Your own Os-tans and kuns

Started by Spysweeper, November 28, 2006, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spysweeper

Oh yeah that reminds me another character i'm making up The Time Clock Sama, he's gonna be skinny and tall as well his design is coming along well so far i'll reveal him soon enough.

GBolt_0

Mmmh... I think mobiles are slowly becoming like computers... they have powerful CPUs, much RAM and they have their own... OS!!! What about S60-Tan, S40-Tan and S80-Tan (All the editions...)? As well as the extension Sis-Tan, Sisx-Tan, Jar-Tan (Or J2ME-Tan)... It would be nice.
I implore you to forgive my speaking of English, as I'm not so premium with it.

C-Chan

That's the spirit!  ^__^
If you love the concept of OS-tans, there should be nothing to stop you or anyone from coming up with new ones!  Onward brave innovators!  ^v^

Bella

This thread's been quiet lately...

Nobody's ever done a Windows Cairo-tan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_%28operating_system%29

Or Nashville-tan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Nashville

Not much info on them, but you know how I love prototype/canceled OS-tans ;)

deusprogrammer

I made some personifications of the company I work for (Volt Technical Resources and 2Wire).  I have also created the CPU Goddess, which I feel is the personality we kind of assign to our computers through how we decorate it and treat it (consciously or unconsciously).  My story ideas go around a computer nerd finding a computer left out on someone's curb (like an old Relic, like a 386) and he lovingly takes it in and cleans it up and fixes it and powers it up.  Then to his surprise the CPU goddess comes out of the screen because of the kindness that the afore mentioned computer nerd showed the ancient computer no one else would have wasted time on.  And then because of the emergence of the slow witted, yet sweet 386 CPU Goddess, his other computers' CPU Goddesses show themselves and fight for attention.  Granted it's a bit derivative (it has the whole Archie/Tenchi complex), but I think it's cute enough.  In any case, I have named the 386 CPU Goddess Cecilia (somewhat old fashioned sounding, so I felt it fit).  And then I have the CPU Goddess Dual, who is a Dual Core Centrino Processor, also a lot younger looking.  And then Lapi-chan the Laptop's CPU Goddess.  If anyone likes this idea, please come up with new CPU Goddesses ^^.

C-Chan

QuoteI made some personifications of the company I work for (Volt Technical Resources and 2Wire). I have also created the CPU Goddess, which I feel is the personality we kind of assign to our computers through how we decorate it and treat it (consciously or unconsciously). My story ideas go around a computer nerd finding a computer left out on someone's curb (like an old Relic, like a 386) and he lovingly takes it in and cleans it up and fixes it and powers it up. Then to his surprise the CPU goddess comes out of the screen because of the kindness that the afore mentioned computer nerd showed the ancient computer no one else would have wasted time on. And then because of the emergence of the slow witted, yet sweet 386 CPU Goddess, his other computers' CPU Goddesses show themselves and fight for attention. Granted it's a bit derivative (it has the whole Archie/Tenchi complex), but I think it's cute enough. In any case, I have named the 386 CPU Goddess Cecilia (somewhat old fashioned sounding, so I felt it fit). And then I have the CPU Goddess Dual, who is a Dual Core Centrino Processor, also a lot younger looking. And then Lapi-chan the Laptop's CPU Goddess. If anyone likes this idea, please come up with new CPU Goddesses ^^.

Yo's and salutations, DeusEx!  ^v^

Yeah, I saw a bit of your art while I was on vacation, though sadly I couldn't reply at the time.

Your have an interesting character design that appropriately harkens back to the 70's, late 80's Anime drawing style.  Rail-chan definitely strikes me as both cute and vibrantly colorful, and is now getting me curious as to the kind of game you're cookin' up.  ^___^
In any event, another artist among us will of invaluable help, although I can assure you that your skills as a programmer will be particularly sought-after! ^.^

Given my own hobby, I reckon I'd get the CPU goddess (Cecilia, is it?) visit me all the time (although admittedly I've not recently dealt with computers as old as pre-486's).  I myself have created some quasi CPU-tans (e.g., Commodore PET, Commodore 64, Apple II), but none of them would be considered goddesses in my story arc.  Only the Mainframe-tans (e.g., z/OS, MVS, TPS, VSE) could fill those shoes, and only because they're so friggin HUGE.  ^^;

In any event, welcome to our forum!  ^v^

deusprogrammer

We could almost have a Mythology of OS-Tans and CPU goddesses.  Wouldn't that be interesting?  And then have the muses...like MP3-tan, AVI-tan, and JPEG-tan.  The head goddess could be Goddess Binary or Goddess.exe .  Just throwing ideas around.

