Main Menu

Gunz

Started by SleepyD, January 22, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

eh well, crossbows to me are just guns that use string and fire bolts :P at least they are real weapons.  And trust me, youd loose that bet. I have airsoft too, and I can tell you no matter how you use them, they always pale in compairison to the real thing.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

yes, but you are referring to airsoft, wich is indeed crap, i am referring to pellet guns wich are basically rifles and pistols wich fire lead bullets but use air/gas instead of gunpowder...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

No, actually, in my book Airsoft is superior to them.  At least airsoft you can use your fake guns to have skirmishes with your friends :P  remove that, and there really is no point why Id like them more then a real fire arm.. plus, like the second pic you posted.. it looked rather silly.

Smokey

well, that is a real fun thing for shooting stuff in the backyard, since it has full-auto burst modes and a 400 round mag...

But at least see that the only thing air guns don't have is the power and sound of a firearm, for the rest they're just as nice...

Oh, and also... you forgot one thing about crossbows, they provide a nice workout while you're using them ^_^ a good one requires respectable power to "cock" them...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

Heh, I dont have a back yard. If i did, thats where I should shoot my airsoft :p  But no, when I shoot my fire arms I go out to either a range or a skeet feild.  Pop up targets etc, good fun. Shooting at clay pidgeons as they fly through the air with a shotgun is awesome, especialy if there are multiple discs and your using a pump action shotgun. Plus pelet gun lack the pwoer that really makes them fun to shoot. anyone can hit a target when there is no real kick ;p

besides, having super huge round capacities takes the fun out of it. for my airsoft i specificly avoid the high cap mags and get the real capacity ones. As revolver ocelot said, reloading is exilarating, especialy in combat. Being good at reloading is more important then being good at shooting.

Smokey

true, but they had to increase the round cap in that gun because with it's predecessor you'd empty a mag in 1 or 2 seconds when it was modded to 1200rpm...

BTW, are tourists able to rent a gun and shoot some clips at a range in the US?...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

yeah. sign a safety waver saying your not gonna sue them if you shoot yourself, rent hearing protection, eye protection,  targets gun and ammo, plus a lane.  in my case i own all that so I just need a lane.

and they are MAGAZINES *nerd rage* not clips :p

also, pellet guns cant be carried with you to defend youself against assault/robbery and such. I dont go anywhere without my sidearm, and usually i got my body armor on too

Smokey

nope, i'll give you that...making an air gun lethal requires preparation for the task: you will need darts and dip their tips in a poisonous substance, or you will need a high powered air rifle...

I have a high powered rifle and the darts, but for personal defence the only weapon i have wich is practical enough is my hunting knife...

btw this thread was better off being named "weapons" because i also want to learn Kenjutsu, wich now has no place here since it involves martial arts using swordfighting...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

you know <_< unless you have poison that acts INSTANTLY, i wouldnt advise that, plus, I dont think i would trust even a high power pellet rifle to have the power to effectivly kill unless you get a lucky shot. heck, the 22 long rifle bullet my walther P22 uses would be hard to harm someone significantly with, and there are those that argure the 9mm is too weak.  

tho I really dont have much problem there, I tend to carry my .50, nothing will survive that,it will put a hole in someone the size of a grape fruit with one hit.

VonDaab

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"heck, the 22 long rifle bullet my walther P22 uses would be hard to harm someone significantly with
I disagree.

NejinOniwa

Oh yeah, that guy.

Nice shirt, though.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well, a hole the size of a grapefruit,, may be an understatement if you use hollow tipped rounds, wich mushroom like crazy...

And as por the poison, smash an old thermostst and dip a dart-tip in the mercury... may not work instantly, but it will work... (if you were to make a kill on an unsuspecting target)
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Quote from: "Smokey"And as por the poison, smash an old thermostst and dip a dart-tip in the mercury... may not work instantly, but it will work... (if you were to make a kill on an unsuspecting target)
Errr... what?
Where do you read this stuff from?

Smokey

basic logic: poisons in holland are hard to come by, mercury is poisonous and comes in olt thermostats...

So if you're a bit twisted (read: sociopath) you could use that method....

But i'm more for destroying broken hifi setss in the backyard with my "gun"
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Mercury is indeed poisonous, BUT, only in bit bigger amounts than just what a thermometer contains.
You got to remember that in the olden days, mercury was used as a medicine for cleaning your blood vessels. It didnt straight kill people, but it did detoriate their health after some time.