What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

this is my home connection, may later visit my friend's internet cafe to do it there

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 16, 2013, 08:57:45 PM
interesting. :0
I'd say Pathetic... I oughta Hand Carlitos Slim for it

Nichi

I'm typing this from my grandma's new desktop; which I have finished assembly of. About to download some aitivirus software, and then transport it to her office later :3

Dr. Kraus

Connected to Swedish VPN server, quite good for bouncing a couple of times then connecting then doing the test back here to Pittsburgh!

My VPN is adding some more servers, mainly in Europe at the moment and I'm waiting to see if they will add a Asia server so I can get both free European TV and Asia TV...

Chocofreak13

guys, guys, i have a problem ><;;

Re:Dial came in the mail today, and while the CD is lovely, the DVD is region-locked and i'm wondering how to go about making my DVD Drive regionless. i found a guide online, but there's a SLIGHT chance of killing the drive in the process, so i thought i'd ask for OSC's advice first. ;^;

the guide~
another one~
something else~
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
http://www.wisebread.com/make-your-dvd-player-region-free-in-seconds

I assume the DVD is set to Region 1, right? Try the links above. If it didn't work,

Try investing in a region free DVD player
Or use VLC or something.

NejinOniwa

Changing video player doesn't change your region coding, bro...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@leaf: dude....

1. i'm IN region 1. why would i need to unlock if the dvd WAS region 1.
2. i already use VLC, duh. who doesn't here?
3. because i use VLC what i need is to change the locking at the hardware level. and "invest in a regionless dvd player lololololol" fuck you and your money.
(sorry. i'm crabby this morning and a smart-alecky response like that is getting on my nerves. besides, "investing" in one when i only have one region-locked dvd isn't exactly an investment. and even then, this is the computer's dvd drive we're talking here. not exactly the kind of thing you go shopping at wal-mart for.)

@nej: any ideas? when i posted that i was kinda aiming for a response from either you or kraus....
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Well I'm sorry for sounding like a know-it-all in that earlier post but did the links help you?

NejinOniwa

I'd say patch the thing, personally.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

a know-it-all actually has to know something--
@leaf: considering the article just links back to the other site you posted, no. i'm NOT unlocking a DVD PLAYER, it's a DRIVE. searched both the model and model number and i got bupkis.

@nej: how do i go about that again.... ~__~;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Ohhh.

You're gonna have to use DVD Decrypter for this.
http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Chocofreak13

better, but i don't want to make a COPY of the disk, i just want to play it. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Leaf: It might not be what she's looking for, but that's something I've been looking for. Thanks ^^