Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteThe futuristic sleeves are a wonderful compliment to the preexisting longboots (or are they leggings here?), and the dress capitalizes on your expertise with pleated designs. Plus a I say an Aero-like transparent overlay there,.... hehe, perhaps you know something we don't.... ? `v'

*nudge nudge wink wink hopes-Bella-has-Apple-insider-information*

Heehee...I wanted to tie the skirt in with the rest of the dress, so I thought adding a more 'angular' design would help; I thought if I made it solid one color, it would cover up too much of the underlying skirt; to transparent it became. Maybe, though...Leopard-tan knows something about the future of Apple we don't...? Ether that or she stole it from some Vistan while she wasn't paying attention :D

The retention of the "stop watch" was a nice nostalgic touch, but the addition of the gloves certainly accentuates the modernity. And even though they were good before, this is the first time your eyes were downright hypnotic. Almost like amber jewels,... excellent work, and clearly I'm seeing quantum leap enhancements in your drawing style.
And yeah, the freckles work for me. ^__^

Thanks! I did about ten layers of color on the eyes...my earlier ones were probably between 3-5 layers.

I think freckles lend themselves to Leopard-girls ;)
Well I've never been a believer in TRUE time travel, in that I feel the universe evolves permanently, and to physically transform it to an earlier state would entail devolving all that and potentially destroying it. Rather, it's probably safer to assume that time travel is really more "dimensional travel", in that you're essentially traveling to a residual universe that mirrors our own from 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 year, 1 decade, 1 century, 1 millenia, etc ago. Much in the same way that the stars we see in the sky are really just temporal snapshots of what they looked like eons ago, given the speed it takes for the light to reach us -- if we could physically warp to one of those stars, they might not even exist anymore.... -.-

Bottom line is, I think she can travel to the "past" all she wants and as often as she wants, but anything she does will never affect her native present. So unfortunately, no pulling the rug underneath 95-tan while she and OS7-tan are locked in mortal combat. -v-'

If she knows about the future, though, I wonder if we can ask here whether all Linuces have upgraded to Compiz-Beryl armor. Or if Solaris-tan really did manage to soar after going 100% OSS. ^___^
Of it Wii-tan really did manage to cremate anything that M$ and Sony threw her way. ^.^

Fun stuff, I tell ya.... -v-

Good point. I can see...if she could change time...

Leopard-tan: "Oh, 95-tan, don't look now, but weak little OS-tans that need
crushing are behind you right now... "
"Huh?"
System 7-tan sneaks up...

Best not to mess with time ;)

By the way, it's a little late, so instead of posting on another art thread, I hope you don't mind me dumping this here....

Couldn't finish all my vector sketching after all, but at least 2007 is done. Should look a little more familiar to you. ^.^

Linspire-tan looks a little freaked out in that last one  ;010

Oh yes, I got around to uploading that pic of EvilEntity-tan:

I'll probably do a full-body version, or maybe even a comic later on...as stated before, she's quite a failure...

C-Chan

QuoteHeehee...I wanted to tie the skirt in with the rest of the dress, so I thought adding a more 'angular' design would help; I thought if I made it solid one color, it would cover up too much of the underlying skirt; to transparent it became. Maybe, though...Leopard-tan knows something about the future of Apple we don't...? Ether that or she stole it from some Vistan while she wasn't paying attention

MWAHAHA!!!!!!!!  ^V^

But in any case, aside from the Tablet Mac rumor, I've also heard that one of the greatest secrets is that Leopard will have a 3D finder.  And if they can get it to look like a fancier version of Compiz-Beryl, then for sure that could easily blow Aero out of the water.

But like I said,... I still can't discount the possiblity that Apple could screw up the opportunity.  -.-'

QuoteGood point. I can see...if she could change time...

Leopard-tan: "Oh, 95-tan, don't look now, but weak little OS-tans that need
crushing are behind you right now... "
"Huh?"
System 7-tan sneaks up...

Best not to mess with time

One plot device that I'd love to use Leopard-chan for is to cameo deceased OS-tans.  Excepting flashbacks, she and Plan 9-tan could probably be the only characters who could physically interact with a Xenix-tan or a SAGE-tan or a MULTICS-tan in some way.  Would make for sad but intesting reading.  -.-

QuoteLinspire-tan looks a little freaked out in that last one

Her little sister is selling Linspire hentai (?!!!) for one yen a piece (?!!!!!!!!!), which barely amounts to $0.01 USD.  ^^;
Apparently all that Open Sorcery makes poor Freespire-chan a tad bit oblivious to money matters. ^__^;

2008 by tomorrow, btw!!!  ^V^

QuoteOh yes, I got around to uploading that pic of EvilEntity-tan:

QuoteI'll probably do a full-body version, or maybe even a comic later on...as stated before, she's quite a failure...

