What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

That's just a google translate link.  She wants the software translated.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 12, 2011, 04:10:40 PM
No computers where released on my birthday. To be exact, nothing I find interesting happened on that day except for me

Too bad. D:

I remembered what system it was that was debuted in January - SAGE. Does that mean it's like my vintage computer zodiac? *0*

/Wants to do vintage computer/OS-tan zodiacs now

NejinOniwa

I share a birthday with...

Eh. No. Let's not go there.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Red-Machine on August 12, 2011, 05:26:04 PM
That's just a google translate link.  She wants the software translated.

What, I need to download the software and translate it? I'll do that when I get back to Da Burgh (Pittsburgh) on Sunday. Translating here at my grandparents house would be a pain.

In other news, I'm using my grandparent's Macintosh Power Mac G4 which has a a Power PC G4 CPU clocking in at about 740 MHz and has 770 MB of RAM. Works quite well with OSX 10.4 aka Tiger installed and I'm going to take the Mac OS X Tiger disk home so I can install it on my Macintosh Power Mac G3 (currently running Tiger but needs a fresh install after having the hard drive switched out.) and finally have an OK Macintosh running and usable which would be nice...

Chocofreak13

i wasn't expecting the software translated, but if you're willing to do that for me i'll do some fanart for you in return. and the 'english' tab doesn't work anymore, most of the links i found to that site were in 'english' and i guess either tanky doesn't like them or the links expired long ago. the program hasn't been updated since 04, anyway. :\

and lol, your grandparents know how to use the computer? nice. 8)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Whoa dude, since when do I have a working Vista VM? *_______________*;;

Chocofreak13

since you started computing in your sleep? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I still say, Vista is a ninja. That's how she got on there without you realizing it

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 12, 2011, 09:47:37 PM
and lol, your grandparents know how to use the computer? nice. 8)

My grandpa is still in the business field and still goes to alot of business meetings (he is the co-founder of RPS which is now known as Fed Ex Ground) so he can handle a computer well (he has an iPad that he uses all the time). My grandma can handle email and some other stuff but doesn't use the computer much, mainly she uses a Kindle for reading.

Chocofreak13

heh, that's pretty cool. i get the feeling that if my grandpa had retired maybe 5 or 10 years later than he did, he'd know how to use the computer. :3

my grandparents have an early XP laptop (under a gig of ram, omg!) that they got from a relative in canada, but my grandpa doesn't seem too interested in learning to use it. ^^;
i've tried to show my grandma, but it's a bit tough to explain and whenever i tried my sister would butt in and use all this technical jargon that we're used to using (terms like hard drive and usb), and basically unintentionally undermine my efforts. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Both my grandmas know how to use a computer, although the one on my mom's side understands it a lot better than the one on my dad's side; seeing as working with them was a requirement for the job she had at the time.

As for my grandma on my dad's side, she knows how to do what she wants, but even then, something always goes wrong; which I often have to fix (Of course, her PCs need help badly; barely enough RAM to support XP, tons of pointless junk overloading the RAM at startup, constantly catching every last virus...). I'd switch her to Ubuntu, which would greatly decrease the chances of a virus, but remembering how the switch from 3.11 to 95 went, it's probably not such a good idea...

Speaking of the switch, after my uncle installed 95, grandma sat in front of the computer for an hour waiting for Program Manager to come up so she could start working

Bella

Out of my three grandparents... I think one knows how to use a computer with any sort of competence. My stepgrandmother emails people regularly, makes newsletters and is on Facebook (thank god she hasn't found out I have one and attempted to friend me yet, lol >>), I know my other grandmother can "use" a computer but she can't really USE it. My grandfather got out of the working-with-computers-business after WWII. -w-

Chocofreak13

i wonder if my grampy trigvey can use a computer......

EDITEDIT: well, i fixed the computer problem i was having with tanky. ^^; but from here on out, no one reccomend me programs unless i ask for it. EVER. >:[
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Windows 7 Ultimate
Asus P5E3 Premium
2Gb 1333MHz DDR3
Radeon 4870 WAIT, YOU'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE HAVEN'T YOU :7

In summary, DELTA is now alive again. Granted, she's not in the best of conditions, seeing as how her notifications area is all weird and she still crashed swiftly the first time i booted her. BUT - having completed a 2.5h service as Minecraft server host without a single issue (except a tiny glitch in the game that I think has more to do with that code), I think it's safe to say that she should be very possible to fix to optimal capacity again. And if I can get my hands on some moar RAM and possibly a new graphics card, I can really run her up to proper power levels once more. HAIL CAESAR, THE TITAN LIVES! <3<3<3<3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

can't keep a good dog comp down, no ya can't keep a good dog comp down.....♫
click to make it bigger