FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

hence why i said LOOK INTO THE FACE OF EVIL

(it's kind of hard not to be when your mantra is "cleanse the earth, yay!" : D )
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Working on a updated style WinPho tan drawing. Since im not good with making the basic figure, i used Nanao Bing as a help, but after i had the basic figure down, the rest i've done so far is my own work.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

cute. I like the hair bows.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I present: Metra! A slightly updated WP-tan for WP8. :)

I took a WP7-tan i found online, used nanao bing as a base, threw in some Kyoko from Yuru Yuri, and added a Microsoft logo to boot.

Whatdya guys think?

Pardon any anomalies or errors. Im not the best at color and shading. ;w;

Krizonar

I enjoy the tiles as buttons on her coat. The colors are also nice and appropriate, although I believe the rainbow in her eyes could be windows logo colors, it is acceptable as is.

She does seem a little too friendly to me though. Why is she looking at me like that..

N-not that I think a windows tan is nice, b-baka.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on November 27, 2013, 08:41:43 PM
I enjoy the tiles as buttons on her coat. The colors are also nice and appropriate, although I believe the rainbow in her eyes could be windows logo colors, it is acceptable as is.

She does seem a little too friendly to me though. Why is she looking at me like that..

N-not that I think a windows tan is nice, b-baka.

The rainbow eyes was inspired by the colored tiles eyes of Yu & Ai. However, i tried a more elegant execution with the gradient transition of colors. Its meant to represent her customizability and multiple color schemes.

And i figured windows phone-tan would be energetic and cheeky, as well as well dressed, but would fall flat in areas she's lacking in (representing the os' fun and bouncy interface and attention to app/ui design, but lack of things like a file chooser and unified notifications, etc...)

ADDITIONAL:

Character Sheet for Metra :)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 27, 2013, 10:05:51 PM
Kyoka. I lol'd. xD

Thats where the bow came from. And in ways i see winphotan being similar. Just like Kyoko was awesome at making mangas and art, but fell short in thinking things through and was naive at times, i think wptan would be the same way, being really great at what she can do, but fall short in other things and have a sense of naivety.

I also see WPtan being good at photography, because lumia 1020.

What does everyone think of her? Im especially proud of the first image, despite its flaws

Balrith

Looks promising, Dusti. I like the colors. They fit really well.

Suggestions:
She could use a few more detailing embellishments. Maybe add a few highlighting white or teal stripes to some areas. White stripes could help the white lapel stand out a little less, while also representing the white text. Also the bottom of the blazer and/or the skirt look a bit too simple and generic.

Lastly, I'm not sure how to implement this attractively, but WP8 looks like teal rectangles outlined with black. Maybe try making larger sections of WP8-tan's clothing teal.

Chocofreak13

I agree with balrith. Also, her hair and coat are pretty similar, so maybe lighten the hair just a smidge so it doesn't all blend together. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 20, 2013, 01:05:16 PM
also, LOOK INTO THE FACE OF EVIL

Dammit, I thought I posted here back when you put these up. :( 

Anyway, I'm really digging the character and costume design here. gj! :D

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 28, 2013, 10:47:53 AM
I agree with balrith. Also, her hair and coat are pretty similar, so maybe lighten the hair just a smidge so it doesn't all blend together. :3

Any better?

Krizonar

I was going to comment that her skirt could be alternating 'tiles' but decided against it. I see that has already been established by your own discretion, though.

Good work.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on November 28, 2013, 11:48:11 AM
Dammit, I thought I posted here back when you put these up. :( 

Anyway, I'm really digging the character and costume design here. gj! :D
ty. ^^
just so you know, the dark parts of their outfits are chocolate brown, and the light parts are cream-coloured. :3

Quote from: DustiiWolf on November 28, 2013, 07:16:51 PM
Any better?

much! : D
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on November 28, 2013, 07:54:28 PM
I was going to comment that her skirt could be alternating 'tiles' but decided against it. I see that has already been established by your own discretion, though.

Good work.

Im contemplating whether i should backtrack that decision myself. It adds color, but at the same time, the skirt looks a tad off...

Anyways, thank you.