Bella's OS-tan Artwork Thread

Started by Bella, March 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Oh yeah, and a few...erm...(I can't use "sketches," can I XD) Pre-concept drawings?

Left to right: Kubuntu-tan (Ubuntu's like-minded sister...although her hair, eyes and dress will probably be blueish), SCO-Unix-tan (clutching her lawsuit file, appropriately), and Elive-tan (A very pretty Linux-tan...I envision her as looking a *little* like Mac-tan, because Enlightenment desktop environment reminds me a *little* of OS X)

C-Chan

Ooooooooh,... unexpected twist.... @v@

Okay then,... time to take out my trusty check pen.... ^__^

*draws up list of criteria*

Lesse....

Amiga-san...  CHECK
Orange hair... CHECK
Ponytail... CHECK
Sakurish bangs... CHECK
Rainbow eyes... CHECK
Cute expression... CHECK
New dress... CHECK [though sadly, I can't see much of it... ;__;)

2.0-chan... CHECK
Black helmet hair with frontal strands... CHECK
Two long bangs... CHECK
Mediterranean blue eyes... CHECK
Sad expression w/tears... CHECK
Dark blue dress... CHECK [very loligoth like... ^^]
Leggings... CHECK

*tallies results*

Abd the total comes down to.....

THREE swoons plus interest for this latest masterpiece!  ^v^

Starting.... right.......... now!  ^__^

*SWOON*

*SWOON*

*SWOON*

*plus interest swooning*

Even though it is different from the last one, I still like that and definitely have to compliment you for the time-savings you got.  Fast artwork is sustainable artwork... *sighs* I sure do miss that.....  Â¯v¯

QuoteBeryl? *I'm coming Open 3.1!!!* I think you've told me why M$ wouldn't open source their old OS's...

Well, with each passing day, the big M$ gives me new reasons to question their motives.  -v-'
I know, for example, that Dell's decision to extend distribution of your beloved Saseko, despite being a popular move to the consumers, was essentially a jab in the gut for Microsoft.  A company that desperately wants to cram Vista down your throat, come hell or high water, is likely never gonna consider an Open 3.1-sama until they seriously risk going the way of Commodore.... ^^'

QuoteYou know, I've always pictured NT-san as so much of a mother-figure that I've never really thought about her helping to train 95-tan...I like crazy fighting NT-san

Don't be surprised,... you and everyone else essentially pictured NT-san as a mother-figure and nothing but.  However, with every sweet and gentle mother, there was at one point a bouncing baby, a jubilant juvenile and a terrible teen.  ^^;

There's at least a good 3-year gap between NT-san's appearance in 1993 and Inu-T's [NT 4.0's] birth,... and that during the height of the OS Wars.  The story of 95-tan capturing the consumer market for M$ is only half the story -- what's not very well discussed is that, concurrent to 95-tan's blitz, NT-tan was busy exploiting the post-Unix Wars chaos to secure a GOOD CHUNK of the server market (also robbing that market away from OS/2-tan, if I might add).  -v-'

Now,... if the young warmongering 95-tan was most definitely not her demure self that she pretends to be now, as illustrated here....

...then there's absolutely NO WAY I'm gonna believe NT-tan conquered her market niche with love and peace,... certainly not when she's older and more mysterious than 95-tan.  That there girl has a history, I tell ya!  `v'

Oh, and you added another awesome picture while I was typing.  ^___^

*stares at Pre-concept drawings*

.......................................Okay,....
I'll let you off the hook this time,.... but just this once, 'kay?  `v'

Kubuntu-sama,... ++Good!!
If I ever envisioned a Kubuntu-tan, I would make it just like her (maybe a bit taller).  ^___^

SCO Unix-chan is perfect (though still up to her legalistic mischief).  I think the expression is perfect for mom (Xenix-tan), although her hair might be longer and naturally the clothing on the aniquated style.  

Elive-tan,... beeeeeeautiful.  ^v^
Too bad the distros is still not fully-developed yet, but it is amazing what they've done with it.  Certainly a good vision of what Linux COULD look like with an excellent design concept.  ^___^
Yes please make her like a Mac-tan,... that way, you'll satiate my Leopard withdrawal (damn you Apple for depriving me of my potential Tablet Mac!!  ^0^).

