C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

*Glances into UNIX-sama's eyes*
*Falls whimpering and crying to his knees*
....<.< >.>
Even though it is just a 'sketch' it is still quite impressive. After much forethought and diligence, the long awaited UNIX-sama is here!

I really like how much though you put into this. Once it's finished, I can well believe that it will be the pinnacle of your artwork, the crowning jewel of your already astounding crown of art. I think that the whole owl but is, in my opinion, astoundingly clever. Fits very well, I think! Then again, one can never expect less from the likes of you!

Her apparel, too, is quite well done. The whole images radiates a foreboding aura of power and mystery. Though her staff may not be as flashy as some of the Linux-tan's, it certainly carries it's own mystical image. Such a venerable system, it's quite amazing how perfectly you have personified her! Masterfully drawn!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Fufufu... Thank you, Tsubashi-dono, but.....
[whispering]  Shhh... not so loud.  I'm trying not to call attention to her picture....  I can't afford to let people see UNIX-sama in her most vulnerable state.....  ^___^

*covers mouth*

Oh, I've said too much... -____-

*self-flagellates 75 times*

Here, how about some nice delicious juicy PCLOS-tan instead!  ^___^

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/PCLOS-tan.jpg

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/PCLOSGnu.png

Tsubashi

[whispering back]Oh, I see then. Quite the strategic post, at the end of the page there!

Well then! Nifty PCLOS-tan pics, though I don't remember seeing the Gnu one before. Sugoi! I especially love her expression!
-Tsu

Silentbob

Chalk up another one for C-Chan.    I likes it very much.    ;010

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"Awesome blossom, dude!  ^.^

Speaking of which, even though I have one foot into retirement, this pig still has some drawing in him.  -v-

There are still a few pictures I want to get done before signing off, including  the one originally meant for my standalone desktop wallpaper contest submission.

That being said, I finally completed the full-body version of 1985 Amiga-tan....

Shading and touch-ups are pending.  She's wearing her "Commodore-Amiga" cadet's uniform -- although given the cheery optimistism of the young Amiga-chan, the resemblance to a standard seifuku is intentional. The left-handed salute is also intentional.

After she's done, her Commodore sister's well follow suit with more militarized uniforms.

THIS...is a desktop background worthy! I admit I can't take my eyes for a minute on her! GREAT JOB! The cadet's uniform is just PERFECT! Makes her look hot on that one despite how cute she was on those past rendition! Now I can really understand this passion of yours on how you give a little piece of tribute to the AmigaOS itself!

LOL! I can see as how it almost blew Rafaelle's mind off! Great Great joB!

Quote from: "C-chan"

I saw PCL-tan yesterday on the mountains, and now with GNU water buffalo underneath! (reminds me of a Carabao)

Kinda like the expression of her face on that one! It sure is a boring hot day for her to ride on that buffalo because she has got nothing else to do! Simple rendition, but its kind of good on giving more life on her by portraying a random scene.  ^_^

Aurora Borealis

3 hours is considered rushed? But I can understand as to why you want to really take your time as you want to make Unix-sama look extra extra special!

Anyways, your Unix-sama vector 'sketch' (which looks much too good to be considered a sketch) is fantastic! I feel like I must bow down to the Unix-sama! (as her existance has made the existance of many many OSes possible!)

Her eyes are hypnotic and her facial expression and pose help give her a mastermind kind of look as well as a "Don't mess with me because you know what will happen!" look!

Too bad I can't contribute about her outfit because I think it looks great the way it is!

C-Chan

Thank you, Aurora-sama.  ^__^
Indeed, if you remember from last year, I vowed to devote a whole month to creating the grand portraiture of UNIX-sama.  Given the PCLOS-tan pic took us two weeks and looks nice enough, I think I can get away with doing the UNIX-sama one in about that time (all it would cost me would be some additional flagellations).  ^.^;

In any event, not wanting to keep my blasphemous pic unshaded, I may just add some later, at the very least to add a dramatic feel to the scene that can help cover up the weird pose (I never intended to make a full frontal shot, but rather a more dynamic isometic view.  