As far as the game I'm cooking up, it all takes place in a little universe I have set up (with several chapters of story I've worked up so far), but as far as Rail-chan goes, she is a decommissioned military android who was trying to get work as a civilian...but ultimately her programming led her astray and she was unable to preform her jobs without setting something on fire or destroying her place of employee...but ultimately evil reared it's ugly head again and being the only decommissioned military android with her original programming she goes back into action to prevent the evil Doctor Nomura from covering the world in zippers.

VonDaab

It was a boring electronics class.

Somekind of design concepts.

Aurora Borealis

Those are very funny and cute! I especially like the Proton-tan! Ironic that she's so negative! And the usage of an internet meme is another nice touch! ;010

C-Chan

Yep, I concur.  ^__^

Great work, and aside from that, I'm an instant fan of your Cat5-tan.  Very creative work there (especially on the tail!)  ^__^

Ohm-tan is pretty cute too (kinda reminds me a little of ME), although if you've ever watched Lovely Complex, you'll get my comparing her and Neutron-kun to Risa and Otani respectively (and since I love the series, that there's a compliment!).  ^v^

Meiko Taniguchi

This was a PM sent to C-chan sent a long time ago. As the lot of you folk may know, I'm quite a sim-racing freak, and therefore I couldn't help but create descriptions for "sim-tans". They are personifications of popular racing simulations of the PC. It could be a verrrrrrrry stupid idea.

I want to netkarPRO-tan sometime soon...

QuoteKonichiwa (Is that right?) C-chan!

As you probably know, I am a _huge_ racing sim and OS-tan fan... Seeing as though the racing simulations out on the market today are quite a few, I thought it would be a great idea to have racing sim-tans.

