FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Never done any OS-tan fanart, so here's a quick try.

CaptBrenden

oh gawd, another vista, shows great promis in the art at least :D
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

VonDaab

Not liking vista? Oh well, I'll do some other -tan next then.

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"Thank you, SleepyD!   ^__^
I'm not good at hands either, but I have some things which can help so I'll see what I can do.  ^.^

And why I certainly, I would love it in PNG.  You know I'm a sucker for free formats.  ^v^
here ya go C-Chan. ^^
You know, it's been a long time since I addressed you directly. haha...

http://xs117.xs.to/xs117/07301/os-2_digi-lineart.png
This is the original size I scanned it in... it's a BIG image file.

I don't know about you, but things look better when I start big and then shrink it. In any case, it's best to have the original to play around with, right?

I'm more than willing to talk about the lineart and if it requires improvement. ^^ Especially that hand/phaser.

C-Chan

Yo VonDaab.  Indeed that would be Vistan #1,368,490, but by GAWD the chibi version is cute and sooooo incredible fitting.....  ^v^
Full-sized version is pretty sweet as well.  ^v^

And thank you a billion SleepyD!  ^___^
I'm working on OS/2-sama as we speak, although I may leave her on a transparent background cause...

A) I know you're a master of awesome backgrounds, and

B) I might be adding an appropriate cameo right behind her.  ^.^

Darknight_88

disregard my previous Vis-tan sketch. This is the new version:

this is getting right into Photoshop. Maybe some corrections about the hair, but other than that I don't spot any serious mistakes. So feel free to post some critique.
Adding future lazyness, uni work and exams, expect this to be finished by early December :D

also, something unrelated to OS-tans:

So I have been watching School Days
this is Kotonoha when she snaps at the end of episode 6. Well, not really, she hasn't turned in a serial killer as far as episode 7. But knitting needles could be awesome weapons.

Fastest drawing ever. Like 12 hours along 3 days. *fast*. Not really something serious, just did it for fun. There was no quality/QUALITY control for this drawing, so it's not surprise if there are mistakes...
I think the best part of this is the yarn :D

kotonoha ;_;
episodes 6 & 7 are sad episodes ;_;

C-Chan

Quotedisregard my previous Vis-tan sketch. This is the new version:

Yep this one definitely looks like a preink sketch.  ^__^
The fine folks at Nijiura.com would be proud.  -v-

Quotethis is getting right into Photoshop. Maybe some corrections about the hair, but other than that I don't spot any serious mistakes. So feel free to post some critique.
Adding future lazyness, uni work and exams, expect this to be finished by early December

You still tryin' to fish for critiques, eh?  ^_____^;

I know they say "Do onto others as you want them to do onto you", but this is really hitting me at my achilles heel, not to mention that she's too hypnotically cute to tear into... It just ain't easy, ya know.....  -v-

*tilts head back and forth pondering*

*light bulb idea*  *v*

*pulls sticky pad with random critique out of his a##*

*reads*  Um..... It's not Sailor Fuku?  ^___^

..........Nah, this ain't Net Characters.... ^.^

*tosses sticky pad*

*pulls out another one from same place*

*read*  Um......... you're planning to take WAY too long to finish this?  ^____^

........Yeah, that sounds like something I'd be concerned with.  ^.^

*stamps, approves and deoderizes critique, then hands it over to Darknight*

QuoteSo I have been watching School Days
this is Kotonoha when she snaps at the end of episode 6. Well, not really, she hasn't turned in a serial killer as far as episode 7. But knitting needles could be awesome weapons.