.......... *love-struck eyes*

She reminds me of FreeBSD-tan.  *v*

Hence.... as they say in the vernacular nowadays.... "instant WIN".  ^^

Bella

QuoteBut in any case, aside from the Tablet Mac rumor, I've also heard that one of the greatest secrets is that Leopard will have a 3D finder. And if they can get it to look like a fancier version of Compiz-Beryl, then for sure that could easily blow Aero out of the water.

Hmmm....

QuoteOne plot device that I'd love to use Leopard-chan for is to cameo deceased OS-tans. Excepting flashbacks, she and Plan 9-tan could probably be the only characters who could physically interact with a Xenix-tan or a SAGE-tan or a MULTICS-tan in some way. Would make for sad but intesting reading. -.-

That would be cool  ;010

Her little sister is selling Linspire hentai (?!!!) for one yen a piece (?!!!!!!!!!), which barely amounts to $0.01 USD. ^^;
Apparently all that Open Sorcery makes poor Freespire-chan a tad bit oblivious to money matters. ^__^;

Naughty Freespire-chan XD

Well...right now I came up with an idea...I won't say what it is, but it has to do with my favorite OS's codename ;012

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "C-Chan"
One plot device that I'd love to use Leopard-chan for is to cameo deceased OS-tans.  Excepting flashbacks, she and Plan 9-tan could probably be the only characters who could physically interact with a Xenix-tan or a SAGE-tan or a MULTICS-tan in some way.  Would make for sad but intesting reading.  -.-
The last MULTICS system was shut down in 1990 according to Andrew Tanenbaum

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

QuoteWell...right now I came up with an idea...I won't say what it is, but it has to do with my favorite OS's codename

Oh shoot, forgot who your favorite OS-tan is and am too lazy to go to that thread.  Let me think about it,... hmmmm,.....

*stares at signature*

,,,,,,,Aaaaaaaaah!  Sou sou!  ^v^
How could I have forgotten, silly me!  

You must mean AmigaOS-tan, and her codename "Lorraine".  ^.^

How sweet,... that sounds to me like a love story that spans the course of two decades, the likes of which could make "Breakfast at Tiffany's" look like a case of puppy love.  -v-

*C-chan sits down expectantly and wags his tail*

QuoteThe last MULTICS system was shut down in 1990 according to Andrew Tanenbaum

Wiki also mentions a MULTICS machine still operational for the Canadian Department of Defense up until 2000,... but it definitely would've been the last of its kind given its loss out to UNIX.  Either way, sad tale....

...especially given the secret connection between MULTICS and UNICS,... er, sorry, I mean "UNIX".  -v-

*brushes detail under the rug for no one else to see*

Bella

QuoteYou must mean AmigaOS-tan, and her codename "Lorraine". ^.^

*stares at signiture* Close, but not quite  ;014

Good ol' codename Windows Whistler, AKA XP! With a codename from one of the world's greatest skiing areas, I'm surprised we haven't seen her out on the slopes yet...perhaps she too busy with...better not to go there XD

As someone who has been skiing many times, I do realize her boots are quite unrealistic, but she's one of the richest OS-tans...I'm sure she went to Italy to buy them custom made ;)

I'm also working on Saseko's sis, Homeko, snowboarding :D

C-Chan

Aa sou, back to basics.  ^___^

Very sweet and I see some of the previous magic you worked into the eyes creep into here.  -v-

Don't think I have to say more about the clothing.... other than to proclaim that you have an excellent penchant for drawing fur as well.  ^^

Wish I could say more, but if you've been following Thurosis' manga, you'll know that your dear Saseko is trying to eat me.  ^^;

So I best try to lay low.   -v-

*hides behind Puma-chan*

Bella

QuoteWish I could say more, but if you've been following Thurosis' manga, you'll know that your dear Saseko is trying to eat me. ^^;

Now, Saseko can't possibly ski and eat....no, I take that back....XD

I was researching Copland and Taligent, two failed Apple OS's...The history's a little unclear, as many features (from the former) went on into later releases, but would these two ever be eligible as OS-tans...?

Aurora Borealis

Good question! I almost considered making a Copland-tan and a Taligent-tan but I couldn't think of anything. But if there are OS-tans for unreleased Windows OSes, why not unreleased Mac OSes too?

But I do know that Taligent was originally codenamed 'Pink' so if there were a Taligent-tan, she'd have a pink outfit and/or pink hair!

Anyways, as I said, that Leopard-tan picture is EVEN MORE FABULOUS in color!! ;010 ;010

And that EvilEntity-tan looks like a really cool and delightfully sinister character! :D

Bella

QuoteGood question! I almost considered making a Copland-tan and a Taligent-tan but I couldn't think of anything. But if there are OS-tans for unreleased Windows OSes, why not unreleased Mac OSes too?