Tsubashi

Wow, it been a while since I've been in here! Gomen nasai! ^^'
Plenty of things to comment on, unfortunately time is a luxury I have but little of right now. -.-
*Bows Apologetically*

Okay a quick overview

VMS-tan
Wow, I entirely forgot about her! That's a great sketch, I can't wait to see the finished product. You have once more confirmed that you are a great artist ^__^

XP-tan skiing
Ooh! Nifty background! It really enhances the drawing!

2.0-tan and Amiga-tan
Aww! Precious! I would never have thought to draw those two together, but you've done a wonderful job of it. You are now a level 4 artist in my book! ^o^

Pre-concept sketches
Ahem, I do believe we decided on "Masterpiece" coming before "Uber-Masterpeice," not "Pre-Concept!" ^-^

Regardless of what you call them, they look fabulous!
Kubuntu-tan has a pretty dress!
the look on SCO UNIX-tan's face suits her perfectly, and the lawsuit in her hands makes me laugh!
Elive-tan look rather elegant! Somewhat like a sophisticated noblewoman!

Okay, I'm all out of time!
Sumi masen!
*Bows his way out of the thread*
-Tsu

Bella

QuoteEven though it is different from the last one, I still like that and definitely have to compliment you for the time-savings you got. Fast artwork is sustainable artwork... *sighs* I sure do miss that..... ¯v¯

Thanks! I figured it wasn't working out with the other picture, so I decided to draw something completely different. I get stuck with some pictures every once and awhile...then it seems the best thing to do is just try something else.

QuoteWell, with each passing day, the big M$ gives me new reasons to question their motives. -v-'
I know, for example, that Dell's decision to extend distribution of your beloved Saseko, despite being a popular move to the consumers, was essentially a jab in the gut for Microsoft. A company that desperately wants to cram Vista down your throat, come hell or high water, is likely never gonna consider an Open 3.1-sama until they seriously risk going the way of Commodore.... ^^'

*Nooooooo!* But really, this is one rare time when I can say I've actually liked something Dell has done...here's hoping that Vista is just to hold buyers out until "Blackcomb" (or "Vienna" or whatever the heck...) comes out...like ME was on the way to XP...

QuoteDon't be surprised,... you and everyone else essentially pictured NT-san as a mother-figure and nothing but. However, with every sweet and gentle mother, there was at one point a bouncing baby, a jubilant juvenile and a terrible teen. ^^;

There's at least a good 3-year gap between NT-san's appearance in 1993 and Inu-T's [NT 4.0's] birth,... and that during the height of the OS Wars. The story of 95-tan capturing the consumer market for M$ is only half the story -- what's not very well discussed is that, concurrent to 95-tan's blitz, NT-tan was busy exploiting the post-Unix Wars chaos to secure a GOOD CHUNK of the server market (also robbing that market away from OS/2-tan, if I might add). -v-'

Quote...then there's absolutely NO WAY I'm gonna believe NT-tan conquered her market niche with love and peace,... certainly not when she's older and more mysterious than 95-tan. That there girl has a history, I tell ya! `v'

*must...do...an NT...battle scene...*

QuoteVMS-tan
Wow, I entirely forgot about her! That's a great sketch, I can't wait to see the finished product. You have once more confirmed that you are a great artist ^__^

XP-tan skiing
Ooh! Nifty background! It really enhances the drawing!

2.0-tan and Amiga-tan
Aww! Precious! I would never have thought to draw those two together, but you've done a wonderful job of it. You are now a level 4 artist in my book! ^o^

Thank you Tsubashi!

QuoteKubuntu-sama,... ++Good!!
If I ever envisioned a Kubuntu-tan, I would make it just like her (maybe a bit taller). ^___^

QuoteKubuntu-tan has a pretty dress!

Meh, nothings to scale, really...I wanted to make her look similar to her sister, but still unique.

QuoteSCO Unix-chan is perfect (though still up to her legalistic mischief). I think the expression is perfect for mom (Xenix-tan), although her hair might be longer and naturally the clothing on the aniquated style.

Quotethe look on SCO UNIX-tan's face suits her perfectly, and the lawsuit in her hands makes me laugh!