Fastest drawing ever. Like 12 hours along 3 days. *fast*. Not really something serious, just did it for fun. There was no quality/QUALITY control for this drawing, so it's not surprise if there are mistakes...
I think the best part of this is the yarn

Oh dear me, not the start of another Anime character craze, is this?  I was hoping youz guys would settle with Kagami-chan.  ^___^;

In any event, the chibi is uber cute here too, even if I don't know who she is (and yes the ball of yarn is superbly rendered).  ^v^;
My only gripe is that the eyes are both dark and have no highlights, so it kinda looks like I'm staring into black holes.  However, I'm assuming this is a style match with the actual Anime drawing technique used for these characters,... OR, this is just a part of that psychotic snap you say she gets.  ^.^

Either way, fantastic work, and more importantly,......... YOU DID IT QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
The C-chan is proud of ya in that respect!  ^____^

However.....

The C-chan is also wondering why you haven't uploaded any of your art to your User Gallery in like forever.  `v'

(I'm like only finding OS/2-san and your 95-tan submission, but no Vista sketch or battle suit 95-tan or that MP3 player-tan....)  `.'

The C-chan thinks that must be rectified........ ASAP.  ^____^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"

*read*  Um......... you're planning to take WAY too long to finish this?  ^____^
I was more concerned about artwork critique >_>

Oh dear me, not the start of another Anime character craze, is this?  I was hoping youz guys would settle with Kagami-chan.  ^___^;

In any event, the chibi is uber cute here too, even if I don't know who she is (and yes the ball of yarn is superbly rendered).  ^v^;
My only gripe is that the eyes are both dark and have no highlights, so it kinda looks like I'm staring into black holes.  However, I'm assuming this is a style match with the actual Anime drawing technique used for these characters,... OR, this is just a part of that psychotic snap you say she gets.  ^.^

Either way, fantastic work, and more importantly,......... YOU DID IT QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
The C-chan is proud of ya in that respect!  ^____^

However.....

The C-chan is also wondering why you haven't uploaded any of your art to your User Gallery in like forever.  `v'

(I'm like only finding OS/2-san and your 95-tan submission, but no Vista sketch or battle suit 95-tan or that MP3 player-tan....)  `.'

The C-chan thinks that must be rectified........ ASAP.  ^____^

But Kagami doesn't has a sad story like Kotonoha...
Kotonoha really deserves support :)
Also, don't worry. I think I'm the only one on this forums who likes School Days, so you won't be seeing Kotonohaiism signatures everywhere...unfortunately....
-_-

Also, yes,  the eyes without shine are actually the sign that she snapped into *knitting* mode. Yanderes, gotta love'em

And about the gallery...I was about to upload them when I went into another of my Away From the Internet seasons. And I forgot to upload them when I came back >_>
Will upload when I get time <_<

C-Chan

QuoteI was more concerned about artwork critique >_>

*rummages butt for more ideas*

*comes up empty-handed*

Sorry, check back later or buy me some wheat bran.  TvT

QuoteBut Kagami doesn't has a sad story like Kotonoha...
Kotonoha really deserves support
Also, don't worry. I think I'm the only one on this forums who likes School Days, so you won't be seeing Kotonohaiism signatures everywhere...unfortunately....

School Days, eh?  
Well,... I now have an Anime backlog up the wazzoo,.... but might consider getting it if you think it's a good series.  Certainly if I can watch Hell Girl and Goodbye Mr. Despair, I can handle this one.  ^^

QuoteAlso, yes, the eyes without shine are actually the sign that she snapped into *knitting* mode. Yanderes, gotta love'em

The C-chan's perceptiveness is peerless, I see.  ^.^

QuoteAnd about the gallery...I was about to upload them when I went into another of my Away From the Internet seasons. And I forgot to upload them when I came back >_>
Will upload when I get time <_<

Better do that before,... and I quote, " future lazyness, uni work and exams",... or else we'll never see your artwork consolidated in a single location again.... ^________^'

Darknight_88

Indeed, it's time to kick this thread back to the first place...
TA DA!
VIS-TAN!

