What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamore

Interesting story in here.
My nick came from a simple word, it just have some history behind it. It just came from my fondness of the sea and the whale (especially, Orca). Seamore, came from more sea.
But before I started using this nick, I usually use nick Zenislez.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Nichi

Mine comes from my first laptop, which I received as a Christmas gift in 2003 (It was powered by a Pentium processor with MMX technology). I don't have that laptop anymore (It died on me years ago), but it still lives on in name.

CaptBrenden

Quote from: "SgtCFoxtrot"I generally create names from military rank plus phonetic phrases.

Thus, SgtCFoxtrot is: Sergeant Charlie Foxtrot

Which is an enlisted man/woman of Sergeant Rank named after a Cluster F**k. :D

Essentially, Sergeant Bad Stuff Happenin'.

Well thats better then Sgt. Bohica.   Bend over here it comes again!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Rubabel

mmmm... mine is very simple; it's a combination of my name

hiro_yui_eva01

hiro yui is my name, eva01 is a tribut for the mecha

Dzeudzekai

nothing just resigned a few words here and my nickname ^^

anonemouse

My name is just because I've learned that anonymous is not a very good nickname. Bonus points for me becuase my nickname was in an issue of PC Gamer magazine.

Smokey

should work on a cooking forum too with an extra s "anonemousse"...
Seriously though great find...:D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Anemonemousse, maybe?

Replacement for Nori leaves. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

"with friends like that, who needs anemones"   lol...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Cockleshell

I was listening to a song and right as i found this site, it said cockleshell so i signed up as cockleshell..
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Smokey

Wow, i don't know wether to call that totally randomness, epic, or... eeeh...

man i never heard of that before ;010
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Blearbob

Heh. My name was actually chosen to differentiate from another name I picked up -- my name as an author.

I'd rather nobody else mentioned this, but I first picked up the name

Bane_Chao

Because I was a complete-and-utter Chao fanatic (I still have an awesome Chao garden to this day, SA2), and needed an author name. It even led to an icon I could make.

However, I grew out of the name (and the authorsona I gave it), so I shelved that name and turned it into a Bonus Boss . . .

Next came M. Burusu (DON'T ANYONE REVEAL THIS TO ANYONE, -PLEASE- -- it's not that I'm embarrassed at all, it's just that I like to keep names seperate). That one came up when I saw an image titled 'Burusu Neenja' -- a picture of Muramasa Blues from the Rockman.EXE manga. The 'Burusu' for 'Blues' clicked, and a shield-toting authorsona was born.

How that same authorsona ended up as being a whacko with a mane of purple hair, red eyes, a too-tight grey coat with a broach fastening it together (plus a skintight black vest underneath and a pair of pants, with spike-toed boots and black gloves to finish it off) is ANYONE'S GUESS.

Then, when I went to DeviantArt, I decided to take up a different name -- one that I wouldn't be recognized under. It soon came to pass that that would be my 'Public domain' DevID, and so I'm thinking of changing it again (because it lists the name as 'Blear', which is a persona I don in more . . . questionable sectors). That DevID was 'ObligatoryBob' (hit me up if you want to talk, but for the life of me I can't get the chat feature to work).

Next, I decided I needed a repository for my less . . . safe-for-work viewing. So, I took the name I'd used on a forum, Blear, and added 'Bob' to the end of it to make 'BlearBob'.

So yeah -- it's evolution.
Call me crazy, but I think I\'m missing a few cards. *holds up Dark Deck* Where\'s my Horus? *brick\'d*

Alex S

Nice. Yours actually has a story, whereas mine is just a pseudonym that I use everywhere.

By the way, BLUES.EXE FTW!  AND COLONEL.EXE! ROCKMAN.EXE IS EPIC WIN!