FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex S

Two more sprites, virus-tan this time:

I also realized that this is probably one of the only pieces of Byte Bandit-tan artwork since Gussy Kenji's original drawing (which was used as a reference).

stewartsage

Do we have a Morris Worm-tan yet? 

Chocofreak13

@alex: mm, indeed. the Viru-tans are really underrepresented. did you know that plenty of viruses don't have wiki pages, and that the few Viru-kuns that exist on the wiki weren't unified with the -kuns page at one point? :[

(they look nice, btw, made me laugh ^^ )

@stew: don't think so. there aren't many Worm-tans. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Alex: Those look great! Viru-tan fanart ftw! :D

@Stew and Kari: I haven't seen a Morris Worm-tan either.

For what it's worth, I'd like to make a Creeper-tan and Elk Cloner-tan. I even have a few ideas for them. I just haven't gotten around to solidifying those ideas into a coherent concept. : /

Chocofreak13

go for it if you want, but it could be a whole seperate project to give more art/personality/recognition to those virus/software-tans/-kuns who don't already have it. there are A LOT of viruses which would fall into that catagory. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm afraid viru-tans aren't quite my area of knowledge, but if you want help in giving personalities to one-shot viru-tans I'd be glad to help!

Chocofreak13

the thing is, the only people that WOULD be experts on the subject would be Aurora, C-chan, or GussyKenji, and only one of them's here, and that's only half of the time. i get the feeling that if you read the wiki article of a particular virus you'd be able to come up with some kind of personality. :\
click to make it bigger

Alex S

If plans for an Elk Cloner-tan don't include antlers that would be sad.

Anyway, there isn't a MacMag-tan either, though I'd have no real idea of what to do regarding design. I think the Mac House has gotten off kind of lightly in regards to viruses.

I'd be willing to throw my halfway-decent art skills at something, like a new ILOVEYOU-tan design or something.

Bella

Quote from: Alex S on May 01, 2013, 11:54:46 PM
If plans for an Elk Cloner-tan don't include antlers that would be sad.

Considering that I envision her as a deer kemonomimi, that shouldn't be a problem.

Chocofreak13

i prefer to keep old designs whenever possible, so in terms of a "new" iloveyou-tan, it'd be best just to update the old design a bit, imo. :\
click to make it bigger

Alex S

I don't remember too much about the current ILOVEYOU/LoveLetter-tan, since the last time I saw it was as an avatar on the wiki a year or two ago. (And I tried looking for it again yesterday in the avatar gallery on the wiki, which appears to be broken.) What I remember was a sort of bonnet/wing hat thing, and since it was an avatar, there really wasn't anything else (like how none of the virus-tan designs have their feet drawn, so I had to guess).

My ideas are a postal worker with a heart motif. And a flamethrower.

Also, currently working on a TI-83 Plus-tan drawing, mostly to test my skills at drawing females. Shading should make it work, even though I do not into anatomy at all...

Chocofreak13

look it up on the wiki. i remember it having at least a stub or something.
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 11, 2013, 08:54:11 PM
aw man, did you buy it? i was thinking of torrenting it, so if i ever get my hands on a copy can you give me some pointers? :0
Forgot about this thread. lol
I did buy it yes, it was on sale around Christmas last year.

I can't give you pointers just yet, but it looks like I'll be working on a project that will involve copious use of this tool in the near future. =3=

Chocofreak13

let me know, man. :0
click to make it bigger

Bella