What would SCO Unix-tan be without her lawsuits, now? XD

QuoteElive-tan,... beeeeeeautiful. ^v^
Too bad the distros is still not fully-developed yet, but it is amazing what they've done with it. Certainly a good vision of what Linux COULD look like with an excellent design concept. ^___^
Yes please make her like a Mac-tan,... that way, you'll satiate my Leopard withdrawal (damn you Apple for depriving me of my potential Tablet Mac!! ^0^).

QuoteElive-tan look rather elegant! Somewhat like a sophisticated noblewoman!

Thanks! Just a little side note, Elive-tan's hairstyle and tiara come from Elive's (and Enlightenment's) logo.

And today I did two sketches...(I've been very sketchy lately!)

The left is Apple I-sama, based off of Aurora's design; and to the right is Xenix-sama, holding an unidentified baby...

C-Chan

*trots in*

Yo!
Sorry I've been away for a while.  Just cause the flooding was over doesn't mean nothing else had to be done around here,... especially now that more torrents are on the way.  -v-'

Anyway, I don't see many posts after the one that Tsubashi-san and I left,... methinks I better start dragging some of those Lounge Threadies over here by the ears....  `v'

In any case, what do we have today.... -v-

QuoteThanks! I figured it wasn't working out with the other picture, so I decided to draw something completely different. I get stuck with some pictures every once and awhile...then it seems the best thing to do is just try something else.

*glances sideways*

Hehe... tell me about it.... ¬v¬

Quote*must...do...an NT...battle scene...*

In one of my many pointless brainstorming sessions, I envisioned a Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back parody with VMS-sama in her fringe armor and cleaver offering her gloved hand to a freaked out NT-tan hanging from an antenna while clutching a broken broad sword (very famous scene,... surely you know about it, including what VMS-sama is probably saying in said scene.... -v-).
Not what you're looking for I know, but just thought I'd throw that out before it disappears into obscurity.  -.-

QuoteMeh, nothings to scale, really...I wanted to make her look similar to her sister, but still unique.

No problemo... btw, don't mind me in that respect, but I've always been a critic of the general lack of tall women in anime (understandable given the country, but then nearly all anime women are given western features to begin with... -v-').  In fairness, western media has been guilty of that as well, if not more so.... ^.^

Naturally, I tip the scale whenever feasible.  ^__~

QuoteWhat would SCO Unix-tan be without her lawsuits, now? XD

A "JOU".  ^^;

(= "Just Another Unix")

Unix-tans are simply much TOO proud to accept mediocracy, so most of them will do anything to throw their weight around even if it just ends up lowering them in the eyes of sane people.  ^____^;

QuoteThanks! Just a little side note, Elive-tan's hairstyle and tiara come from Elive's (and Enlightenment's) logo.

Granted it also gives her a slight "Statue Of Liberty" resemblance, I think it's a fantastic touch.  ^___^
I'm tempted to download the distro and run it on one of my 32-bit machines just to check her out!  ^v^

QuoteAnd today I did two sketches...(I've been very sketchy lately!)

QuoteThe left is Apple I-sama, based off of Aurora's design; and to the right is Xenix-sama, holding an unidentified baby...

You enjoy watching me swoon, don't you?  `v'

Must resist..... ¯__¯

Can't.....

Give in.............

To the "bella" artwork...........  Â¯o¯

Ah, what the hell..... -v-

*SWOONS*

*deswoons*

Gorgeousness level is up 15% on these and they're still only in the M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E phase (I take it that was what you meant to say, no...? -v-)

It's a very interesting premise, cause even though Apple I-san is 3 years her senior, Xenix-san has the entire Unix lineage behind her, which even then was quite old.  They should have been enemies, but I've always considered that perhaps one of the driving forces behind Xenix-san's willingness to help the fledgling Microsoft (aside from loyalty) was to help spread computing even further to the masses.  Perhaps as an unconscious rebellion to the Unix Family, which at the time was VERY elitist and technocratic.  So she would always respect the early efforts of consumer OS-tans, even if she were forced to skirmish with them every once in a while; and she would definitely hold Apple I-tan in high regard, as she essentially ignited the revolution.