Well... hmm... let's see what I've got on my end of ideas for you C-chan...
---
The Image Space Family
---
The ISI family of sim-tans are one of the most commanding of the race simulation industry. Their vast knowledge and success in creating Formula One racing simulations for the average gamer's PC or console make them one of the most popular. Sadly though, the majority of the family are not into "tintops" (Cars with roofs on them).
=====
rFactor-tan
Name : rFactor-tan
aka : rF-chan,
Weight : ?? kg
Height : 189 cm
Eye colour : orange
Hair colour : Varies
Quick Facts :
- Has NO set costume whatsoever.
- Claims she is the best. (Well, she is, for modding...)
- Is a rival to LFS S2-tan.
- Loves a wide variety of motorsport.
- Does not like road cars.
- Is self-centred.
- Has huge and unwieldy breasts.
- Is really crazy about changing her looks.
=====
F1 Challenge
Name : F1 Challenge-tan
aka : F1C-chan
Height : 180 cm
Eye colour : light blue
Hair colour : yellow
Quick Facts :
- Loves Ferraris.
- Loves Formula One.
- Wears red wherever she goes.
- Is hyperactive whenever she watches a Formula One race, real or not.
- Doesn't know anything about multiple class racing.
- Prefers to keep hair long.
- Prefers to wear skirts rather than pants when not racing.
---
The Simbin Group
---
The Simbin Group are based off of the ISI family for all their simulation-based work, but their likeness for motorsport is in a rather different catagory the ISI family don't really support much - GT racing.
=====
GTR
Name : GTR-tan
Height : 170 cm
Eye colour : blue
Hair colour : black
Quick Facts :
- Loves GT racing. Moreso FIA GT than anything else.
- Doesn't seem to mind LFS S2-tan as much.
- Is extremely shy; will often stay in her mech-box (ala the 98-tans)
- Is almost anti-social.
- Is also a very suicidal, especally after her sister GTR2-tan showed up.
- Doesn't care much about her hair, so as long as it does not get in her way.
- Hopes the other Simbin-tans will shut up.
- Dons a set of hairclips which appear to be similar to the GTR logo.
- Doesn't like open-wheelers.
- Dons white racing overalls.
=====
GT Legends
Name : GT Legends-tan
aka : GTL-chan
Height : 165 cm
Hair colour : dark blue
Quick Facts :
- Is the shortest of all Simbin-tans.
- Tries to be friends with GPL-tan and LFS S2-tan.
- Is very friendly, but also a bit accident prone.
- Enjoys classic touring cars the most.
- Wishes she were back in the 60's.
- Is not a hippie despite that.
- Loves surfing.
- Hates modern-day cars.
=====
GTR2
Name : GTR2-tan
Height : 175 cm
Eye colour : Red
Hair colour : Black
Quick Facts :
- Has huge and sometimes rather unwieldy breasts, but not so much as other her sister Race-tan (Has high requirements, but are little in comparison to RACE)
- Enjoys almost all forms of GT racing, but enjoys FIA GT the most.
- Often tries to break up fights between LFS S2 and rFactor-tan, but is often beaten up in the process
- Dons red racing overalls.
- Often, when out of her racing overalls, wears earclips similarly shaped to a mix of both the GTR logo and Homeko's earclips.
- Also, has braids down her left bang which form a rough '2'
- Is a bit of a showoff.
- Doesn't like open-wheelers. (GTR has NO open wheelers)
- Prefers to keep hair short.
=====
RACE
Name : Race-tan
Eye colour : red
Quick Facts :
- Has extremely big and unwieldy breasts (Requirements to play RACE are very high)
- Loves touring car racing. Moreso WTCC.
- Wears hairclips that form a huge "R" across both of her ears (ala Homeko of the OS-tans)
- Cares little about her sisters.
- Prefers to keep her hair long.
- Doesn't mind open wheelers. (This was due to the fact that RACE later included some production and open-wheeled cars)
(I would've done RACE07-tan but I feel the difference is too small to warrant a RACE07-tan)
---
The House of Papyrus
---
A group of sim-tans whose parents have long since disappeared, these sim-tans face the fight of their lives merely trying to stay alive.
=====
Grand Prix Legends
Name : Grand Prix Legends-tan
aka : GPL-tan
Height : 202 cm
Eye colour : brown
Hair colour : brown
Quick Facts :
- Often wears a kimono, either in a very light pink and black (ala Windows 95-tan of the OS-tans) or in British Racing Green.
- Loves historic cars. Moreso Formula One.
- Is very mind-mannered, but when provoked (or when GTL-tan is in sight), will very violently wield a katana.
- Likes drinking tea.
- Often does housework since she is the only one of the two Papyrus-tans to be in the house often.
- Dreams of the Nurburgring Nordschilife.
- Hates new Formula One cars.
=====
Nascar 2003
Name : Nascar 2003-tan
aka : N2003-tan
Height : 188 cm
Eye colour : brown
Hair colour : yellow
Quick Facts :
- Loves anything oval. Moreso NASCAR's Nextel Cup Series.
- Is a bit of a redneck.
- Is very accident prone on any racetrack that is not an oval.
- Loves muscle cars.
- Loves hot rods.
- Has NO set costume whatsoever.
- Often wears a cowboy hat off the racetrack.
---
Others
---
Sim-tans who don't seem to fit anywhere else.
=====
Live For Speed S2 (Site url : www.lfs.net)
Name : Live For Speed S2-tan
aka : S2-chan
Hair colour : dark blue
Quick Facts :
- Hates almost all ISI-tans (rFactor-tan, GTR2-tan etc).
- Has breasts roughly the same size as GTR2-tan, but is nowhere nearly as unwieldy.
- Is open to nearly all forms of motorsport.
- Often, when the likes of rFactor-tan are around, will wield a shotgun.
- Dislikes modding.
- Loves modifying her own looks, even if she don't like modding.
- Likes hanging around with RBR and GPL-tan.
=====
netkar PRO
Name : Netkar PRO-tan
aka : nkP-tan
Height : 156 cm
Eye colour : red
Hair colour : red
Quick Facts :
- The race car driver equal to OS-tan ME-tan.
- VERY accident prone.
- Loves Formula 3 and Formula Ford cars.
- Tries her best to be a good simulation, but often crashes.
- Is a certified klutz
- Keeps hair long either by braids or by leaving her hair alone.
- Has an unbelievably huge "ahoge" which is almost half as tall as herself.
- Likewise, is considered to be the least reliable simulation-tan.
- Cares not much about rollcake though.
=====
Richard Burns Rally
Name : Richard Burns Rally-tan
aka : RBR-chan
Height : 167 cm
Eye colour : dark brown
Quick Facts :
- Loves rallying like no other. Moreso WRC.
- Doesn't like Colin McRae.
- Is friends with LFS S2-tan.
- Prefers to keep hair short.
- Has no set uniform in terms of actual design, but often uses the same red/black/white scheme (ala the Mitsubishi cars)
- Has small hairclips reading "RBR" down her left bang.
- Is not concerned about the welfare of other sim-tans.
- Sleeps a lot.
Drive fast... crash faster.

C-Chan

Ah yes, I remember that some of these girls were fairly tall, and that's what I liked about them.  -v-

Sooooo,.................. have you given any thought to the prospect of drawing them?  I said I can help train you at least.

Spysweeper

Just a 360 kun I did a while back.[/img]

C-Chan

Okay now, here comes the usual C-chan question.... -v-

Did you draw this dude from scratch this time?  ^^

Spysweeper

Quote from: "C-Chan"Okay now, here comes the usual C-chan question.... -v-

Did you draw this dude from scratch this time?  ^^

Nope I can't draw I just photoshoped it.