What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

My surname is the same as that of a Sicilian mafia family. Italy is a bit everywhere, really.
PAAASTAAAAAAAAA~!!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Sora

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"My surname is the same as that of a Sicilian mafia family. Italy is a bit everywhere, really.
PAAASTAAAAAAAAA~!!!!
Well, I knew you were sinister but that takes the cake...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Don't worry. As long as you're not infringing on my territories and businesses, you should be largely safe.

Crossfire might catch you though. Keep an eye out.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: NejinOniwaDon't worry. As long as you're not infringing on my territories and businesses, you should be largely safe.

Crossfire might catch you though. Keep an eye out.
*hugs a nejin* THAT'S AMAZING OwO

Quote from: Bella
Quote from: IanDanKilmasterThe "13" is most likely the age she was when she first started using the username.  Please keep in mind that the name is a carryover, so no, that doesn't mean she was 13 when she joined.

So Bella, why so Italian?

I think I remembered Choco-san once saying 13 was her favourite number. I could be wrong, though.

you're both right. i originally started using that user on Ga!a when i was 13, but shortly turned 14 after. i never used it for that purpose, however; 13 is my favourite number, even now that i am older.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"My surname is the same as that of a Sicilian mafia family. Italy is a bit everywhere, really.
PAAASTAAAAAAAAA~!!!!

At the risk of sounding like a complete cultural dunce, I did not know there were Sicilian-related people in whichever Scandinavian country you live in. XD

NejinOniwa

We aren't. My father's father's father made the name up, based on something completely different, but it happens to be the same as theirs... -w-; And quite a few times I've been mistaken for an italian in name lists and so on.

The funny part is that we DO have relatives in italy...but I think they're from my father's mother's side, so they probably don't have that name.
I think.
And they moved there from Sweden.
So yeah.
Small world. Or something.

Sora

Come down to the Outback and say that. We have farms down here the size of small countries.
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Sweden isn't a small country. We have forests the size of small countries. Which, considering the amount of deforestation we've gone through, is quite amazing.

And the oldest registered forestry company is older than your nation and even the colonization of your continent by a few centuries, so there. (in case you don't get it, this makes my arguments superior to whatever you come up with)

stewartsage

Ah America, where a Scotch-Irish boy can arrive in Boston with nothing and die fifty years later a military hero and a retired Congressmen.  And curse seven generations of their male descendants with the same name.

Virginia: Yes, we still have trees

Sora

I wasn't actually thinking of Sweden when I said that. Most of Europe will fit in Australia.

Chocofreak13

well, not sweden exactly. and you still fit in us. xD

ah, boston. beautiful, cultural center in some parts, crimeinfested rathole in others. ^^ they were actually going to make an adult swim series called southies based off of south boston. wonder what happened. (it actually looked pretty good, and kinda true xD)

at least boston isn't as bad as lawerence. *shakes head*
click to make it bigger

Sora

NejinOniwa

So I'm not an European anymore? Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

IanDanKilmaster

Is it just me or is this place just reeking of nationalism?

Topicless...
Member Intro...
and now here...

Do these discussions ever take place in the Location (where they would arguably belong) thread?

Anyway, this thread and Member Intro are way OT... is it just the holiday spirit overtaking us?

The Choice of a New Generation.