Then again [without holding back irony], that would also mean her daughter opted to rebel against her mother's beliefs and return back to her roots,... but then, it's not like you haven't seen THAT story repeat itself over and over throughout countless generations.  ^^;

BTW, the picture looks like a snapshot of the past to me, so I'm gonna venture to guess that the baby is MSDOS-tan.  ^.^

Bella

What you get when you let one person with very little knowledge of Photoshop play with Photoshop...and would you look at that, I finally finished Homeko!

And a bigger link:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/Whistler.jpg

My dad's computer runs PS. I've used it before, but I never really liked it that much (although, I am practicing on it)...Anyhow, I was bored yesterday I decided to mess around with it and see what I came up with (I used PS for the background and effects, Picture It for the actual characters).

QuoteIn one of my many pointless brainstorming sessions, I envisioned a Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back parody with VMS-sama in her fringe armor and cleaver offering her gloved hand to a freaked out NT-tan hanging from an antenna while clutching a broken broad sword (very famous scene,... surely you know about it, including what VMS-sama is probably saying in said scene.... -v-).
Not what you're looking for I know, but just thought I'd throw that out before it disappears into obscurity. -.-

Not a bad idea at all :) I was recently trying to think of who NT-san would battle...probably just about any Linux, Unix or sever-tan (especially one with a sword!)...

QuoteUnix-tans are simply much TOO proud to accept mediocracy, so most of them will do anything to throw their weight around even if it just ends up lowering them in the eyes of sane people. ^____^;

Snobs! XD

QuoteGranted it also gives her a slight "Statue Of Liberty" resemblance, I think it's a fantastic touch.

Exactly what I thought! Heehee...

QuoteIt's a very interesting premise, cause even though Apple I-san is 3 years her senior, Xenix-san has the entire Unix lineage behind her, which even then was quite old. They should have been enemies, but I've always considered that perhaps one of the driving forces behind Xenix-san's willingness to help the fledgling Microsoft (aside from loyalty) was to help spread computing even further to the masses. Perhaps as an unconscious rebellion to the Unix Family, which at the time was VERY elitist and technocratic. So she would always respect the early efforts of consumer OS-tans, even if she were forced to skirmish with them every once in a while; and she would definitely hold Apple I-tan in high regard, as she essentially ignited the revolution.

Then again [without holding back irony], that would also mean her daughter opted to rebel against her mother's beliefs and return back to her roots,... but then, it's not like you haven't seen THAT story repeat itself over and over throughout countless generations. ^^;

BTW, the picture looks like a snapshot of the past to me, so I'm gonna venture to guess that the baby is MSDOS-tan. ^.^

I always though Apple I-sama would be very down to earth and likable...never really saw her as much of a fighter like some of her 'daughters' later on. As for Xenix-sama, I wasn't really sure who the baby was...although, with the pigtail, it could be MSDOS-tan.

C-Chan

*stares suspiciously at Homeko*

I know it's cute, but I still can't shake off the feeling it's a trap....
Betcha she has YAOI tucked away in that snowboard somewhere.... ¬v¬'

QuoteMy dad's computer runs PS. I've used it before, but I never really liked it that much (although, I am practicing on it)...Anyhow, I was bored yesterday I decided to mess around with it and see what I came up with (I used PS for the background and effects, Picture It for the actual characters).

If memory serves, I didn't like PS either when I first used it.  I preferred Paintshop plus another crappy imaged editor I liked in that era.  But events progressed to the point where I had no choice but to use Photoshop frequently (for game editing) -- and after a while, all that practice made me PS proficient.

History repeated itself with Inkscape and I'm hoping I can get used to GIMP or Krita somewhat so I can be 100% weened off of Photoshop.  -.-

QuoteNot a bad idea at all I was recently trying to think of who NT-san would battle...probably just about any Linux, Unix or sever-tan (especially one with a sword!)...

Had to be someone weak or sufficiently distracted.  The original Windows NT was quite unstable and problematic, and didn't actually get better until later releases (Inu-T for example).  That it captured such a large portion of that market highlights M$ power of persuasion over engineering.  ^^;

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that the original NT was M$ first (and last) attempt to make a full-scale operating system compatible with non-x86 architectures.  (The exception is CE-tan, but that hardly counts.... -v-)  Wikipedia offers the Intel IA-32, MIPS, Alpha, PowerPC and SPARC processor architectures as examples.  That being said, I reckon NT-tan would be the polylinguist of the family, or perhaps an ambassador of sorts.  ^.^

QuoteSnobs! XD

Hehe... well, they used to be the Windows of their era, and like any presitigious family they hate being on the wrong side of the fence.  ^___^
Maybe after the Linux Revolution, the old guard Windows-tans will start to act weird and petty themselves.  -v-;

QuoteI always though Apple I-sama would be very down to earth and likable...never really saw her as much of a fighter like some of her 'daughters' later on. As for Xenix-sama, I wasn't really sure who the baby was...although, with the pigtail, it could be MSDOS-tan.

