28 (22.6%)
20Mb or more
17 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: January 26, 2007, 03:29:44 PM

xonomech

----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

seth

Whats my internet speed? Not fast enough! Thats what it is, cause the net can never be fast enough :P

Smokey

Got about 1700 K downspeed and 466k up but thats because im on a cheapo internet connection (Cable).
But if I open DC my browsing completely goes to hell... Doesn't show on the speedtest though...strange
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Mr. Penguin

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the stone age with good ol' 56k. ._.;

One of these centuries I'll get cable. So far it seems like this site is still pretty speedy, even for someone as slow as me. I just have to wait several minutes if it's a picture thread, but I'm generally doing more than one thing anyway on the computer...
[/size]
Signature in progress, please hold.

NejinOniwa

Glorious 100Mbit/s. Oh how I love you.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Echo 8

Since WhoIs.com told me that ostan-collections.net points to a French server, I also tried some French speedtests, yielding anything from 200 to 700 kbit/s, depending on which test I took.

I'll redo the test later this month after I use up my monthly download quota - I get capped at 64/64 kbit/s after 6 GB of download.
Echo 8: I\'m the smartest person alive!!!
*Echo 8 trips over a rotting corpse

Dos

It said i am going around 520k.
-dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

CyberFoxx

Advertised as being 7Mbit/sec down, 512Kbit/sec up, so they're close to meeting what they promise.

Oh, and the site loads blazingly fast for me.

Dragonofhonr

I think mine is a 512k.

I tried that speed test on the first page. I tried areas in the US, and got around 700-800kb in downloading. Then I tried the Philippines and got 462kb.

NejinOniwa

MY SWEDISH BROADBAND SPEEDS DWARF YE ALL, SUCKERS!  ;006 [/b]

Odin Yggdrasil

Hughesnet home basic is rated at 768kb/s down 128kb/s up, actual transfer normally tops out around 150kb/s download.

Though I get cut off if I download more than 200MB every 24 hours, which totally sucks. Thank god I can use the college network.

NejinOniwa

Wtf is up with bandwidth limitations anyway? There isn't even such a thing around here.

Odin Yggdrasil

Basically it means your ISP is too cheap to upgrade their infastructure to actually provide the service they are selling you, so you get a nice bang on the draw for a little while and then they cut you off. Their reason being that a minority of their customers make up the majority of the usage on their networks.

I say as long as the routing access permissions are set the same at their end, it doesn't matter how much I use I still have to share it equally with all other users of their network. Meaning that their 'claim' is utter bull, they just don't want me to be able to get my money's worth out of it nor do they want to upgrade their systems to actually provide the bandwidth they promise for an extended period of time.

nmkd

wow, i can only dream of a 10Mb broadband!

Daren

I get anywhere from 6mb to about 10mb