Main Menu

Gunz

Started by SleepyD, January 22, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Yes, it was quite the the explosion.  My sister is EOD infact, she just got back from Aftganistan.  But as for the guns.. just as a cop cant take a gun seised in a raid home, neither can we.  Korea and now.. are quite a bit different.  No only one weapon per UNIT may return to the states, and it has to be demilled.  We have one AK-47 in our armory from Aftganistan right after 9/11.. but the bolt, trigger, fire selector and muzzel were all welded beyond any use or repair.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Laevatein

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"every last one.

come to think of it.. I think I have footage of us usign a tank to crush one to make it in-op

You have a way of uploading that footage for the rest of us to see? This I'd really like to see XD Such waste of good weapons, though less weapons to keep track off, less likely they'll end up in the wrong hands ^^;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

i dont have a place to upload video.. nore to i feel i want to. it pains me to see them destroyed too.

CaptBrenden

OOOH I remembered what that new rifle that the military is looking at now that the OWIC and XM-8 are a no go, its the FN SCAR or FN SOF Combat Assault Rifle.  Its going to be made in to a mix and match weapon where you can swap out barrels and parts in a mater of minutes to change it from a 5.56 to 7.62 or from a carbine to a full sized rifle, or even to an automatic rifle.  Its pretty bad ass... but instead of being all space age looking, they made it a natural step up from the M16 series.  Evolution vs Revolution. But I personaly like tried and true things rather then experimental when it comes to my life on the line.

Least, thats what Ive heard and read in the Marine Corps Times som while ago.

but seriosly.. who would want to carry this damn thing?

and I feel like im gonna break this damn thing... plus like the current rifle series.. they are manufacured in set configurations... not very versitle.

Myrdin

Internally the SCAR looks like it has more in common with the FAL than the M16. My understanding was that the SCAR project was for SOCOM units and that the regulars would use whatever the FCS project decides on, whenever they finally decide on something. It's interesting to note how similar the new vehicle lineup is to the British Scorpion design philosophy.

CaptBrenden

Last I heard.. and this was.. decemberish if I recall, I saw a article in the Marine Corps Times about how the SCAR was now the number one contender for the M-16 series replacement.   The XM-8 was suspended in like.. 2005 as the US Military relized that we needed to rethink our choice for a new rifle as our role in combat changed.

EDIT:

oh, and if you want a SCAR airsoft rifle..
http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1450&catid=

Laevatein

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

alll of that and no jackle for hellsing -_- im dissapointed.  tho i want vashes gun.

zjhentohlauedy

both casull and jackal will be great!

vash's gun.. I want wolfwood's gun/guns

CERUBERUS KIT.. *drools*
i'd go berserk if i had those.
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

BWAHAHAHAHA

I am now the proud owner of a .44 Desert Eagle, and a 1954 Mauser rifle!!

I also spent all day today shooting skeet and cans.  My ears are ringing but I couldnt be happier.

greyfish

I want an AKM, so i could hold up the bank.I could set the record as the worlds youngest bank robbber.Too bad we're not allowed to own firearms here ;014 .

CaptBrenden

Thats a pretty bad reason to own a gun. -_-

Tho, its been quite some time since i posted in this thread, I had forgotten about it.  So much in fact my personal collection has grown quite a bit.  it now consists of:

a Mauser rifle...

.50  Desert Eagle (im about to get it sent off to the manufacurer to get this coating put on it..

A civilian M-4 for work, exept mine has the fullsize adjustable stock.. not that smaller version pictured here..

A berretta PX4 Storm also for work. 9mm veriety

a walther p22 22LR with extended compensator for stability:

a Mossberg M590 12guage also also for work:

a black powder pistol much like this one, but with polished brass, looks new.  I should take a picture of it someday...

and a break-action double barrel 12guage, very similar to this one exept its from the wild west and was most likely hand made but a gunsmith.  Ive got it broken down into its smallest peices wire brushing all the rust and crud its acumulated over the years, and then i want to get it blued and the stock treated.

greyfish

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Thats a pretty bad reason to own a gun. -_-

i dont any other reason to own a gun. Unless u are plotting a bank robbery or u are a salavatating Nazi who believes in institutionalised rasism.There is no actual need to posess any thing heavier than a pistol.

CaptBrenden

-_- your ignorance hurts me.  However, you made a good point.

DONT EVER EVER GET A GUN.

I fear what you would actually do with it.

For someone that has a ferrari in their sig I would have expected you to understand.  Im assuming your a car person.  Why do you like cars?  They look neat?  You like to go fast?  You have a fasination with complex finly tuned machinery that turns into something awsome in the hands of a master?

Id like to think its something along the last one.   Just as car people lift the hood of a car and drool over it,  thats what gun people do when they look at guns.    

I dont own a gun so I can go shoot people, rob a bank, or any of that other stuff people think guns are for.  I own them because they are facinating peices of machinery.  Its enjoyable to look online or shop around for high quality parts  or upgrades for them, fine tuning them making them as accurate as possible.  

Plus, target shooting is a blast.    It takes a great deal of skill to shoot well and hours and hours of practice, but when you can hit a basketball sized target at 500yards with iron sights (no scope or magnification of any kind) its preticuraly satisfying.

Again, as I mentioned before as well, I carry them for work.  Its part of my job.  There is another reason to own the most acurate finely tuned weapons on the market, because ill be trusting my life to them (and another reason to spend those hours on the range, because he who shoots accuratly first, wins)

In addition to work and hobby shooting there is also hunting.  No one hunts with a pistol (though my grandpa carrys a.44 magnum with him when he is in the wilderness.. it takes alot to puncture the skull of an attacking bear)

Personal safety if you live in a bad neighborhood is another good reason to carry one.  There are many reasons to own a gun, but it sounds like you wouldnt be a responsible owner who respects the weapon, so yes. you should never own one nor do you have a reason to.  People that are ingnorant about guns should not own them.

BTW... Most gun laws are more strict on pistols, not rifles.  Pistols are what are typicly used by the bad element as they are concealable.  Its a great deal harder to walk into a bank with a 3 foot long rifle concealed.

greyfish

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
"Again, as I mentioned before as well, I carry them for work.  Its part of my job. "

"BTW... Most gun laws are more strict on pistols, not rifles.  Pistols are what are typicly used by the bad element as they are concealable.  Its a great deal harder to walk into a bank with a 3 foot long rifle concealed".

a few things i dont get.
First, You're a security guard,and u need to carry a riffle? Right.
Second, you cant rob a bank with a pistol. u need a machine gun.
Third,I doesn't take much to know that im a ignorant,self centred $!#@$#@.Just look at the cars i like.See the car, know the man.