No that's right, I never envisioned I-san being a fighter either -- even if she had the spirit, there was simply no one to fight in her day.  ^__^'
The full-fledged OS-tans of her day probably only viewed her as a toy system -- to them, it might have even been considered offensive wasting even 10 seconds of breath on a mere peasant girl.  -.-
So life for her in her youth must have been pretty lonely, at least until her daughter and her "friends" (Commodre PET, Atari 80bit, TRS-80) emerged to ignite their own revolution.  ^.^

Oh, and I say that's two "yays" for MSDOS-tan.  ^v^

Bella

Ta-da!

larger pic:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/Copyofsnowscenecopy.jpg

It's AROS-san and Puppy Linux-tan! AROS-san is based off of a lot of what was already posted about her. Puppy Linux-tan is smart and friendly, somewhat small in stature, with a very playful, fun loving attitude. She likes dressing in different outfits...and sometimes she's even been known to cosplay as other OS-tans (especially the Windows-tans!) I made her blonde because the Puppy Linux mascot is a Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab kinda dog...
Here they are in a snowball fight...no idea why they're on the ice...XD

QuoteI know it's cute, but I still can't shake off the feeling it's a trap....
Betcha she has YAOI tucked away in that snowboard somewhere.... ¬v¬'

Nobody ever said she didn't have any yaoi with her...O___O

QuoteIf memory serves, I didn't like PS either when I first used it. I preferred Paintshop plus another crappy imaged editor I liked in that era. But events progressed to the point where I had no choice but to use Photoshop frequently (for game editing) -- and after a while, all that practice made me PS proficient.

History repeated itself with Inkscape and I'm hoping I can get used to GIMP or Krita somewhat so I can be 100% weened off of Photoshop. -.-

I got bored with Picture It, so now I'm trying to work with PS more.

QuoteHad to be someone weak or sufficiently distracted. The original Windows NT was quite unstable and problematic, and didn't actually get better until later releases (Inu-T for example). That it captured such a large portion of that market highlights M$ power of persuasion over engineering. ^^;

I didn't know NT was that instable. But...I wonder if Inu-T ever got in any 'dogfights', as this 'battle suit' pic suggests:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=30&pos=117

QuoteIncidentally, I forgot to mention that the original NT was M$ first (and last) attempt to make a full-scale operating system compatible with non-x86 architectures. (The exception is CE-tan, but that hardly counts.... -v-) Wikipedia offers the Intel IA-32, MIPS, Alpha, PowerPC and SPARC processor architectures as examples. That being said, I reckon NT-tan would be the polylinguist of the family, or perhaps an ambassador of sorts. ^.^

Gosh...Now I'm thinking about what language the OS-tans talk in....I mean, most younger OS-tans could probably talk (In reference to Windows, Macs, etc, having support for networks together...), but would the old timers have to have a translator...or, is it that I have too much spare time on my hands XD  

QuoteHehe... well, they used to be the Windows of their era, and like any presitigious family they hate being on the wrong side of the fence. ^___^
Maybe after the Linux Revolution, the old guard Windows-tans will start to act weird and petty themselves. -v-;

Weirder than they are now? XD

QuoteNo that's right, I never envisioned I-san being a fighter either -- even if she had the spirit, there was simply no one to fight in her day. ^__^'

I wonder what she'd think of her later relatives! She was probably the only Apple-tan that didn't have any conflicts (although the OS X's are doing pretty well...)

QuoteThe full-fledged OS-tans of her day probably only viewed her as a toy system -- to them, it might have even been considered offensive wasting even 10 seconds of breath on a mere peasant girl. -.-
So life for her in her youth must have been pretty lonely, at least until her daughter and her "friends" (Commodre PET, Atari 80bit, TRS-80) emerged to ignite their own revolution. ^.^

It's always those west cost 'hippies' that get things started ;010

C-Chan

QuoteTa-da!

