Main Menu

Location Location Location

Started by L33t 4g3nt, May 08, 2005, 01:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Choco: I think I know where that is. That's where the Salem Witch Trials took place eons ago, right?
I'm probably wrong, but it's worth a guess

What adds to the weirdness of my hometown is how the name is pronounced; most would assume it's like the Middle Eastern country (Pal-UH-stein), but it's really more like how Fredric Frankenstein, from Young Frankenstein, pronounces his last name (PAL-es-STEEN). I couldn't make this shit up even if I tried...

Chocofreak13

heh. that's kinda funny.

and no, though alot of people confuse us with salem, ma. salem was a popular name back in the day (and still is), as a result there's alot of places called salem (including the capital of oregon). :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Palestine: Wait, isn't that the hometown of John Reagan?  Don't ask how I know that.....

Nichi

@stew: Yeah. In fact, there's a park named after him

Chocofreak13

you mean the oregon one, right? cause the only big parks in our town are named after landmarks or not after anything. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm not sure if there is one in Oregon, but the main park in my hometown is Reagan Park; getting it's name from John Reagan (In fact, there's a statue of him in the park; which I'll probably take a picture of sometime and post it). There is a 2nd park in town; the Dogwood Trails, which is the one I prefer now (It's a little more out of the way, but it's quieter and prettier; especially if you go in early spring. If the weather is just right, it's a nice place to have a picnic or read a book)

Unless you where referring to something else when talking about Oregon; in which case disregard the first 9 words of this post

Chocofreak13

aaaah. that would make alot more sense. :\
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Today's the last day I'm staying in the apartment I've lived in for nearly two years with Remilia. Tomorrow will be her move to another apartment, and after I'll stay two nights at her place before going over to my parents' place for the last remaining days in Finland. ^^

Nichi

@Pit: Cool

Current location: My hacker cave, with Asagi and 2k-tan the Desktop in front of me
Said hacker cave being located in the same town I'm always in; a no-man's land for PCs that aren't built around a Celeron)

Chocofreak13

@pitkin: good luck, and keep up posted ;v;
right now: surrounded by stuff, plugged into the wall.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Can you guess where I am?
-The state anthem is Maryland My Maryland
-The state motto is Manly Deeds, Womanly Words
-I'm surrounded by Marylanders
-The high today is like 150 degrees

Nichi

You are somewhere in Maryland Sparta

Bella

I was in Washington DC today.

You know, DC is the lovechild of Virginia and Maryland. He inherited his father's Southern charm-iness and his mother's propencity for godawful heat.

Chocofreak13

hope you had fun in the country's official unofficial state, bells. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I think she did.  It was really freakin' hot though.