+Nijiura+ Vis-tan > Vistake.
Now we only need an interesting personality for her.

lol gradients. Forget solid shading, gradients are the future! But they cause the .PSD to be 75mb heavy...
IMHO, this one surpasses anything else I have done before. Could have been done better, but right now I have no idea of how. Generic pose, etc.
I had no idea of what kind of background I should use, so I just stole the Aurora default wallpaper from Windows Vista :D

Critique encouraged, etc. I'm eager to fix/add things.

Also, 40% size, white BG version: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6280/vistanwhitebgfinalsd7.jpg

Gussy Keniji

...I envy you all...

Mr.Darknight, that there Vis-tan pic is made of many kinds of Win and Awesome! You say this pic surpasses anything you've done and it's clear that you were tellin the truth

anyhoo, thought it would be my turn to put some o my creations on the table(?)

drew this sometime ago, maybe a candidate for an Virus-kun, who knows...

And a Burrito monster...

"Wut..."

Darknight_88

Thanks ^_^

and nice drawings.
I LOL'd. The burrito monster its awesome :D

What program are you using for the lineart? and you're using a tablet, right?

NejinOniwa

This picture does not need a comment to confirm its awesomeness.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

W00t!!!!!!!  You finished it, and in record time for such awesome lighting (and considering you were planning to finish this by next year)!  ^__^
Could it be that maybe that so-called piedrada filled you up with motivation?  If so, I better think of some more!  ^.^

She reminds me a lot of your 95-tan submission, so i reckon you used a lot of the same lineart techniques.  Her feather thingies have a remarkable translucent glow that really compliments the background gorgeously.  Don't know what you mean about gradients being the future since everything still looks like your trademark soft shading, but I assume you mean what you did with her hair.  If so, it really looks good with the background as well.  (and I guess,... um,... "Go! Gradients!" ...and stuff...) ^.^'

However,........... I do have two MAJOR critiques that are SO grave and SOOOOO damning.... >0<... that you'll feel compelled to crawl underneath a rock in SHAAAAAAME!  ^0^

1)  You don't have this loaded up at the Gallery yet!  >0<

*checks gallery*

.......... Oh,.... okay, so you have it up now.... ^^
Very good,.... dodged a bullet there.... -v-

2)  You don't have it posted at +Nijiura+ yet!  >0<

*checks ++*

HA!!!!!!  YOU SEE!!!!!!!!!!  NO DARKNIGHT VISTAN!!!!!!  >v<

You drive her home this instant, young man, and post her up for mom and pop to judge accordingly!!!  ^v^

I think it looks good enough to post there anyway.

Although in fairness, while this is not exactly a critique as much as a possible addition, I should probably point out that your lovely gradient-bearing hair is uniformly colored throughout,... hence, it kinda looks like her body is not casting any shadows over it.  Then again, it hardly detracts from the beauty, and besides one could also make the argument that, A) her hair is flowing outward slightly, hence the light is able to slip in and bathe it in glorious mellow colors, or B) her hair is self-luminiscent to begin with.  I go for the latter since it's inherently "Aero"-like.  -v-

Oh, btw.... Felizidades Paisano!!!!!  ^________^

Quote...I envy you all...

Mr.Darknight, that there Vis-tan pic is made of many kinds of Win and Awesome! You say this pic surpasses anything you've done and it's clear that you were tellin the truth

anyhoo, thought it would be my turn to put some o my creations on the table(?)

drew this sometime ago, maybe a candidate for an Virus-kun, who knows...

Yo Gus-san!  Long time no see.  ^__^
I yearn for more Virus-chans, but seeing some of your Misc. artwork is cool too.  ^__^

I guess Pichu-kun could make for a decent Viru-kun (as long as you keep him short... ^.^),.... but what's with the PimpDaddy thing?  O___o

Burrito monster was also cute.  -v-

Gussy Keniji

Yeah, I plan to make a comeback soon, just been sufferin from a lil' burnout lately >_<

PimpDaddyPichu is my name for DA, being most of my work ends up there, I usually put that name somewhere on my drawings as a sort of 'signature' so folks will know I drew it

"Wut..."