No no no!!

I insist you give that tapestry the respect it deserves....  ^-^

Ta-da!

No but seriously, I'd swoon now, but technically-speaking that's the reason I haven't shown up here in two days.  The picture merited two whole days of delightful unconsciousness.  ^^

First off, incredible, remarkable, gorgeous, beautiful, mind-blowing, stick-me-over-a-spit-and-roast-ye-some-pork-cracklings job on AROS-chan!!!  ^V^

This is oh so identical to how I envisioned her, it's like you opened my brain and scooped the contents outs -- only you applied your patented Fantastic Fashion Foreknowledgeâ,,¢ to add great distinction  to her look (the fluffy fur color harmonizes perfectly with her thick white hair).  ^v^
Between your AROS-chan and Raffaele's MorphOS-chan, the circle is complete..... ^__^
Before I leave, it is my destiny to unite mother and daughters in my most beautiful picture ever created!  ^v^

Kudos to pairing her up with Puppy Linux, btw!  Makes sense: open source kitten and puppy playing together and being friends (even if one clearly is more capable than the other).  ^^
She is remarkably cute too, and her ponytail does look like a golden retriever's tail.  ^__^

(Puppy Linux, btw, is a very cute installation for any computer down to a 486... ^^)

Not sure why they're on the ice either, but for me seeing those darling young OS-tans playing a light-hearted game is light years better than watching those over-endowed and/or yaoi-reading rich kids ski....  -v-

*sighs happily*

QuoteI didn't know NT was that instable. But...I wonder if Inu-T ever got in any 'dogfights', as this 'battle suit' pic suggests:

I reckon that all modern OS-tans have to be able to fight at some point (otherwise, they'd be widely exposed to viruses, hackers and competitors).  The only exception might be niche oSes, academic ones and really old ones (such as Apple I and EXEC, who were essentially the only markets in their day).  ^^'

Inu-T was definitely a huge improvement over the original NT 3.1, naturally superceded later by everyone's favorite Windows 2K-tan.  ^__^
(XP, by comparison, would be considered as some as a slight downgrade... -v-')

QuoteGosh...Now I'm thinking about what language the OS-tans talk in....I mean, most younger OS-tans could probably talk (In reference to Windows, Macs, etc, having support for networks together...), but would the old timers have to have a translator...or, is it that I have too much spare time on my hands XD

No no, think about these small details as much as you'd like (I certainly do).  ^__^
It really does depend on what we want to personify as language -- either the actual programming languages they support, or the processor architectures they run.  It's a tricky matter, since (for example) NT-tan could "talk" to more processors than XP-tan can, but XP-tan can "talk" more programming languages (such as .NET) which weren't around in NT-tan's day.  Ultimately, though, I'd rather stick to processors, since languages evolved based on location, which to an OS-tan would be the equivalent of the machine.  If you only know English, you can only live comfortably in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, the Commonwealth's, etc., but if you know Spanish and French as well, the number of potential homes increases several times fold.  ^^

QuoteWeirder than they are now? XD

Don't start giving them any ideas.  ^^;

QuoteI wonder what she'd think of her later relatives! She was probably the only Apple-tan that didn't have any conflicts (although the OS X's are doing pretty well...)

Hehe... give her a copy of the Mac Manga and we'll find out.  ^^;

Added after 1 hours 29 minutes:

FYI, for anyone still unfamiliar with AROS (for shame!)....

http://aros.sourceforge.net/

Bella

QuoteNo but seriously, I'd swoon now, but technically-speaking that's the reason I haven't shown up here in two days. The picture merited two whole days of delightful unconsciousness. ^^

First off, incredible, remarkable, gorgeous, beautiful, mind-blowing, stick-me-over-a-spit-and-roast-ye-some-pork-cracklings job on AROS-chan!!! ^V^

This is oh so identical to how I envisioned her, it's like you opened my brain and scooped the contents outs -- only you applied your patented Fantastic Fashion Foreknowledgeâ,,¢ to add great distinction to her look (the fluffy fur color harmonizes perfectly with her thick white hair). ^v^
Between your AROS-chan and Raffaele's MorphOS-chan, the circle is complete..... ^__^
Before I leave, it is my destiny to unite mother and daughters in my most beautiful picture ever created! ^v^

Thank you! Aros-chan was pretty easy to draw, because so much of the design was already planned...I think Puppy Linux-tan was a great design waiting to be drawn, too.

