Main Menu

Gunz

Started by SleepyD, January 22, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Okay, I stand corrected, sorta. Techincly yeah thats man portable, but its a crew served weapon. You cant "carry" and fire that. It takes a team to fire the weapon, and its mounted on a tripod or a vehicle.  Trying to carry and shoot that would be like trying to carry and shoot a 81mm mortar, Mk19, or M2 .50 cal machine gun. It will man handle you, no matter how big you are.  

also, fixed the link to the second video, give it a watch, its important to see the compairison

Added after 6 minutes:

oh, some MK19 footage.. gotta love 40mm grenade firing machine guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Jg36qwsog&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8i9KsNfPOU

Added after 3 minutes:

ooooh the 134 in action, and some AWESOME footage of it. Im glad i got to sqeese off a few rounds with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3k6r_4s9o&feature=related
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Will do and i saw a nice grenade revolver a while ago in Future Weapons...
Now that will get the message across...  ;025
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

please god, dont tell me your talking about the M32...

its a soggy bag of smashed assholes that thing, dont even get me started. Half the crap on future weapons is junk, and the makers of that junk pay them to to showcase the weapon in the best light possible.  The m32 is junk, the US military wasted every cent they ever spent on it, period.

Smokey

Ah, sou...
But there must be a good grenade launcher wich can launch more than one grenade before reloading...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

yeah, the MK 19 :p

It takes LONGER to fire all 6 grenades from the m32, then reload it and fire again, then it does to simply fire one round at a time from a M208 under your rifle, and your less likely to waste rounds by firing multiple shots into the same target when one will likely do. IF you have to fire more then one shot into something, there is a m203  in every 4 man fire team, and 3 fireteams per squad, you just have the 3 203 gunners fire in sequence so one is firing while the others reload, and youll get a good rate of fire.  Plus the thing is a ginormus cluncky peice of crap, that in order to be able to be of use to the squad you have to carry it AND a rifle, and ammuniton for both anyways.  Some units have started to request the old vietnam "bloopers" to be pulled from storage and sent over to them as they are more useful then the M32.

Not to mention the thing is built shotty... out of the 45 m32 my unit recived, in 3 months we broke the stock off over 17 of them.  Not by abuse even, simply having it slung and jumping down from a troop carrier truck snapped the stock off one.  The are made shotty and they are ineffective and inefficiant.

Smokey

Ah, that is indeed a better weapon, even at first glance you can see that... It has a higher "magazine" capacity, so that is good, and i guess you can set one of those up a small bit away from your target and pummel them while men are closing in...
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

You got to remember that the M32 weights twice as much as the service rifle. So the poor guy whos carrying the M32, cant really carry anything else.

Smokey

true, but that is even obvious in games... If you carry one of those and want to bring a (assault-) rifle, you'll have to carry it on your back...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Quoteits a soggy bag of smashed assholes that thing, dont even get me started. Half the crap on future weapons is junk, and the makers of that junk pay them to to showcase the weapon in the best light possible. The m32 is junk, the US military wasted every cent they ever spent on it, period.

Thank you, I had my suspicions while watching that show, now I have confirmation, yes! XD

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Well i didn't believe it as the almighty truth, but i thought, that they couldn't fake the performannce...
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Quote from: "Smokey"true, but that is even obvious in games... If you carry one of those and want to bring a (assault-) rifle, you'll have to carry it on your back...
Yet, sadly I see people in games running around with anti-tank rifles, shooting from the hip. Headshotting people from 10feet.

VIDEOGAMES ARE ALWAYS INCREDIBLY REALISTIC AND BELIEVABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

Smokey

Yeah, lol...
Although i am a sucker for the RPG-7 (not accurate) and Javelin in CoD4... But even the Javelin, albeit a wicked doombringer to tanks, is a bitch to handle (but a dream to aim, be it slow, making you a sitting duck)...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

QuoteYou got to remember that the M32 weights twice as much as the service rifle. So the poor guy whos carrying the M32, cant really carry anything else

oh, that didnt stop them from making our guys carry it.  one m32, plus 12 rounds, a rifle, plus 180 rounds, body armor and kevlar helmet, with front back and side armor peircing round resistant plates (weighing twice as much as a normal armor plate) 2 canteens and one camel back of water, and a IFAK (individual firstaid kit) and thats without his pack.   most guys started just leaving it in the truck.

Smokey

can't blam 'em...
But i see the russians and germans also made a version of the Mk 19...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteWell i didn't believe it as the almighty truth, but i thought, that they couldn't fake the performannce...

Well, I was referring more specially to this part of the quote:

QuoteHalf the crap on future weapons is junk, and the makers of that junk pay them to to showcase the weapon in the best light possible.

I tend to be a skeptic in general, but when you have a show that tests weapons for their quality and the makers of the weapons are there and the tests never end in disappointment, I think that's more than enough reason for suspicion...

I still watch the show, but never for serious weapon stuff.  More for explosions, really....

The Choice of a New Generation.