The age of an Os-tan

Started by Pizza354, August 11, 2007, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

QuoteAgree with Darknight_88.. The first girl i 'met' among the OS-Tans is XP-Tan, so she's kinda special for me.. not only because i'm still using XP at my home.. Until sometime i don't understand why did she got that s****o title.. Eventhough now i understand the reason why, still to me it's hurt when she's called like that T_T ..
I am proud to say... I am one of those who first saw XP-tan... and then still I would call her Saseko. as for reasons that may tell why she is named one... well thre may be:
--| Low security features (OS-wise) - one could easily "sway" the software into doing what you want... not protected at all, doing what you say when you say... and would allow people to hack into her with ease of access almost equal to the administrator of the computer if you don't have third party support. At least that was when it was released... I don't know how much that changed now.

--| "Hentai Inside" (pun on Intel inside) - If you have looked around of H OS-tan doujins, you might note that she is the more popular character of choice for any given sex scene... as in... she has the more appearance out of the rest of OS-tans.

--| Somewhat Skimpy Clothing - Ever seen her clothing? When compared to most designs... she is the one with more (subliminally) sexy features in her attire. Her boobs are easily depicted, sometimes even to the point of excruciating detail. Her skirt seems to threaten to show of her undies with the temptation of just a breeze.

--| Then there's Her - If one looks about... she is the one most often drawn "hot-mamma-sexy-chick" style. It is rare to find drawngs of her not being sexy or 'tempting' in some way.

QuoteOw, sorry.. it's almost out of topics ;P About the age of the OS-Tans.. well.. for me it doesn't really matter.. because let's say 10 years later from now on.. i think their physical image will be still like now.. (speaking of immortality)

You could have always used the word ageless... immortal they aren't... that's for sure. Why? Because they are enventually going to be forgotten by the people that gave birth to them... be this one year from now... or a couple of millenia into the future.

In any case...

My thoughts on Os-tan age, both physical and mental, may lie on how is the software developed, how many versions there are available, and how much different they are form the other, as in, who is the OS version's target consumer. I wouldn't try to pick the age of a software in relation to another because it is obvious that Vista and the rival OSes that are released at this time will be the ones with the youngest age-representation... as in... total "babies", while the earlier versions would be the older sisters.

Hmm... now I wonder how old an ENIAC would be?
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Bella

Lifespan for an OS-tan is usually agreed upon as being how large of a userbase the OS in question has...

As for ENIAC...I guess an ENIAC-tan would be about as "old as time itself" O___O

*ponders ENIAC-tan*

C-Chan

Holy snap!  ENIAC was in part designed by the same people who would later go on to found UNIVAC, and eventually create EXEC-sama!  @v@

Talk about old.  ^___^'

Dos

But ms-dos have been around from the start so i think dos would be 27
-dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

C-Chan

*hugs DOS-chan*

My GAWD, is there no end to all the cute things that come out of this girl?!!  ^0^

Yep, you and you were twin sister PCDOS-tan were born in 1981, so indeed that would make both of youz a healthy 27 years old.  ^___^

By contrast, ENIAC-san was born in 1944.  ^.^