ostan fighting game?

Started by thelws2, November 07, 2006, 06:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panithan

WHAT!!! Version 2.2 was released already!!!
I'd better download one!

And a tip to discover some new moves
down, forward, attack button(s)
It would work for most characters...
like 95-tan slash, vista-tan's shuriken

C-Chan

Fufufu....  ^.^

An even cooler trick is to simply break into the character file folders and Open-Edit their command files (the ones with the CMD file extensions).  With a few exceptions (such as the Hacchan's spinning kick), it lists the key sequence for each one of their attacks.  -v-

Not sure what the difference between 2.2 and 2.1 is, but it's all still cool nonetheless.  ^__^
I'd love to add more characters (I have experience making pixel art for games), but wouldn't know where to begin coding or even submitting it to the right people.  -__-;

3.1-sama would be a great candidate, especially if you made DOSKitty a lot like Kamineko....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

panithan

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufufu....  ^.^

An even cooler trick is to simply break into the character file folders and Open-Edit their command files (the ones with the CMD file extensions).  With a few exceptions (such as the Hacchan's spinning kick), it lists the key sequence for each one of their attacks.  -v-

.cmd files? I found only .cns, .act, .air, .def and .sff - -

C-Chan

No problem, when I get back home I'll look over the file trees and provide exact instructions on how to get to the command lists (or it could just be something that was specific only to Hacchan -- maybe some of the other characters follow very different designs).

Theoretically-speaking, you could probably cheat by raising the amount of damage listed for one of their moves.  That way, you could modify Hacchan so that a TriplePalm attack could knock out an opponent easily (granted you don't mind zapping the fun out of playing fairly...  ^___^;).

Pitkin

I learnt two new Emuii-san moves today. ^___^

Windows ME Defrag ^o^ - down, down, down, D (the button she uses to throw the freezing warning sign) <- great fun, its effectiveness depends on how well one defrags. :D

Close-up hair beating ^^ - forward, back, down, forward, S (the button to throw enemies) <- very efficient, but bloody difficult to perform quickly right next to a berserk enemy (at least for a person with as poor finger control as me v_v)

I should also begin to use the recovery move; it just slips my mind and I end up getting beaten up in a worse fashion than necessary. ^^;

C-Chan

Wow, surprised you managed to make Emui-chan kick some sort of A$$.  Thought she was a little slow, but admittedly she does have the dreaded "Cowlick of Death".  ^__^'

Anyway, back to the game hacking.  -v-

Let's use 95-tan as an example, since she has few files in her directory.

Got to \nijikaku2\chars\95, and you'll see the following files:

95.act
95.air
95.cmd
95.cns
95.def
95.sff
95.snd
95_2.cns
Éaû+Åæé+é+éÃ,µÃ¼[.txt

Note that the encoding seems to be out of whack, so I can't quite get most of the [Japanese?] text to display properly.  -__-'

In any case, right-click on 95.cmd and select "Edit" from the menu.  (Or likewise, open that file with Notepad or some other text editor.)

You'll now be able to see the guts behind 95's moves -- most of it is in that crappily-encoded text, but the key commands themselves are in English.

C-Chan

Whoops, too late. ^^;
Already posted those up two weeks ago.  ^v^;

But it's worth the refresher...  -v-

panithan

Let's post some screenshot from the game.

We did it when I (Visbou) team co-op with my sister (Chloe).
No special moves. Just the rapid weak attack! ;025

panithan

I have a problem when playing...
Sometines before I fight the enemies,
at the VS screen, it shows the characters in the fight.
But it don't go to battle screen, it terminates itself!
It happen when I fought some certain enemies... ;020

C-Chan

Oh shoot, forgot about the game....  Sorry, working on too many other things....  ^^'

I'm guessing it's a problem with incomplete character files, but that's just a guess. -v-

Exa

Or it could be a problem with the game's main structure, because I'm using "normal" MUGEN too, and it has the same problem - sometimes not terminates but freezes in a middle of the battle...:S

SleepyD

speaking of MUGEN, it seems that someone is developing it for OS/2...

why did I mention this? well... i'm sure someone here would be interested. hah

C-Chan

*sniff*  SleepyD,...  ;___;

*cries with joy*

I - Love - You....!!  ;^v^;

*runs around frantically, rambling unintelligbly*

Doko?!  DOKO?!!  MUST,... GET,... OS/2.... version.... of... MUGEN!!!!!!! ^V^

*stops*

Oh wait, don't have OS/2.  '___'

No problemo!  ^V^

*runs off to sign up for eComStation 2.0 beta program*

SleepyD