Oh yeah, and definitely not the OS-tan to mess with.  If you're ever unfortunate enough to get her angry, pray you have someone like Z/OS-sama in front of you to absorb the divine wrath.  Fufuf.... ^^;

Kami-Tux

THERE IS A UNIX-SAMA! I love this drawing! she looks great! /me fall on its belly in front of the picture and worships the its anchestor

Added after 3 minutes:

Oh, and PCLOS on the GNU is just special! I just realized that the first PCLOS has boots with KDE-gears. I am impressed. C-Chan, you again made this penguin very happy!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

QuoteTHERE IS A UNIX-SAMA! I love this drawing! she looks great! /me fall on its belly in front of the picture and worships the its anchestor

Fufu... well, as long as the Penguin God likes the UNIX goddess, I guess I only have to flagellate myself 20 times rather than 60 times this morning.  ^___^

Maybe I will go ahead and add at least some rudimentary shading just so that picture doesn't end up a true blasphemy.... ^.^

Thank you, Kami-Tux.  ^v^

*self-flagellates 20 times*

QuoteOh, and PCLOS on the GNU is just special! I just realized that the first PCLOS has boots with KDE-gears. I am impressed. C-Chan, you again made this penguin very happy!

Thank you, though the first PCLOS-tan pic is actually a collaboration between myself and Bella (who, you'll be proud to know, is starting to use Linux distros in RL.... ^___^)
Indeed, her spurs are KDE-gears and her earrings are based on the old PCLOS-logo.  We were also going to design a SAM-tan, but she left before we could get that started.  Course I have enough data to finish her on my own, and I KNOW you'll love SAM-chan since she's nice and German.... ^___^

The next chibi PCLOS-tan pic I have planned will feature her roasting some CD-Rs over a K3b campfire.  ^__^

Kami-Tux

Hey, cooool! I definitely need more RAM so I can start drawing again!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

I know Inkscape is still a bit of a RAM hog, but seriously..... ^___________^;

In any event, you got any ideas for your next character designs?  I don't recall seeing a Xandros-tan around,... and given its recent 'dance with the devil', it shouldn't be too hard to come up with ideas.  ^.^'

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"

In order to help Bella-san with one of her comic ideas, I decided to............. expedite a certain character I have been meaning to save until my art emulation skills were advanced enough to draw her wonderfully.

But as it so happens, and perhaps coincidentally to mark the one year anniversary of my first sketch of her (and first OS-tan drawing ever), I have chosen to create a 3-hour vector sketch of UNIX-sama in order to lay down the basic foundation of her design.

Bear in mind this was a rush job, devoid of quality or much originality in terms of fashion -- I was even tempted not to post it yet, but Bella-san convinced me otherwise just to bring awareness that UNIX-sama exists in some form.  

Now then........

*hesitates*

Here:  ^___^

Oh alright, here's a bigger version,.......... but just a link.....  -____-;

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/UNIX.png

This is so unceremonious, I'm gonna need 50 lashings after this to cleanse the heresy.  -__________________-;

Regarding personality (aside from what I've already documented elsewhere), here's a repost of what I had sent to Bella-san:

As you know, this is simply a vector sketch of UNIX-sama, so quality is not paramount here....

Any resemblance to Claes from Gunslinger Girl is intentional, as I love that character and thought the two could share some things in common (essentially being chained to the responsibilities demanded of them,... forever,... and just counting the days till they die). But physical similarities and the occasional injoke reference is where the similarities end, since UNIX-sama is far more self-confident and aggressive, and certainly does not disguise the fact that she's OLD. She's also physically older than Claes, although she still remains fairly young-looking for an OS-tan of her age -- this is in reference to the fact that, despite her revolutionary features, she was a relatively barebones and minimalist system at the time.  She was the scorn and butt joke of computer engineers of that era that expected systems like MULTICS to dominate the future. History has shown, however, that the "little OS that could" did in fact dominate the market by pursuing a very aggressive takeover of the mainframe/workstation market, securing a dynasty (despite all trials and tribulations that she endured on her own) that would last till this very day. This is why she's no longer as hard against the Windows-tans as her descendants are, as she can't help but savor the irony of the historical parallel.

UNIX-sama may not be physically powerful, but her sorcery is still a match for all but her strongest descendants, and plus she's smart enough (and apathetic to emotional values such as "courage" and "honor") to strategize in ways that assure the most complete, cost-efficient victory possible (even if that strategy includes losing some battles in the short-term). Furthermore, tradition has long since established her as the universal matriarch of old UNIX-based systems, and while there have been rebellions among her ranks (Plan 9 and Xenix, for example), everyone feels obliged to owe her respect, the source of their life as well as power (in a way, this makes her far more than just a "Don" of a mafia -- perhaps more a "Queen" of an ant colony).

