 10
Built this because I was tired of playing games on low quality and still getting crappy framerates on my old potato of a desktop (see below), and because I'd always wanted to build my own computer ... not disappointed, it was a blast to make and it seems to be handling my games fine.

Laptop:
Asus K510 15.6'', ca. 2016
2.5GHz i7-6500
8GB RAM
Nvida GTX 960
512GB SSD
Windows 10
Used this as my development machine when I was as school. Now it's mostly my streaming computer or the thing I take along on trips.

Other Desktop:
Mac Pro, ca. 2012
3.33GHz Xeon W3680
1TB SSD (main)
Windows 10 (main)
This was my main rig, it cycled through a few OSes but I'd been running Windows on it near-exclusively since its Mac drive started to die a few years back. I'd like to find a way to repurpose it but I don't know how I will since I don't have the desk space for multiple computers, and don't really need/use OSX anymore.

Bonus - Work Laptop:
Macbook Pro
2.6 GHz i7
Radeon Pro 560X
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
High Sierra
This is "my" development computer. It's pretty nice but I think it's been overheating lately.
Well, any thin laptop with aluminum unibody and dedicated GPU will overheat a lot. I forced my (thin, aluminum unibody) Dell laptop to run on it's dedicated GPU (cause Linux doesn't support hybird GPUs smh), and it's really hot whenever I'm using it. 
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Quote from: Penti-chan on April 29, 2019, 01:17:51 PMNice. I sadly haven't built another desktop since 2kME-tan (Which was recently revived as something to experiment with; running Windows XP x64 Edition nicely, as a machine for playing older Windows games).
Hey, can I have the source for your profile picture? (as in character name and anime name, not the link to the pic)
fun is fun

Nichi

Quote from: zwakbs3 on August 10, 2021, 08:05:23 PMHey, can I have the source for your profile picture? (as in character name and anime name, not the link to the pic)

It's been a long time; all I really recall is she's a character from Love Live

zwakbs3

Quote from: Penti-chan on August 11, 2021, 08:36:21 PMIt's been a long time; all I really recall is she's a character from Love Live
Good enough, thanks for helping me narrowing down the source
fun is fun

zwakbs3

Quote from: zwakbs3 on August 10, 2021, 07:56:54 PMI'm using a Fujitsu laptop running on Windows 11 here (specs: Intel Core i7-8550U + Intel UHD Graphics 620 + 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD) (before I used a Dell laptop (running Windows 10 before, but now it's Kubuntu) with Intel Core i3-5005U + AMD Radeon R7 M260 + 4GB RAM + 512GB HDD though (upgraded into a 256GB SSD not long after)). 
Okkkk, time for updating the format of this:
Main laptop:
Fujitsu Lifebook E459
1.8 GHz (max clock speed 4.0 GHz) Intel Core i7-8550U
8GB of RAM, clock speed at somewhere between 2133 and 2200 MHz
Intel UHD Graphics 620
1TB HDD made from Western Digital
This is my main laptop, it had Windows 11 before, but I decided to install Linux (Zorin OS 16 Core) cause Windows on a HDD is shitty as hell.

Secondary/gaming laptop:
Dell Inspiron 5000-series (can't remember the exact model)
2.0 GHz Intel Core i3-5005U
4GB of RAM, same clock speed as the main one
Intel HD Graphics 5000 / AMD Radeon R7 M260
256GB SSD (brought to you by our friend Western Digital again)
Was my main laptop 3 years ago, had Kubuntu before, but due to overheating issues + hybird GPU not supported natively, I decided to switch to Windows 11.

Main phone: Nokia X10
Qualcommn Snapdragon 480 5G
Adreno 619 GPU (the same GPU on the Snapdragon 750G)
6GB RAM
128GB ROM
Have it as my main for about 3 weeks now. It's pretty fantastic and feels good to use, considering the specs, the price and the software (Android 11, with Android One (that means 2 years of system updates and 3 years of security updates). 
fun is fun

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Hālian on March 26, 2019, 12:48:57 AMI mainly post from Stillstorm, a hackintosh with the following parts/specs:

(snip)

I also have my primary laptop, Moonglow, which also runs Windows 10.

Update: Stillstorm now has 16 GB RAM and an 8 TB HDD as well; it triple-boots Windows 10, Mac OS 11 "Big Sur", and Artix Linux.

Moonglow dual-boots Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.15 "Catalina".

Hālian He/him

Update: I've built a new computer, named Fireblade, which dual-boots Windows 7 and Artix Linux.

Moonglow no longer runs Mac OS.

Nichi

Figured it's about time to update my lists

2k-tan the Desktop [V1.8]
Model: Custom
CPU: Core i7 [3.5Ghz]
RAM: 12GB
SSD: 500GB (+1TB HDD)
(My daily driver; still holding out well but some newer games I want to play won't run on here)

Minuet
Model: MacBook Air (M1)
CPU: Apple M1
RAM: 8GB
SSD: 256GB
(My main laptop; very light and easy to travel with)

Asagi IV
Model: ThinkPad T420
CPU: Core i5 [2.5Ghz]
RAM: 8GB
SSD: 500GB
(My secondary laptop; mostly used at home since its battery life isn't great)