QuoteNot sure why they're on the ice either,

I think I wanted to try doing a reflection, actually...something to add more 'depth' to the picture.

QuoteNo no, think about these small details as much as you'd like (I certainly do). ^__^
It really does depend on what we want to personify as language -- either the actual programming languages they support, or the processor architectures they run. It's a tricky matter, since (for example) NT-tan could "talk" to more processors than XP-tan can, but XP-tan can "talk" more programming languages (such as .NET) which weren't around in NT-tan's day. Ultimately, though, I'd rather stick to processors, since languages evolved based on location, which to an OS-tan would be the equivalent of the machine. If you only know English, you can only live comfortably in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, the Commonwealth's, etc., but if you know Spanish and French as well, the number of potential homes increases several times fold. ^^

Good points. As for other small details, I'm still pondering the meaning of the internet to these OS-tans...Is it a place they go? A gathering? Or do they just go on a computer? Yep, waaaay too much time on my hands...

A quick design I did today:

Amstrad CPC-tan! She'll wear black clothes, and have a necklace and earrings that look like colorful keys :D

Bella

I just thought of what SCO Unix-san's catchphrase could be in this upcoming comic I might do..."You've been served." Get it? because she's a sever and loves lawsuits, ahahaha! Yeah, maybe not so funny XD

C-Chan

Sorry, left you for last.  I'll be right back, don't go away -- have uber-load of comments for you (not that that's anything new)!  ^v^

*trots off on errands*

Added after 1 hours 23 minutes:

QuoteThank you! Aros-chan was pretty easy to draw, because so much of the design was already planned...I think Puppy Linux-tan was a great design waiting to be drawn, too.

You flatter us too much.  -v-
She who actually does the drawing deservers 99.9% of the credit.  ^__^
But glad at least we could help anyway,... I'm certainly giddy as a schoolpig to finally have AROS-chan among us.  ^v^

If you think Puppy-chan is a great idea, wait till you decide to pair her with Inu-T.  ^___^

QuoteI think I wanted to try doing a reflection, actually...something to add more 'depth' to the picture.

A commendable experiment!  ^v^
As with my eCS picture, sometimes I too feel like simply adding a different lighting/background feature to test the possibilitie of our trade.  

QuoteGood points. As for other small details, I'm still pondering the meaning of the internet to these OS-tans...Is it a place they go? A gathering? Or do they just go on a computer? Yep, waaaay too much time on my hands...

Have you ever played The Sims before?  I've always envisioned private intranets to be something like neighborhoods, and the internet to be like the Downtown district (plus whatever other "districts" were created after all those half-million expansions released for that game).  I'd probably add some "wildnerness" in there too.  ^^

Since Linuces are inherently social creatures, btw, you can imagine that the "internet" is incredibly important to them.  They give "living off the land" a whole new meaning.  ^____^

QuoteAmstrad CPC-tan! She'll wear black clothes, and have a necklace and earrings that look like colorful keys

WAAAAAI!!!!  A vintage-tan!!!!!  (and a British one at that) ^__^
FYI, before I realized that was an umbrella, I could've sworn I was seeing a Nabashin-sized afro on her head.  ^^'

Don't need to tell you I can't wait, cause by now you should know I never do.  ^.^

*wags tail in anticipation*

QuoteI just thought of what SCO Unix-san's catchphrase could be in this upcoming comic I might do..."You've been served." Get it? because she's a sever and loves lawsuits, ahahaha! Yeah, maybe not so funny XD

Don't worry.  A lot of Linuces think of her and her company as a laughing stock, so you can have her say "The Sky is Blue" and they'll ROTFLOL.  ^.^

That is cute, though,... but more importantly, did I just hear you might be doing a comic?  'v'

Added after 16 minutes:

Oh, and just to recap on a previous point I made before, here's C-chan's Official Pet Peeve Of the Day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=450500&in_page_id=1770

It makes me so p'd off, I think I'm gonna be sick.  T__T

*trots off*

*hurls*

Bella

For the past several days I've been traveling from Florida back to my home state of New Hampshire. Our state motto is live free or die...which, I've heard, is also a favorite slogan by some Unix fans!

http://www.unix.org/license-plate.html

I think I'd die if I saw that plate on the road ;010

Anyway, when we'd stop for the night (or afternoon, in some of the warmer states) I got a chance to do a bit of drawing, and coloring, on Photoshop, no less!!!