Although she rides a wheelchair now, this is only a fairly recent occurrence (since the early 90's, near the end of the UNIX wars). She certainly has enough power to cure herself, and can even use her sorcery to stand or walk for short periods of time (with some obvious effort). But the fact that she chooses to stay crippled is more psychological -- she's tired of watching her descendants tear each other apart and won't know peace again until the future of the dynasty can be secured.

I have not had time to cycle through clothing as I usually do when creating new characters, so I whipped up something quick that's conservative, utilitarian and monotone-enough to reflect the spirit of UNIX. I encourage the boots and skirt with the perforated "UNIX" logo to stay, but I do request your help with the rest of her attire as I still need her to look, not necessarily futuristic or fancy, but still a little less down-to-earth.

Her Nix Staff is an ancient throwback to the Linux spear, and the almost sickening simplicity is purely intentional. Each roman letter represents a tenet of the UNIX philosophy, and there are more on the other side. This is, however, a trap as it forces naive disciples to try to memorize any of the many Unix philosophy lists created to date,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy

...in hopes that they can win favor with UNIX-sama, only to receive an unceremonious whack instead. The actual answer is that there's only one tenet, not surprisingly why the Nix Staff looks suspiciously like an unadorned "one".

As you noted, the things on her head are actually horned owl ears....

To add distinction, and to associate her with an animal element (like penguins to Linux or cats to the Win-tans/OSX-tans), I wanted to choose something that represented age and wisdom AND had some physical appeal AND hasn't been seen in Anime before. In addition, the horned owl has been used to anthropomorphize Unix on some occasions,...

...so it seemed like a match made in heaven. ^___^

Likewise, her eyes are meant to be a bit owl-like -- always penetrating, glaring and intelligent. She need not subdue an enemy by force -- just the right stare and psychological mind game (a la Hannibal Lecter) is enough to bring a foe whimpering and crying to his knees. For safe measure, the shining Bell Lab logos forever implanted into her eyes -- a quaint tribute to a harsher and savage era -- add a further mysterious and hypnotic element to her eyes.
Nice, nice. Even for a "quick sketch", it looks very nice.

Only critique: If you ever feel like finishing this, I would suggest that you add real hands (like in your unfinished ¬¬ Sailor Amiga). Looking at her, this shouldn't use a chibi style >_>.

C-Chan

QuoteNice, nice. Even for a "quick sketch", it looks very nice.

Only critique: If you ever feel like finishing this, I would suggest that you add real hands (like in your unfinished ¬¬ Sailor Amiga). Looking at her, this shouldn't use a chibi style >_>.

*twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch twitch...*

*...TWITCH!!!*  ^__^x

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah,...  ^v^x
I was thinking of leaving her with chibi hands (and for that matter, chibi feet), cause that'd make her nice and cute and and adorable and spongy like the Mother of all OS-tans is supposed to be.  ^__^x

And I'd even save you the trouble of sending Hag-chan to chop me up in pieces, cause UNIX-SAMA will have passed me 60 times through an industrial-strength cattle meat grinder by then.  `v'x

*twitch twitch*  ^^x

There really is no comparison, though, since I had a good, solid 1.5 weeks to work on the 1982 Amiga sketch (more than enough time to simulate the hand positioning in Poser, as well as analyze several Anime reference pictures).  If I could've afforded the same time for UNIX-sama, you can bet my bacon I would've given her more than an insulting 3 hours worth.  But in between Bella's immediate departure and some critical commission work I have to do, it just can't be so.  

But now that you're here, how about giving me your thoughts on the collaborative picture produced by Bella and I:

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/PCLOS-tan.jpg

Hopefully you've followed Bella-san's career here, so you can better appreciate the grace of the artistic mixture.  ^___^

Now if you'll excuse me, you just earned me 2000 flagellations....   `v'

*walks off to the central square to get whipped for 2 hours*

Tsubashi

You know... I think UNIX-sama would appreciate you being in top condition to deal with the tasks you must complete before finishing, instead of weakening yourself.
*Sneakaly steals Senpai's whip*
Besides which, I'm sure there is some rule out there that disallows too many flagellations ^__^
-Tsu

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"

And I'd even save you the trouble of sending Hag-chan to chop me up in pieces, cause UNIX-SAMA will have passed me 60 times through an industrial-strength cattle meat grinder by then.  `v'x
don't worry, she loves cooking pig, so it's no problem for her.

Also, If we're talking about old OS'es...
I know of several OLDER OS'es
^________________^

So keep going while you can little pig, keep going
^____________________^X