What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

1) I'm in Best Buy fondling computers while I wait for my freakin' movie to start.

2) Now I'm typing on a Macbook Air running OSX Lion.

MY MORRRRRRTAAAAAAAAL FOE.

NejinOniwa

Wut movie, lol?

Also DAT FEEL OF OS'ES YOU CAN'T STAND.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

my teacher thought that everyone used macs.
i picked up my HP.
he was like, "great! you don't need to download a special program to read this!"

^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Now, if only I could type this from RedHat 5.2...that is, if that OS is capable of internet anything xD

@Kari: Nice one :3

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 25, 2012, 05:55:37 PM
my teacher thought that everyone used macs.
i picked up my HP.
he was like, "great! you don't need to download a special program to read this!"

^^
I'm curious as to what a pc reads natively that a mac doesn't besides an obvious .exe, my pc can't even read a pdf or ANYTHING.

Bella

Back at home (FINALLY) and on my iMac/Snow Leopard. ;w;

Red-Machine

Linus Torvalds, eat your heart out.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Um, what, exactly, are you doing? And why so #censored?

Bella

Obviously, Nej, he's protesting internet censorship.

NejinOniwa

Nichi

So, my sister and I have noticed that Asagi suddenly feels much slower than she used to, so after 1+ year running the same unmodified OEM installation of Windows 7 (From before I got her until now), I'm finally going to reformat...but, I'm not sure if I want to go with the recovery partition or not. While it saves me from downloading drivers, it also means having to weed out the bloatware before I can do anything.

So, should I just use the software I have to crack my copy of Professional, or have somebody mail me a cracked copy of Ultimate?

Red-Machine

Always go legit whenever you can, saves trouble later on.  Just use the recovery partition; safest and easiest bet.

NejinOniwa

No, red. While it would be nice for it to be that way, it doesn't work like that. M$ isn't logical at times. Quite honestly, cracking a copy and getting it to work is far easier than properly setting up a fresh  install with a legit copy like you're supposed to.

It's fucking stupid, but that's that.

Red-Machine

Legit is always the best option.  For a start it's the only legal one, and you don't have to worry about pre-installed malware, bad hack tools or other possible issues down the line.

Pirate when you have to, not all the time.

NejinOniwa

No, red.

Legit is SUPPOSED to be the best option, I give you that. But it doesn't quite fill the shoes, being as much of a fucking hassle as it is to go through with, and halfdamn impossible to maintain properly. Did you know? Back in the days of Windows XP, the owners of legit copies got swarmed by Windows Genuine Advantage fucking their lives up. The pirates (who knew what they were doing, at least - I have to assume some people got caught in the net) never even noticed until media started throwing it around. And the same holds true for most anti-piracy efforts M$ have been throwing out. Nothing is different, now.

Besides. Pre-installed malware? What did you think pirates do, buy their copies on disc from Brazil?