OS-Tan banners

Started by Fedora-Tan, January 26, 2007, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrdin

FLASH would be cool, but I'd have to learn it first. I'm using Adobe ImageReady and Photoshop to make these images.

C-Chan

No problemo, we can fix you up with Flash.... ^__^

Granted it's no cakewalk if you want to do complicated things, but simple animations can be done with little more than the first couple of pages with the help files.  -v-

Granted still you can compress the animations further if you use vector rather than raster graphics, but that too can be arranged if you're interested.  ^___^

CaptBrenden

ahh good old image ready... not -_- I stand by photoshop.. but image ready just sucks.. its the worst for trying to do frame by frame animation -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

It ain't THAT bad, but agreed,... ImageReady interface could be a little more intuitive.  -v-'

I thought MotionArtist would be easier to use than Flash -- but if you can't produce anything by playing around with controls on first-go, chances are the interface isn't intuitive enough.  Despite the Actionscript hell and clunky native vector graphic tools, you can use Flash decently just by keeping to the default stuff.   ^__^

Fedora-Tan

Prior anyone works on flash banners, i'll first *check* if they can be embedded without problems.

Added after 34 minutes:

I made a test here. Please report if it works or no.
Please also state which browser you are using and any glitches that could show.

I selected a big flash on purpose (~7Mb) so if it works for this, it'll work for everything.
It's troubled windows opening, don't forget to click on the button to start the animation once it's loaded ^_^ (if doubts, just download the real thing in the download section).

Should have sound as well.

For me it works (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr-FR; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061219 Fedora/1.5.0.9-1.fc6 Firefox/1.5.0.9 pango-text)

Added after 33 seconds:

My, my, I forgot the link ^^;

http://www.blackdiam.net/ostan-test/

Tsubashi

Worked for me (Safari 2.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.1), no noticeable glitches or quirks. It will be cool if this works!
-Tsu

Fedora-Tan

I mostly fear about IE since i used XHTML strict tags, from universal and standard W3C. Therefore, i assume it'll just NOT work with IE ^_^

Added after 2 minutes:

Works with Opera :)
(Opera/9.10 (X11; Linux i686; U; fr)

Added after 6 minutes:

Works also with IE under linux, only difference is IE doesn't support transparency, therefore the video looks a bit bugged.

Tested on IE5, IE5.5 and IE6, same results.

Added after 2 minutes:

I spoke too fast, the flash crashes if I click on it under IE5 ^_^

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00950b58 in 32-bit code (0x70fb85c0).

Tsubashi

QuoteI spoke too fast, the flash crashes if I click on it under IE5
LOL, but what can you expect!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Touche.... ^__^

Sorry,.. slowly phasing out all M$ products, so can't help you aside from more Firefox tests.  Works great both on Xubuntu and XPME (w/ Firefox 2.0.0.1), btw.  ^^;

I had forgotten how cute that opening theme is.  ^.^

Laevatein

Banner's somewhat... quaint isn't it? XD To be expected from a test though, but still nice ^^

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Fedora-Tan

Any feedback from a IE 7 under windows ?

C-Chan

If my workplace stays away from IE7, that can't be good news for that browser....  ^^;

Fedora-Tan

I'd need a sample (even ugly and static) of a 450x90 banner in flash format to see how it looks like in the real thing. Please make it as small as possible regarding filesize... even if i don't have any illusions about that.

< 100kb would be awesome but ... ah... i'm told it's not possible ^^; Too bad :D

C-Chan

Give me 6 hours and I'll have something for you ASAP.  ^___^

Might be beatin' to the punch, though, but then again my Flash banner will probably be in the single digit KB range.  ^.^

CaptBrenden

Yeah, Image ready is not bad if doing frame by frame animation with layers and no onion skining is your cup of tea.  It was not ment for that.   Hell it down right sucks for that. Unless you want static images that move over the file.. id find something else soon Myrdin.  Flash is good.. but hooking you up would be pirating Im sure.  Tho I admit that my copy was once pirated, I did eventually go out and buy it to show my support of the program.

as I intend to for the prog that C-Chan gave me.  Thanks agian btw.  your bacon is safe for now.  

Flash is good for its interface for the frame by frame animation.. but im not happy with its drawing tools. Lines are not pressure sensitive, so you have to draw with the brush, and that prevents you from using tools to modify fills only.. because your lines count as fills too.  Ive seen rare flashes that look real good.. but for the most part.. its graphics are too.. simple.. the price you pay for small file size.

BTW, the flash banner showed up fine on IE 7 (which I use) so no problems there.  The troubled windows opening is sooo tiny o_o
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.