What Manga are you reading?

Started by Gummster, March 28, 2007, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

um, dude? i don't buy from the publisher. they're all from used bookstores/sellers or thrift shops or libraries. i almost bought one from a bookseller in the UK.

also, started RG Veda today. :3
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Quote from: Gummster on March 28, 2007, 09:21:26 AM
Since there is a 'What animé are you watching' thread I thought why not have the same kind of thread, except about manga. So it's basicly you just say what manga you're reading and if you want you can tell something about it.
I'll go first.
I'm currently reading:
Samurai Deeper Kyo, great manga goes more into the details then the animé, and there are no freaky monsters, that's a bonus.
Battle Royale, so much better then the movie, more characters and more gore, follows the storyline better to, and it goes more into the details.
Elfen Lied, I have to admit that the first 60 chapters weren't that great, because it was almost exactly like the animé or actually it's vica versa, but after that it's more fun.
Gantz, I don't even have to say ow great that manga is, there even is a special thread about that one.
Hellsing, I can't describe the awesomeness of that one, it's not just entertainment, it's art!

Well why don't more people join in!

The last manga I read was the deadman wonderland manga. The anime was good too.
Simon was here :P

Nichi

Currently reading Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl. So far, it's an enjoyable yuri; I'd suggest checking it out if you're in the mood for one that's humorous

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

I have both omnibus of Kashimashi, it's a favorite of mine.

As for me, a print copy of Yozakura Quartet vol. 1 I got for .50.

Chocofreak13

recently (well, last month) attended a cosplay event where i ended up walking off with a ridiculous amount of swag FOR FREE. (or, rather, i paid for 3 manga and the rest of the stuff was free. -w- ) the manga i walked away with include:

vol. 1-11 of Strawberry 100% (i now have doubles of 1 and 2)
doubt!! vol. 1 (read, twas enjoyable)
beast master vol. 1 (read, also enjoyable, and mum enjoyed it too [YAY I FINALLY GOT HER INTO MANGA])
My HiME vol. 1-5 (complete)
Crescent Moon vol. 1-3 (the ones i paid for; have read about half of vol. 1 but it's in a pile somewhere and have yet to dig it out)

also, dunno if it counts, but i've really been getting into buying/reading anime periodicals. 2 of them are from the UK, and the last is from the US, and all are enjoyable, if a tad expensive. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

started reading Switch Girl!!. why isn't this series licensed, it's AWESOME. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Kutsuzure Sensen.  This is amazing.

Chocofreak13

been awhile since anything was posted in this thread. i wanted to revive it but i haven't read anything in awhile. what's Sensen about?
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Simon was here :P

stewartsage

Really historically accurate WWII adventures of a Soviet witch.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/house-of-1000-manga/2013-01-03

has anyone else noticed stuff like this? it's kind of laughable just what lengths they'll go to....

EDIT: this one's also a good read...
http://io9.com/5894245/escape-from-canadas-manga-censorship-dungeon

EDIT EDIT: and another!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2008-12-11/christopher-handley/jason-thompson
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. I'm let down that the 2010 reprint of Pokémon Adventures removed a hilarious scene involving Green stuffing Pokéballs in her bra (It was left in Viz's original 2003 print...but the first edition prints are hard to find :\)

Chocofreak13

mel loves that scene! guess it's a good thing she's reading the manga online. >>;;

tbh though, this gives me more ammo to dislike this country. and the second article gives me plenty of ammunition to dislike canada, which i didn't think was possible. searching someone's computer because they're on a weekend getaway? what the fuck, canada?
click to make it bigger