What is this!

Started by L33t 4g3nt, May 25, 2005, 01:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33t 4g3nt

I protest! You cannot close a topic that is still under debate! You have made your opinion known, but did not have a chance for anyone to make a rebuttal.

You claim that the PS control is horrible, but look at nintendo and x-box trying to emulate it in some way. PlayStation has one of the most solid and easy to use controllers in the market. GC and x-box both tried to plagiarize on the PS design. So far, GC gets the award for looking the most similar to the PS controller, while x-box was the size of an extra large black mass with a huge green plastic x-box symbol in the middle, but made it smaller and oddly enough cannot go without the basic design of the PS controller. Nintendo GC is a playskool toy, all you need are plastic cubes and triangles (revolution looks like a harddrive you'd pull out of a computer + painted black and blus accented like some other competing and very successful game console out on the market). While x-box 360 is just a last ditch attempt by microsoft to regain millions of dollars in lost profits from x-box ver-1. Not to mention, very lack luster.

Tell me how many EXCEPTIONAL games x-box has come out with that have been in the top ten Best Games polls, IGN for example. PS2 has more games up on the best games polls since it came out and currently ALWAYS has games on the poll. There have only been very few EXCEPTIONAL x-box games released. HALO series and Splinter Cell are two of the very few contenders x-box offers (I would count DOA because of the girls, but the fighting system is still not very good), while PS2 has a wider range of games and many are very popular (Rockstar chose Sony PlayStation first for their Grand Theft Auto series over the other contenders, and Konami has their their highly acclaimed Metal Gear Solid series calling PlayStation their home console). Hell, nintendo has better games than x-box.

You can argue "x-box has better graphics." To hell with better graphics! If you don't have a good game, then having better graphics is totally redundant! You can run around in a sucky game all you want with cool 3D top of the line graphics and backgrounds, but you wont have a freakin' plot or story! 2D RPGs from generations past are still popular than many of the new state-of-the-art RPGs released on x-box!

More opinions:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=xbox_suckit

------------------

BYTW, I would buy a gamecube any day, instead of getting an x-box. I was a die-hard N64 fan, so I have few arguements against gamecube.

L33t 4g3nt

Oh, another very important thing I forgot to say about PS2's controller.

Do you know what the United States military is using to be the input device for their new military-grade robot.

A PS2 controller!

It's kinda inspiring to see a camo-PS2 controller...Knowing that it owns everyone else's controller.

Q4(V)

Another fact Sony were sued for the use of the dual shock controller, some else have make it and patented it and Sony use it without ask and so they got sued 6 mill or some like I can’t remember to must abt it but I know thy lost a lot of money because of it.

But I got to say the ps2 controller is the better around. X-box or any other controllers don’t feel any gd.

Abt the price for the ps3, wht I hear is when it first comes it will be abt £500+, tht in the UK, I know the price of it will be more the £1000 when it first comes out in japan or china if they sell in the UK, just like the ps2 (£2000) and the psp (£400+, I know a friend tht bought it at tht price abt 5 or 6 months back) and now look at them they sellin at £150+ well the ps2, the X-box didn’t sell for tht must or any other consol tht I know of, sony may have be use their tactics by movin the dates, tht the 1 thing a hate all and they may lose some the customers tht way too if they aren’t careful, they didn’t with the ps2. So in the end the sony has the market.

and it will stay tht way hopefully.  

Zixaphir

l337 4g3nt... you lack knowlege of gaming history...  Let me correct you.

QuoteYou claim that the PS control is horrible, but look at nintendo and x-box trying to emulate it in some way. PlayStation has one of the most solid and easy to use controllers in the market. GC and x-box both tried to plagiarize on the PS design. So far, GC gets the award for looking the most similar to the PS controller, while x-box was the size of an extra large black mass with a huge green plastic x-box symbol in the middle, but made it smaller and oddly enough cannot go without the basic design of the PS controller.

Ok, let me state several things incorrect here.  First off, The original Playstation controller was based off of Nintendo's SNES Controller, THE MOST comfortable and easy to use controller on the market, then the Dual Shock 2 marketed off TWO of Nintendo's ORIGINAL DESIGNS.  The Analog stick AND the Rumble Feature, both invented by Nintendo.  Neither the Dual Shock or the Xbox controller would exist in the way they are today if Nintendo was not in the market...  I see nothing wrong with looking at an edit of your own controller and messing with it.

As for your arguments on Xbox being a peice of shit, I wholesomely agree.

L33t 4g3nt

Yea, you're right about the controller. But I am talking about this generation of games PlayStation and onwards - the PlayStation generation of controllers. You can argue that all the controllers were based off of a controller from some console from generations past. In our generation, we can say that GC and x-box evolved from the PS2 controller, which evolved from the Super Nintendo controller, which started from the original rectangle Nintendo controller.

Again, I don't have any problem with Nintendo. I thank them for bring Pokemon to the States (reminices...) LOL. Oh, and we can't forget Super Smash Brothers (I use Fox!), Perfect Dark (Farsight Railgun!), and Zelda (I remember playing Zelda on the Nintendo).