I figured if anyone had thought of making a Copland-tan and Taligent-tan, it'd be you :) I see a great potential for interesting characters...I can see  Copland-tan is very smart, at times over-analytical, complex and even a bit clumsy. In her youth, was very hopeful, optimistic and a promising talent in the eyes of her company, as she was trained to take over for her Macintosh sisters; But as she grew older, her company started putting more and more focus on the training on the Macs, and less and less on poor Copland-tan. They promised her she'd be seen by the world...but those promises were quite empty. Finally, her company decided she was hopeless; At the rate they were training her, the public would never know of her.
Her sisters, system 7.5-tan and Mac 8-tan, received training quite similar, but much better and though-out than hers, therefor they were much more successful. Even the OS X girls have training based on Copland-tan's. This fills her with a mix of pride...and envy...toward her sisters. She doesn't like to talk with them much.

I really haven't thought about Taligent-tan...since it was a spin-off of Copland, she'll probably be like her somewhat.

QuoteAnyways, as I said, that Leopard-tan picture is EVEN MORE FABULOUS in color!!

Thank you :D

QuoteAnd that EvilEntity-tan looks like a really cool and delightfully sinister character!

Well, she tries ;) She set out to crush the Windows-tans, but had very half-though-out ideas...like the fact that instead of transforming into a bat or spider, she chooses the form of a penguin to 'slip away into the night'. She would pester the Windows-tans, but could never really get up the never to try and attack them...the name EvilEntity was a smokescreen for her quite likable personalty. But she could never gain that much support from her relatives or the outside world. I don't know what her downfall was (since EvilEntity is no longer active), perhaps one of the Windows-tan's decided to destroy her with a stake, or banish her far away, but EvilEntity had a very short 'life' compared to other OS-tans.

NejinOniwa

*stares at skiing xp-tan piccy* Hey! Whistler peak? Like, Whistler, Blackcomb? That's where it is, right? And isn't Blackcomb another Windows prototype system codename?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

Yeah, but I heard that Windows Blackcomb is now codenamed "Vienna"

Oops! I Forgot to comment on the Skiing XP-tan picture the last time I posted here! She looks very good in skiwear! I too am surprised there hasn't been any fanart (at least that I know of) of her skiing as a reference to Whistler! Makes me wanna go skiing again!

Tsubashi

I've also heard "Vienna" got renamed "Windows 7" since XP could be considered NT 6.0. Talk about lame!
Oh, and even though it's the thirteenth release, the next office release is M$ Office 14. I guess thirteen would be unlucky! ^___^

Though I knew the codename, I had no idea what it referenced to (And didn't really care to know, either) It's way cool that you knew enough and capitalized on that point. She looks really good! (And I don't really like XP-tan all that much ^^') You are such a great artist
-Tsu

C-Chan

C-chan Telegraph Service
=====================

Hey all!

*BREAK*

Sorry for the lack of post these past few days...

*BREAK*

But in between handling the worst weather I've seen in a while, and a faulty internet connection (probably due to said weather), I couldn't pop in much or even touch my computers.  -v-'

*BREAK*

So please carry on for me and continue drawing wonderful things.  ^.^

*BREAK*

Tis all.... ^__^

*BREAK*

Miserably Yours,

C-chan

*BREAK*
*END TRANSMISSION*

Bella

Copland-tan...with tears!

Obviously, she's very broken up that her company has pretty much given up on her...

QuoteOops! I Forgot to comment on the Skiing XP-tan picture the last time I posted here! She looks very good in skiwear! I too am surprised there hasn't been any fanart (at least that I know of) of her skiing as a reference to Whistler! Makes me wanna go skiing again!

Yeah, I was surprised, too...I'm half finished with a Homeko Whistler pic, but I've been busy...

QuoteYeah, but I heard that Windows Blackcomb is now codenamed "Vienna"

I thought it was originally Vienna and renamed Blackcomb...? Gah, who knows anymore  ;018

QuoteThough I knew the codename, I had no idea what it referenced to (And didn't really care to know, either) It's way cool that you knew enough and capitalized on that point. She looks really good! (And I don't really like XP-tan all that much ^^') You are such a great artist

Thanks! Now that I've done XP's codename, should I do a drawing of Vistan at a steakhouse? Or on a ranch? XD

QuoteC-chan Telegraph Service
=====================

Hey all!

*BREAK*

Sorry for the lack of post these past few days...

*BREAK*

But in between handling the worst weather I've seen in a while, and a faulty internet connection (probably due to said weather), I couldn't pop in much or even touch my computers. -v-'

Sorry to hear that! Well, I guess we'll see you later ;hi

So...perhaps I'll make a System 8/Win98/98SE fight scene (an especially odd scene, as all three of the OS-tans are pictured as being somewhat young)...or maybe a scene with vintage OS-tans...BTW, has there ever been an OS-tan done of Apple I?