XPME-tan, my first PS work:

Why does nobody like Moseko (is that her name? I forget and I'm to lazy to check XD)? Is it because she wears skimpier clothes than Saseko and is
half as talented? Is it the curse of being a Windows-tan with 'ME' in her name? I don't know, but it sure is sad when you give a character dignity by drawing them in a disco outfit.

Elive-tan:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/CopyofELIVEPNG-1.png

Quite the pretty Linux-tan, eh?

Took me long 'nuff, but I finally got those tears (as well as a background, and redone eyes) in that OS/2-Win1.0-chan pic:

And a URL:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/OS2copy-1.jpg

QuoteYou flatter us too much. -v-
She who actually does the drawing deservers 99.9% of the credit. ^__^
But glad at least we could help anyway,... I'm certainly giddy as a schoolpig to finally have AROS-chan among us. ^v^

If you think Puppy-chan is a great idea, wait till you decide to pair her with Inu-T. ^___^

Awww...that would be too cute :D

QuoteA commendable experiment! ^v^
As with my eCS picture, sometimes I too feel like simply adding a different lighting/background feature to test the possibilitie of our trade.

I'm doing that more with my PS pictures, too. I'm like a kid in a candy shop, trying different effects, filters, etc.

QuoteHave you ever played The Sims before? I've always envisioned private intranets to be something like neighborhoods, and the internet to be like the Downtown district (plus whatever other "districts" were created after all those half-million expansions released for that game). I'd probably add some "wildnerness" in there too. ^^

Since Linuces are inherently social creatures, btw, you can imagine that the "internet" is incredibly important to them. They give "living off the land" a whole new meaning. ^____^

Those wild Linux-tans, heehee! I sort of thought the same thing, with, perhaps, the browser-tans being the OS-tans' personal tourguides or something like that.

Next on the roster of unanswered OS-tan metaphors:
Program-tans/kuns...do they work for the OS-tans/kuns, helping them get their jobs done?

QuoteWAAAAAI!!!! A vintage-tan!!!!! (and a British one at that) ^__^
FYI, before I realized that was an umbrella, I could've sworn I was seeing a Nabashin-sized afro on her head. ^^'

Don't need to tell you I can't wait, cause by now you should know I never do. ^.^

*wags tail in anticipation*

lol...just an umbrella.

QuoteDon't worry. A lot of Linuces think of her and her company as a laughing stock, so you can have her say "The Sky is Blue" and they'll ROTFLOL. ^.^

That is cute, though,... but more importantly, did I just hear you might be doing a comic? 'v'

I might...SCO-tan is prime for hilarious material!

QuoteOh, and just to recap on a previous point I made before, here's C-chan's Official Pet Peeve Of the Day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=450500&in_page_id=1770

It makes me so p'd off, I think I'm gonna be sick. T__T

Geez...what a dork  ;014

Aurora Borealis

Lots of recently-added awesomeness and I haven't commented yet? AAAAAAAH! For shame, Aurora! FOR SHAME!

Both of the winter scenes are very cute! I especially like the one with Puppy-tan and AROS-tan because a puppy girl and a kitty girl skating together on the ice... Who says cats and dogs can't get along? (or in this case catgirls and dog girls?) And now that you made a Puppy-tan, YellowDog-tan also now has a playmate! :D *adds YellowDog-tan+Puppy-tan group picture idea to list of picture ideas*

That Amiga-tan+Windows 2.0-tan picture is beautiful and very emotional! ;019 2.0-tan has such a troubled life and Amiga-tan is there to comfort her because she too has had a troubled life! (Didn't Amiga get screwed over several times? Or does Amiga-tan just have a very good sense of empathy? Or both?)

----

I'll have to finish this comment later because I have to get going somewhere!

Bella

I almost forgot...VMS-sama v. Linux-sama: